What is the single greatest ingredient in all of cooking history and why is it tomatoes?

What is the single greatest ingredient in all of cooking history and why is it tomatoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Era4tENWn4Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sorry m8 it's water

You spelled cheese wrong

it's garlic/onions brah

Tomatoes are only good for making ' '

youtu.be/Era4tENWn4Q
Cayenne

This guy is correct

This is the type of question I would say every food blogger on the "Internet" loves to try and answer. The more I think about it the more it's like an argument between my Hubby and me about which of our mixed brood is the smartest, funniest, cutest, &c. We love them all but I'm partial to my Amber and Trace and he of course always has to side with his Kyle and Kayla. Either one of us "wins" and we do get to enjoy some healthy bragging about our little ones.

Now when it comes to food it's a different matter. Sure his job at the Rent-to-Own Store has its "knowledge," but does he write a weekly food blog with over a thousand readers every month? I don't think so. Does he get "e-letters' from busy Moms like myself that he answers promptly? I don,t think so.

Which brings me to why in the world does he think that pizza is the single best ingredient in cooking history? I mean that doesn't even make sense! Sure if he said "beer" I would get the joke because I don't think there's anybody on God' Green Earth that loves beer more than my hubby! So I pushed him to name an "ingredient' and not just some silly pizza answer. That's when he said that forgot to change the blinker fluid in his car and ran out the door to the auto parts store.

So I'm left by my lonely to answer the question for my readers and perhaps more importantly, for myself. The best ingredient? Well, all of them of course though one is more imprtant than all the others! And before you start rolling on the floor, laughing your you know what off, just remember the best ingredient, my secret ingredient, is to all make whatever you make with love!

Good eating to eveyone!

olive oil

is it salt

kek

tomatoes are the highest in unamime

>the single greatest ingredient in all of cooking history

love

There is going to be a tomato shortage in the next few years because the booming ' ' industry is using almost all of them.

Repressed anger and regret also work wonders.

Mom, is that you? I really like your goulash!

If salt counts I've gotta say salt, but if not then onions easily

Potatoes

>boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

Totally onions desu

They can bring so many different flavours into the mix, raw in a salad th freshen things up, steamed in vegetables, cooked brown for sweetnes, the list goes on and on. Hell, even a whole onion from the grill is delicious

agreed. flavour enhancer plus preservative? best ingredient hands down
actual food my bet is on the potato because it's cheap, can be grown anywhere, filling, and ridiculously versatile

Salt

Even in waterless recipes, you use salt.

even if you don't add water, controlling the amount/distribution of water in an ingredient is the essence of cooking

ITS BACON XDDD

BACON IS THE LE GREATEST :^DDD

>Logical fallacy as rebuttal

An ingredient is something you ADD to the recipe. Food that already contains water in it, like grapes for instance, are a single ingredient, they are not grapes + water on the recipe list.

lemon?

because it's potatoes

what logical fallacy?

>An ingredient is something you ADD to the recipe

you are adding it, it's just a component of many other products

God forbid if we ever have to import 'oes because of the ' ' epidemic.

why do I know exactly what this means

I need to go outside

I wonder who could be behind this post.

the poor nigerians... now they'll never get another tomato for their mosquito burger

These guys have it. I couldn't make my classic 'go 'za without 'toes