Should vegans get some degree of government assistance since they are not helping destroy the planet as much and...

Should vegans get some degree of government assistance since they are not helping destroy the planet as much and quality vegan food is so much more expensive to acquire? I mean you can't just feed cheap meat to a vegan and they can't live off potatoes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BLTcVNyOhUc
ecsga.org/Pages/Sustainability/CultureBenefits.htm
inahalfshell.com/issues/oyster-sustainability/
qualityseafood.net/six-benefits-of-eating-oysters/
organicauthority.com/can-you-feel-good-about-eating-oysters/
theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet
veganfuturenow.com/plants-have-feelings-too/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normative
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_statement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They should certainly get mental assistance, given their retarded eating views.

>hide
>report
>ignore
>sage

How is it fair that meat eaters are allowed to hunt animals and eat them but I'm not allowed to claim a vacant lot as my personal farm to grow what I need?

You can go foraging for pretty much whatever you want at any time in the same forests that hunters hunt in.

But vegetables don't grow in the forest as often as animals do because most animals you hunt feed mostly or grass and leaves and I can't eat either of those.
It would take me all week to find enough food for a couple of days, i can't survive like that. Meanwhile you set a trap and shoot one animal and its mea for weeks

Kind of sorta sounds like an argument against being a vegetarian...

Hell, you can fish in one day enough food for weeks, you can even bring a couple small animals and breed them with little to no effort, it's almost like your first is supposed to be mostly meat because it's what it's easily available and a couple fruits and vegetables to get the vitamins you need while I have to break my body harvesting some crops, it's not fair

Cows and chickens are not native to my country and I'm doing my part to eradicate them.

>But vegetables don't grow in the forest as often as animals do because most animals you hunt feed mostly or grass and leaves and I can't eat either of those

read a goddamn book you stupid nigger

But that would mean that veganism ist sustainable without modern technology
And that's wrong

>you can fish in one day enough food for weeks, you can even bring a couple small animals and breed them with little to no effort

Dude, why are you bringing small animals on your fishing trips and making them have sex? I think you misunderstood the term, "animal lover".

I watched plenty of nature shows that Edwin how hard it it to find them in the forest, maybe it's easier for an animal that's designed to feed only on them but I'm only a human and my diet got compromised a couple hundred years ago from a pure vegan one y meat eaters so I lost my sense of smell that could help me find food from miles

>i lost my sense of smell that could help me find food from miles

Vegans actually believe that we evolved into humans from sharks 200 years ago.

Everyone claiming a vacant piece of property as their own personal farm isn't sustainable either.

As a vegan, I personally believe government assistance for carnists would make more sense.
The truly expensive vegan food is processed, overpriced Yuppie garbage that only hipsters and dumb white women care about. High quality vegan foods, such as rice, beans, potatoes, green vegetables, and fruits, are actually really filling and affordable compared to meat.
I seriously feel sorry for the poor, uneducated masses who don't realize how much they're harming their health and wallet by not eating a plant-based diet. I used to be considerably overweight and undernourished, but since going vegan I'm at a healthier weight, I feel energized and nourished, and I'm saving hundreds every year on groceries.

>cutting certain foods out of your diet provides you with more nourishment
>every.fucking.time.

>living in a country where your primary crop absorbs the market and gets added to fucking everything, and you have to pay abhorrent prices for acceptable veggies.

We literally pay pennies for already great quality produce. I've been all over Yankland and it's fucking insanity. Your food culture is backwards, you are so truly fucked. I grieve for you all.

Yeah a bullet in their head.

Hunters pay a slew of registration and licensing taxes, dummy. And you want a tax deduction on a small personal use farm for land you do not own? That's pretty special.

>quality vegan food is so much more expensive to acquire?
You're an idiot. A vegan diet is dirt fucking cheap if you cook. Beans cost next to nothing.

An actual healthy vegan diet isn't, sure you can survive on rice for a while. You are covering shit of your nutritional needs
A vegan needs more because he has to make up for what meat gives you in protein and other shit

>cutting organic gluten free quinoa agave nectar cheesecake bowl-ritos out of your shopping list is a bad thing

>protein and other shit
explain the other shit because 1 cup of beans is roughly equivalent to a chicken breast in terms of protein
vegan diets make sense ethically, economically, and nutritionally

I'm not afraid to admit the only reason I eat meat is because it tastes good

Protein isn't really a problem on a vegan diet; but there are many micronutrients which aren't as effectively absorbed by the body when they come from vegetable sources as opposed to meat sources. Vitamin B12 in particular is not found in vegetables, though there are supplements available.

