I'm the dude who took a job at a new restaurant partially based on advice from you fucks...

I'm the dude who took a job at a new restaurant partially based on advice from you fucks.. I post OC every now and again for yall to scrutinize.

anyway, here's this week's tasting menu

>chilled asparagus/jalapeno soup
>sous vide egg (cold) cooked at 149 for 1 hour (white is almost runny, yolk is the consistency of jam)
>pickled asparagus
>squid ink/sourdough bread crumbs
>sorrel

>true cod poached in thyme/lemongrass infused olive oil
>buttermilk w the bones steeped in it
>herb oil
>seared goose tongue bundle (the greens)
>squash blossom
>preserved lemon gastrique

Looks good op where's it at?

>juniper/salt cured pork belly (fried when picked up)
>red miso/black pepper aioli
>merlot cabbage reduction
>merlot pickled cabbage
>pickled cherry
>coconut/curry espuma
>peanut dust

there's something on your plate, wash it

>pan roasted/butter basted squab breast
>squab leg confited in duck fat, dredged in cornstarch/tapioca starch/rice flour and fried to order
>sweet corn puree
>pickled sour corn
>espelette seasoned popcorn
>squab demi
>corn silk dust

If you don't answer me I'll shove your picked dick down your throat cunt.

what do you want from me, faggot?

>vanilla meringue
>lemon/strawberry curd
>elderflower syrup
>herb oil

this is just lazy

I like how it looks. Its much cooler looking than a bigass meringue filled with curd

Looks great OP

I'd spit in your face if you served this to me.

Good thing you could never afford it, poorfag.

Those meals are the kind you pay for and still leave hungry.

its still a pile of mess in the middle of a plate. its got smudges of syrup or some shit all over it and you can tell where the guy touched the meringue with his dirty fingers. They made one of the most boring and simple things they could with a meringue. Then that small pile of raw berries, lol. The curd looks like he tried to quenelle it or some shit but completely failed. Its just funny seeing a tasting menu ending on something so unremarkable.

they probably just made a meringue dome over the curd and broke it with a spoon. it's a popular hipster thing to make something perfect then smash it. personally it annoys me too but it's just a fashion thing, i would only say it's lazy at the conceptual stage.

No quenelle, just a blob of curd down on the plate after the syrup goes down. I stand by the plate, aaaand the berries were tossed in sugar and left to macerate in their own juices at room temp for a couple hours prior to service

Its a tasty dessert, senpai. The meringue/curd are made w duck eggs as well

did you ever stop to consider the fact that the point of the meal isn't to stuff your fat face, but to eat cool shit and also leave feeling sated?

it's this guy again.

This is why i stopped working in fine dining. half of it is stupid pretty plating while boasting what kind of new technique you used for it.
That soup sounds extremly delicious tho. How do you pickle the aspargus? i wouldve roasted it over a flame shortly not pickled it, the smokey flavour wouldve been great in the soup.

>I'm the dude
No one likes you.

Rubbish, all of it.

for the soup we just cooked off asparagus with the fermented jalapenos and onions, pureed it, finished with salt/lemon juice/sherry vin/maple syrup.

the asparagus was pickled with the standard 3/4 cup apple cider vin, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar brought to a boil with aromatics

no u

no u

I can, however, afford a proper full meal for a fraction of the price of this fucking rabbit food.

it's pretentious because it's food people eat for entertainment, not because they're starving

Sounds good, looks off.

The goose tongue could be a little darker, but would eat.

Sounds ok but looks poofy.

Shitsmears of sauce, would return.

Bog standard, not exciting

4.5/10, would eat once to say I did but never return

You do know this is a tasting menu, right?

>expecting a flyover lardass to comprehend the concept of a tasting menu

It's a fucking troll you fucking morons

Harsh.

Let's be friendly.

>2016
>he still doesn't understand that for a tasting menu you are served all of these dishes
>he thinks you only order one dish off a menu like Applebee's

LOL, dude that's just precious

What's true cod?

Not fake cod

Hey op, long time lurker here. I remember you. Surprised you took their advice.
How has it been so far? Working conditions (regarding time and pay)?
Your boss loves merlot cabbage it seems.

Stick to the golden corral then pls

Pretentious and empy of meaning.

Honestly those dishes are thief tier...

so little of it. why wouldn't you just go to mcdonalds instead?

wow that was like 7 months ago. still in business, good job pal.

will the place make to the black by the end of 12 months?