Are fruit juices actually healthy or are they a sugar meme? I've been buying OJ and drinking it like water lately

Are fruit juices actually healthy or are they a sugar meme? I've been buying OJ and drinking it like water lately

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZuYPdTvqitg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yer gonna get fat. Fruit juice is just sugar and vitamins. Only marginally better than soda.

Nail, meet hammer.

No, they are not healthy, not even when you squeeze the fruit yourself. It's mostly sugar indeed

>classic image.jpg

Do you think it's healthy to eat 10 oranges in one sitting?

Sugar isn't associated with ill health or obesity, dietary fat is. Fruit juices are a good way to get some calories and vitamins in and they're much better for you than milk.

"Fruit juice is sugar therefore unhealthy" makes about as much fucking sense as "Rice is starch therefore unhealthy". Don't believe these fatkins clowns, keep drinking your fruit juices but cut out the fat and see how fat you're really gonna get (hint: not fat at all)

So is water the only liquid that humans should drink?

>I've been buying OJ and drinking it like water lately
Think about it, would you find it alright to consume 5-6 bananas in a row? Or, 20 bananas a day? That's what a quart of orange juice really is when you drink it like water. It's just not a sensible caloric intake, and if and only if you compare it to whole oranges, you miss out on some of the nutrition of the pulp and pith of eating whole sections, not to mention fullness and satiety that would clearly make you stop sooner.

If you're addicted try the Trop 50 or even Crystal Light's version of morning Tang. It might get you over the hurdle. I like a splash of OJ in cold seltzer, kind of a homemade Orangina. Thin it out.

If you are drinking it out of boredom and ease, cause you are grabbing what is simply there and cold already, consider a pitcher of unsweet tea at hand, or some other healthier options in the cans or bottles. Get fancy with some of your own cold brew or some aloe or some diet sunkist, whatever it takes if laziness is your deal. I like coconut LaCroix, and stock up when it's on 3/$10 special. I also toss a mint tea bag into my brewed iced tea, which refreshes me greatly and tastes a bit sweet.

not that processed garbage you posted, no. fresh squeezed or kys

I'm happy I'm not dumb like you.

>drink a bunch of artificial flavors and sweeteners instead.

oh for fuck's sake

>So is water the only liquid that humans should drink?

Honestly, yes.

Juice has a lot of sugar.

Tea is fine too.

Everything is okay in doses. OP said he drank it like water tho, which isn't a good idea if you don't exercise.

fruit juice is for baby fruit

calling everything a meme is a meme you fruit. gets to be annoying. it's like everyone saying LITERALLY all the time

This post is literally a meme

now this is autism

stop fucking posting

>would you find it alright to consume 5-6 bananas in a row
Yeah, people eating too many fucking bananas is the cause of the obesity and diabetes epidemic, it's so fucking obvious

I'm a pediatrician

Fruit juice is a major factor in childhood obesity. It's basically sugar water even if it has a few vitamins. If I see a fat kid at the office the first thing I do is get the parents to stop giving him fruit juice and soda. My wife is an endocrinologist and fruit juice one of the first thing she gets diabetics to cut back on or eliminate from their diet. Seriously.

The problem is that people think it is the same as eating fruit, which it isn't. It's not their fault really because we have been shoving the fruits and vegetables meme down the public's throat for years. So they think they are being healthy because they aren't giving their children soda. Most people are smart enough to know coca cola isn't an ideal beverage for a child, fruit juice doesn't have that stigma, and everyone ends up thinking they are being good.

All that being said I drink a small glass of OJ every morning. It can easily be a part of a healthy diet and is better for you than soda, just don't "drink it like water" and there isn't going to be a problem. This also doesn't apply so well to smoothies, which typically have whole pieces of fruit ground up inside.

>pediatrician

i meant pedo

>If I see a fat kid at the office the first thing I do is get the parents to stop giving him fruit juice and soda
Great, wouldn't actually want to be giving good advice and put the fat fuck on a low-fat semi-vegan diet. No, fruit juices are the problem of course, not mom putting oil, cheese and butter on everything, frying up chicken left and right, it's not the cheese and ham sandwiches, the milk and the French fries, it's the fucking orange juice, what could be more obvious

>"Fruit juice is sugar therefore unhealthy" makes about as much fucking sense as "Rice is starch therefore unhealthy".

or 'salmon has fat therefore unhealthy'

That's not the extent of it you retard. The trick to starting a diet is to start small, add more veg, cut back on sugar. It's a process, you're literally breaking hardwired pathways in the brain, that isn't easy.

Jesus you people

blend fruit if you want juice.

Cutting back sugar doesn't do anything you incompetent clown because sugar isn't a problem and doesn't contribute toward childhood obesity. Apparently your "trick" is to do fuck all like a retard and hope for placebo effect to occur. Get a new career

>sugar isn't a problem
Gave me a hearty laugh

fruit juice is unhealthy more unheathy than a soda just drink a fugging coke ok that's my opinion on this site ok

>sugar isn't associated with I'll health or obesity

No, it's semen

they usually have a fair amount of vitamins and shit senpai, as long as you're not drinking your daily calories I'd say the only thing you have to worry about is you teeth because of how acidic and sugary it is

>there is literally nothing wrong with sugar, only fat is bad
massive kek
tell that to my diabeetus

it isn't? no one has gotten fat off orange juice but as for donuts and twinkles and ice cream they have tons of sugar but are also loaded with fat and cholesterol it's just people adding copious amounts of fat to sweet things and now people
blame the sugar rather than the artery clogging lipids desu

Surprise surprise

youtu.be/ZuYPdTvqitg