Salt and pepper, I think, is honestly man's greatest invention. Suttle...

salt and pepper, I think, is honestly man's greatest invention. Suttle, versatile and goes well on just about everything.

What is your salt and pepper?

>Suttle
lol, seriously?

It is spelled subtle.

>Basic seasoning
pepper, MSG, turmeric, salt

After that you just add whatever regional styles you're going for, although that usually includes garlic. But what I listed is the absolute basics for any cuisine being attempted using 21st century knowledge. You should also be careful about your salt intake.

I put garlic in just about everything I cook.

I'm pretty sure I stink all the time but everyone I know is just too polite to say anything.

salt and pepper are not inventions, they were discoveries

Pink salt, black pepper, herbs de provence, garlic, smoked paprika and lemon juice after cooking.

This isn't a philosophy board. Don't pretend to be an authority on the biggest questions.

Their method of application to food was an invention. The objects themselves were a discovery.

Similarly, when people say fire was "invented", what they're actually referring to is the creation of fire-starting and fire pits, both of which were inventions to. Only the contextually illiterate would not recognize this.

It's not even a big question, it's literally simple definition.

An invention is something created.

A discovery is something that already existed and was simply found.

Salt and Pepper already existed, they were discovered.

And it's spelled 'Subtle', you fucking chongo.

Then be more precise if you're only talking about human invention.

>Suttle

Paprika, dried chilli flakes, onion powder or whatever herbs from my garden.
I rarely use salt unless a recipe calls for it.

tough to argue with you OP, though I think fire is man's greatest invention, though fire is far from suttle

>What is your salt and pepper?
my salt is pepper. my pepper however is also pepper.

salt and pepper aren't inventions
salt goes with everything because sodium is something humans crave
pepper "goes well" because people usually don't put enough for others to taste it

curry and more curry my friend

let me tell you, you do

this old woman used to come in the store. it was like a siren going off in your sinuses. she bragged about how she ate garlic every day to keep healthy.

i know why... the germs couldn't stand the stink.

Posts like these make me want to hop on a space shubtle and get the hell away from retards like you

dad, what are you doing, you're embarrassing me on Veeky Forums

Cayenne. I put it on everything, it's so good.

2suttle4u

>man's greatest invention
God created Salt and Pepper. Man merely found it and put it to use

Barbecue sauce
[spoiler]I wash myself with a rag on a stick[/spoiler]

Go home Chef John

Summer's here folks!

Op said "man's greatest invention".

Don't forget the garlic powder.

Why do chicanos always make the most terrible of threads?

Good bred guys. I understand the nessecity of salt,but have always wondered why it is pepper that is the ubiquitous other-spice that accompanies salt. Why are things savory seasoned with salt and pepper? I dont care for it much and have really stopped using it except for very specific applications.

why do you include tumeric in this? what does it add that makes you put it in your all purpose spice blend?

>Suttle

It's Wa La all over again. Veeky Forums memes are a diamond dozen

What does "suttle" mean? LOL, it's sort of like "subtle" but that word has different spelling so it's something else!

It's a doggy dog world out there man

Don't be such a pre-madonna

I wouldn't even be surprised to see someone unironically make that mistake nowdays

God invented it