We are having a dip competition at work tomorrow and I have not been able to find anything inspiring online so far

We are having a dip competition at work tomorrow and I have not been able to find anything inspiring online so far.

Do you guys have any favorite dip recipes that are delicious and interesting? Or even just any ideas or concepts for a "best dip" would be welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Awz9PFJfi5w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

crab dip

get quality non shit crab
heaps of good recipes you can look for, make sure there is some chunky bits in the dip (doesnt have to be the crab)

everyone will blow you

Do not encourage bringing seafood to work

People at your job are likely easily impressed and love simple shit.

So make a "pasta" dip. Layers of marinara sauce, ricotta/egg mix, sausage crumbles or diced pepperoni, more sauce, mozzarella, etc. You really can't fuck it up.

Buy pasta chips to go with them. At my grocery, the pasta chips are over in the deli/specialty cheese and olive section. Not the regular chip aisle.

Skoal is breddy good :DD

artichoke dip is GOAT. Bring it in a small crock pot.

-Fava beans with minced green onions + lemon + olive oil + coriander
-chicken breast + red pepper, cook them together in water, remove it and into a food processor. Add a little bit of the stock to it while processing. Just add salt and pepper.

Cholula and sour creme

just go for classic burger sauce. 1 spoon of ketchup, 2 spoons of mayonnaise lol

Make hummus

Add harissa and olive oil

Stir

Wala

it's ''Voilà'' you dip

Anchoïade

Op here, how does the chicken and red pepper plus water turn out texture wise?

Just thinking it out, wouldn't it need something more to counter blandness and texture? All I can see is chicken paste with streaks of red in it. Maybe mayo for a chicken salad consistently?

>dip competition at work

what the shit?

Welcome to Veeky Forums, this must be your first day.

It's for "boosting morale and promoting a better connection between the two teams"

Essentially my team and another agent as close as they want us to be so we are having a group meeting. Dip was chosen because it's easy and cheap.

Smooth, like a paste or a pate. It's better to add herbs and condiments to the cooking water IMO, you can use whatever you want to in that regard (cumin, orgenanum, chicken boullion, fennel, they all work great). You just add some of the broth to help the breast and pepper mix. It turns out smooth like a paste, a sort of pate if you will. I do it all the time and works errytiem with guests. You can add mayo if you want to, but you don't need to. You can also use it as a base and add ricotta, or that kraft soft cheese, etc. Go crazy. But it's seriouslly bullet proof as it is. I'm assuming you know basic cooking btw, as in how to cook a chicken breast and flavour the coocking water, etc. Hope it helps user.

What's being dipped into the dip? That would narrow this down to the better options quicker. Or are you bringing the dip along with what you're dipping?

We have a range. People are bringing crostini, pita, tortilla chips, basics line that. I could bring something in that goes better with the dip though.

you could be a lazy fucker and bring in the bagel toast crisps for dipping, arrange them nicely around a cream cheese topping whipped with fresh chives and dill added. black pepper for memes. Get a scrawny piece of basil or mint or fucking grass and put it on top for the presentation factor

Hang on OP, I'm going to dump some dip recipes I have in my recipe folder for your perusal. Here's the first one:

Hot Artichoke-Spinach Dip:

1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
½ cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
8 ounces cream cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
dash ground pepper

Boil the spinach and artichoke hearts in a cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander when done. Heat the cream cheese in a small bowl in the microwave set on high for 1 minute. Or use a saucepan to heat the cheese over medium heat just until hot. Add the spinach and artichokes to the cream cheese and stir well. Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese mixture and combine. Serve hot with crackers or toasted bread.

The lazy fuck in our our would always bring juice. No matter the theme or event. Two gallons of juice every time

Easy Nine Layer Dip:

Starting on bottom of a serving platter or shallow dish:
1. Refried beans
2. Cheddar cheese
3. Olives
4. Sour cream
5. Green onions
6. Tomatoes
7. Cheddar cheese
8. Cilantro
Serve with tortilla chips and a side of salsa.

Green Dip/Sauce:

12 green tomatillos
¼ cup cilantro (packed) or to taste
salt to taste
2 green chilies, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
4 avocados, peeled and diced
¼ to ½ cup sour cream, depending on how creamy you want the sauce

Boil green tomatillos until tender, about 7 or 8 minutes. You can tell they’re ready when t hey change color from bright green to a darker, translucent green. Drain and grind in blender with cilantro and onion. Add salt and let cool. When completely cooled, add avocado and blend in blender till sauce is smooth. Blend in sour cream to taste with a spatula. Chill at least 1 hour before serving, and serve with tortilla chips. This stuff is addictive. Also fantastic on tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and as a topping for pretty much any Mexican food. But it’s at it’s best alone with chips.

Easy Olive Dip:

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 1/2 ounces chopped black olives
1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
Dash of tabasco or to taste

Mix cheese and mayonnaise by hand, and combine with onions and olives. Serve with party rye or crackers.