This. I'm not vegan, but I eat like one most of the time. The food cost of a dinner for two rarely breaks $3, and some nights is under $1. It's cheap as fuck if you cook dried beans.

I have a friend who has been vegan for 40 years. Dude is now 60-something. Healthy as fuck, doesn't take any pills. No blood pressure meds, no cholesterol meds, no nothing. I asked him what he did about B12. His reply was, "I don't worry about it."

Is it open season on vegans yet? Has anyone bagged a wild vegan?

Daily reminder that animal agriculture is the leading cause of greenhouse gas emissions.

If you eat meat, you are a bad person. Plain and simple.

>It's cheap as fuck if you cook dried beans.

A grain is very much like an egg, an embryo, that could germinate and generate a beautiful plant, yet vegans feel no remorse in eating beans, but expect others to feel guilt for eating eggs. What is the reasoning behind this?

>inb4 healthier, dietary cholesterol is bad, heart diseases

I only fart under the blankets though, so it never makes it up into the atmosphere.

because plants don't have feelings. They may have sensory reactions to "pain"but they don't feel sadness, loss, or true pain.

Also even if planets did feel the same as animals vegans are killing less plants because animals eat plants and to eat an animal you need to feed it plants.

Why don't vegans eat oysters then?
>Farming them is good for the environment
>No central nervous system, so they can't feel pain
>taste great, are a source of protein and provide a fuckton of micronutrients

So, conveniently, plants are regarded by vegans as lesser beings so they can be eaten? Makes sense. Basic human instinct, to kill weaker creatures to survive. It goes against your own vegan views, tho, since plants have wants and needs - soil type, sun exposure, temperature and are very well alive with a nervous system, thus sentient.

Vegans have to eat more to meat their dietary needs. especially total protein, so they're really not killing less.

There's really no difference here, animals and plants are living organisms at the bottom of the food chain in the grand biological scheme and there should be no shame attached to killing them for food, everybody is doing it, including vegans.

youtube.com/watch?v=BLTcVNyOhUc

>Vegans have to eat more to meat their dietary needs.

Oh user, you're so cheeky.

actually oysters are essential to the oceans ecosystem. And if you've even taken first year biology you would know that removing a species from a foodchain it can DESTROY an ecosystem. There are now on planet earth less than HALF of the fish in the ocean than in the 1970's.

We could instead just eat seaweed, (which is high in DHA), and other various vegan substitutes.

Also taste is subjective and has a lot to do with culture and your upbringing. So I personally don't think they taste good, but again that's just me.

While they might not feel pain it is still wrong to kill them because they are animals.

NO, you stupid, stupid, faggot.
The only government assistance vegans need is psychiatric assessments.

>plants have wants and needs - soil type, sun exposure, temperature and are very well alive with a nervous system

Instincts are very different than wants. Plants don't want dirt, they need it. Plants have no wants.

>thus sentient.
A nervous system does not correlate sentience. A brain does.

>Vegans have to eat more to meat their dietary needs. especially total protein, so they're really not killing less.

Yes they are though, there are 150+ billion cows in the meat industry alone that eat plants and vegetables. Even if everyone on planet earth ate 3 times as much vegetables it wouldn't even come close.

>There's really no difference here, animals and plants are living organisms at the bottom of the food chain in the grand biological scheme and there should be no shame attached to killing them for food, everybody is doing it, including vegans.

That's why I said FARMING oysters is good for the environment. Brain damage is a sign of Vitamin B12 deficiency, you know. How does *farming* oysters affect the wild species?
>ecsga.org/Pages/Sustainability/CultureBenefits.htm
>inahalfshell.com/issues/oyster-sustainability/
>qualityseafood.net/six-benefits-of-eating-oysters/
>organicauthority.com/can-you-feel-good-about-eating-oysters/

Besides, what makes killing animals wrong? And why doesn't this apply to plants?

Please stop posting anytime, your arguments are terrible and they don't deserve the (You)s they're getting.

>vegan diets

>it's a 'fatties can't comprehend the idea of not eating meat' episode

>actually oysters are essential to the oceans ecosystem. And if you've even taken first year biology you would know that removing a species from a foodchain it can DESTROY an ecosystem. There are now on planet earth less than HALF of the fish in the ocean than in the 1970's.

>We could instead just eat seaweed, (which is high in DHA), and other various vegan substitutes.

Vegans and only vegans are allowed to remove a species from the ocean, the post.

>How is it fair that meat eaters are allowed to hunt animals and eat them but I'm not allowed to claim a vacant lot as my personal farm to grow what I need?

