Why do Americans use retarded measurements like cups and ounces for cooking?

Why do Americans use retarded measurements like cups and ounces for cooking?

It's so fucking annoying that most recipe sites use these dumbass measurements. Why the fuck would you not just use grams?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Kraft-Mayo-Real-Mayonnaise-1gal/15556025
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You do know these measurements are easily converted using the power of math, right? It's not difficult.

Just because I can convert it doesn't mean it's not retarded

we say the same thing about your retarded measurements.

>complaining about imperial measures
>too stupid to convert

user...

Our system is used by 99% of the planet unlike your retarded bullshit. Keep your head in the sand Americuck, because if you do it, it must be the right way amirite
Way to miss the point retard

>non-amerigods literally cannot convert basic measurements
>pointing this out drives them into an incoherent rage

Why are Yuropoors constantly obsessed with the USA like really really obsessed?

It's so fucking annoying that most Yuropoors make threads about the greatest nation. Why the fuck would you not just go away?

I can convert it easily, but I shouldn't have to just because Americucks want to feel like special snowflakes whilst literally the entire planet uses a far superior system.

>i c-could convert it
>i w-was just p-pretending

Pig headedness. As a frontier nation we're reluctant to do anything that seems like a capitulation to the Old World, especially in light of our becoming a dominant world power after WWII. The big push to adopt metric came as we were celebrating 200 years of independence from European rule. Didn't fly.

>I have no argument

Go bye bye Americuck

>I shouldn't have to
Fuck you. Write your own recipes, you innumerate ingrate.

It makes it that much harder for the inferior countries to copy our recipes.

>i have no rudimentary math kills

That's what a diet of dirt, maggot cheese and american semen will do

>the US is 1% of the earth.
Have you looked at a map recently?

why the fuck would you not just get measuring tools that allow you to use those recipes accurately?

Why are you angry? Why are you even looking at American recipes if according to the rest of the world all we eat are burgers? There isn't much to measure when making burgers...
If you don't like it go make your own cooking websites and recipes in whatever measurement you want.

>mfw American supermarkets sell condiments in gallon sized containers

Seriously who (other than a restaurant or cafe) needs to buy 3.78541 litres of mayo in one fucking hit?

>why do americans do thing
>why do americans provide all the recipes i want to make
>why doesn't my country sell scales and measuring cups with both kinds of measurements like america does
>jesus christ, i just want to make american food but can't figure out basic conversions
>why are americans so fat and stupid and obsessed with fast food
>by the way, i just want to make a recipe from an american site
>fucking americans! literally ruining my life by having good things but being american!

your system may be used by the majority of nations on the planet, but the majority of websites are american. you could just go back to using your cookbooks that use metric if it really bothers you. or you could be a stereotype that complains about how americans do things.

our influence is so strong that it actually obstructs aspects of your daily life. sounds like youre the cuck.

you are so mad and also very poor.

american here

they don't. condiments usually come in 8, 16 or 24 ounce containers, which is about .25, .5 or .7 liters, respectively. i have never seen a gallon sized container of mayo in the grocery.

>ok

walmart.com/ip/Kraft-Mayo-Real-Mayonnaise-1gal/15556025

ive never seen that shit before, but I don't shop at walmart, I shop at a regular grocery store. I guess I just pretend that place and those people don't exist. those people are definitely avoidable, at least for me.

you learn something new every day.

That's for restaurants, genius.

Restaurants shop at Walmart, Amazon.com and Sam's Club?

They don't have dedicated food distributors who deliver products on a regular basis?

Imagine for a minute that you aren't a degenerate piece of human garbage. Now, imagine you run a small restaurant and you're running low on ingredients.

Do you wait till Tuesday for your next delivery from Sysco or do you run to the grocery store and grab the items you need?

A lot of chains do.

A lot of locally owned restaurants buy their stuff from whatever big-box store is nearest.

I'm English and I actually like cups its really simple and you don't need scales.

Fun fact, the measuring cups that use the American system usually have Metric amounts engraved into them.

I can sort of agree. I like Cups, but ounces can go fuck themselves.

4 percent of the world's population.

as a scientist, this is the one thing i will agree on with you eurofags. we do need metric, but those old faggots in the south wont do with it. they tried to switch in the past but it failed. i feel like this should be a serious issue

It's quicker to use cups and ounces for some things but when it's necessary, like for baking, people who take it seriously will use a scale.

Metric is in use where necessary: in science. You can't force people to start using metric in food applications because it is not needed and only marginally more useful than the current system.

This pretty much says everything that needs to be said.

It's okay, our food sucks anyways. Don't bother converting to use our recipes. :3

You fucking mongloid, Sam's Club and Costco are DESIGNED to sell to restaurants and small businesses.

>Sam's Club and Costco are DESIGNED to sell to restaurants and small businesses

You've obviously never been to an actual restaurant supply store.

Costco and SC are designed for housewives with 5 children to feed.

Because we have the FREEDOM to, I don't know why this is such a hard concept for Eurocucks.

>a far superior system

you're not serious are you?

>Seriously who (other than a restaurant or cafe)

No one, retard. That's exactly what they're for.

Maybe the other 99% of the planet should be relevant enough to publish recipies

4 doesn't equal 1 tho

why do you insist on doing everything according to some fucking book?

don't you know what you think tastes good or are you too shit a cook to make anything on your own?

more like laughmericans darnell

food is cheaper when you buy it in bulk dumbass. I buy a gallon of sweet baby rays bbq sauce every month.

the "af" in africa sounds like the "augh" in laugh. it doesnt work when you try to jam americans in there

Grams are a unit of mass. Are you telling me you weigh all your fucking ingredients?

>the "af" in africa sounds like the "augh" in laugh
i'll sock you in the grabber m8

Jesus Christ, all dat sugar

No wonder you're all so fat

>sweet baby rays
Nice quads, but I still have a hard time people who don't fuck their cousins actually eat that shit. So I'm guessing you fucked your cousin.

Just as a point even though I'm English, the imperial system put a man on the moon