Sautéed Vegetable - Feta Dip:

1/2 cup chopped carrots
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
3/4 cup chopped leeks
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup sliced black olives
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

Boil or steam carrots just until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, and set aside. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, red peppers, leeks, onions and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Cool. In a food processor, combine cooled vegetables, black olives, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, oregano and feta. Process to desired consistency. Serve with crackers or vegetables.

Spicy Pumpkin Dip:

6 cups pumpkin flesh, cleaned, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons caraway seeds
¼ cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
6 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ cup chopped parsley
1 tablespoon minced fresh red or green chili pepper of you choice
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a stock pot of water to a rolling boil, add the pumpkin, and cook unitl they are easily pierced with a fork, but still offer some resistance, 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the caraway seeds in a small saute pan over medium heat, watching carefully and shaking the pan frequently to avoid burning, until they just begin to release a little smoke, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain pumpkin, allow to cool to room temperature, combine with caraway seeds and remaining ingredients and puree in a food processor or blender. Serve with grilled pita for dipping.

Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Grilled Pita:

¼ cup olive oil
1 yellow onioin, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced fresh red or green chili pepper of you choice
¼ cup molassas
6 roasted red bell peppers
¾ cup olive oil
6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup lime juice
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 package Pitas

In a large saute pan, heat the ¼ cup olive oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cumin, garlic and chili pepper; continut to cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender, add all the remaining ingredients except salt and pepper, and puree until ver smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cut pita rounds into quarters or eighths, brush lightly with melted butter or olive oil, and grill over low fire until well browned and a bit crispy, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Or, you can put the cut, oiled pitas on a baking sheet in a 450 degree oven for about 5 minutes.

This isn't a dip, but it's something you could bring on the side, as a nibble to go with the dips and crackers/bread/whatever.

Garlic Olives:*good

2 cups large green olives, drained and pitted
garlic cloves (enough for all olives) halved or cut into thirds if large
3 slices lemon (thin)
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
3 bay leaves
whole sprigs thyme, or basil, or oregano
¼ cup sherry or vinegar
olive oil

Stuff olives with garlic. Combine olives and all other ingredients except oil in a tightly-lidded jar. Add olive oil to cover. Marinate at least 24 hours or overnight to blend flavors.

This one is different from most dips/spreads, so you'd win some originality points there.

Roasted Red Pepper-Pesto Cheesecake:

1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs (Ritz or Townhouse), about 40 crackers
¼ cup butter or margarine
2 packages (16 ounce) cream cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup Pesto sauce
½ cup drained, roasted red bell peppers, pureed
3 eggs

Mix crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Mix cream cheese and ricotta with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in remaining ingredients. Pour over crust. Bake at 325 fpr 1 hour. Run knife around pan to loosen cake. Cool well before removing from pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. Garnish with basil leaves and red pepper strips and serve with crackers.

SMOKED SALMON CHEESEBALL

8 oz Cream cheese
-- at room temperature
1/4 c Grated cheddar cheese
1/2 ts Horseradish
1 Quick shake worcestershire
1 ts Lemon juice
6 1/2 oz smoked salmon
1/2 c Ground pecans

Mix all ingredients together and roll into a ball. Roll in either
chopped nuts or chives. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until
ready to use. Serves 4 to 6 people as an hors d'oeuvre.

Smokey Green Chili Cheddar Cheese with Avocado Mango Salsa:

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 (8-ounce) blocks Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces smoked Cheddar cheese, shredded
6 green onions, minced
2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
1 (1 1/4-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
Avocado-Mango Salsa (see below)

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 2 equal
portions; shape each into a 6-inch round. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Place cheese rounds on serving plates; top evenly with Avocado-Mango Salsa;
serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 cheese rounds (18 appetizer servings).
Prep: 40 min., Chill: 8 hrs.

AVOCADO-MANGO SALSA:
1/4 cup hot jalapeño jelly
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 large mangoes, peeled and diced*
2 large avocados, diced
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Whisk together jelly and lime juice in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, and stir until blended. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Yield: about 5 cups.

Hot Beef Pecan Dip
¼ cup green pepper
1 oz. package cream cheese
2 Tbsp. Milk
½ cup sour cream
4 oz. Dried beef, chopped
2 Tbsp. Minced onion
1 tsp. Garlic powder
½ cup pecans, chopped and toasted

Mix ingredients together, then stir in pecans. Put in a casserole dish. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes till bubbly. Serve warm with crackers.

Sorry Mario. This sounds gross

This idea I like

That's all I had in my files. I have a ton of cookbooks, but I'd have to take pics or type all that out, and bleh.... But I hope some of that helps, anyway.

This helps a lot! Thank you for your help.

>black pepper for memes

yea but 9 people will bring that in.

What about a baked smore dip

*viola.

it's like a slightly bigger violin.

youtube.com/watch?v=Awz9PFJfi5w