That is such an inane argument. I want to prove you wrong, but i know this is just bait.

SO here goes!
>why is it legal for you to do natural things and for my twisted ideology not be represented in the twisted ideology that is law, so that you have to accept it.

Is this a joke

Fake and gay

>Plants don't want dirt, they need it. Plants have no wants.

>Humans and animals don't want food, they need it. Humans and animals have no wants.

no

>it's a "numales can't comprehend people who have testosterone" episode

>Should vegans get some degree of government assistance

howw about assisted suicide boss?

ah GOT EM

BULLSHIT!!!! Bull-fucking-shit. Complete lie. The biggest contributor to greenhouse gas emissions by far–BY FAR–is energy production. Fucking hypocrite. You're an ignorant, self-righteous turd.

You seriously think that in bible times and medieval eras those people could be vegan?
Fuck out of here.

Oh my god... I used to know a guy who ate nothing but shitty fast food and he didn't know how to cook for himself but he believed that we evolved from blobs out of the ocean and was a total fedora atheist.
I don't talk to that guy anymore.

I think the nastiest parts of China are to blame.

Eggs don't feel, stop.

>meat eaters hunt
Yeah like 0.01% of them sure do, the rest would turn veggie in a heartbeat if they'd see where m'burger comes from or if they had to kill a cow themselves.

I know where "m'burger" comes from and haven't turned into a "veggie." And why would anyone kill a cow when butchers specialize in that? Stop invoking retarded emotional appeals.

Some do.

>A nervous system does not correlate sentience. A brain does.

Starfish are animals with no brain only a nervous system and are considered sentient by vegans. Sponges are also animals that have no brain, and no nervous system at all, and are considered sentient by vegans.

Hypocrite much?

When you start nitpicking creatures that nobody vegan or otherwise use for anything, you start to stink of desperation. Go take a shower.

>eating seafood at all
>Fukushima still leaking 5 years later

Fiddly diddly

>I'm an uncultured aspie and have never left my home town.

Please take that shower. You're seriously fouling this place up.

Sorry for ruining your vegan agenda. :^)

>Please stop countering my fallacious argument with facts, you're offending my vegan sensibilities!

You guys realize the outstanding majority of plants are cultivated as a result of animal agriculture, right? If you care about plant life you're only complacent with the destruction of far more of it if you consume animal products.

theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet
veganfuturenow.com/plants-have-feelings-too/

It's always a weird excuse a lot of people make to continue to be shitty.

>My terrible argument was torn down, but I'm going to try to derail the subject by making fun of him.

>and they can't live off potatoes
What is stopping them?
Too picky to save the planet?

>Not wanting to grow tentacles and shake your skin off
Fucking smooth skins!

That my friend is known as an externality

In a perfect world everyone would pay the true costs of their actions

However the way the world should be is a very different question from the way the world is

This is the difference between normative and positive questions

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normative
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_statement

>vegans
>real

>Make a big lifestyle choice that is out there and not accepted as a norm
>Expect government assistance for said choice
Why the fuck is this so common?

you should have suicide assistance given your retarded political ones. Don't worry, I got a present for OP none the less.

Fuck off, my tax dollars already go to worthless niggers, I don't need them to go to worthless hipsters as well.

Because we've stopped bullying and enforcement of norms. If a kid did something weird or different in school, he would be bullied and in time would rejoin the fold. If he persisted in strange and different behavior he would do it in private, behind closed doors or would not rub it in everbodys faces.

Now they create ever increasing and disfunctional lifestyles and force others to pay for and condone their destructive and pointless lifestyles.

This is why right-of-center politics are becoming popular in the Western World, the rise of small Government to curtail the excesses of enforcing minority views on the majority.

>Vegan diet
>More expensive than animal products diet
Retard

That sounds like the same shitty line of thinking that claims that Americans nowadays should still be held responsible for slavery.

Doesn't make retards believe in it less, now does it?

> quality vegan food is so much more expensive to acquire

Not sure what you mean there. If by "quality vegan food" you mean things like fresh fruit and vegetables, then yeah, it would be nicer if they were cheaper for EVERYONE. Currently the subsidy distribution is all fucked, which is why a salad can cost more than buying a steak.

Vegan faux-meats are expensive, but you really shouldn't build a diet around those. I'm vegan and my diet is mostly just beans and gluten instead of meat, with lots of brown rice/potato/bread and vegetables.

Pic somewhat related, my grocery spending this month for two people, broken down by foot category.

The problem with eggs isn't that it's like abortion, it's that the egg-laying hens are killed for meat after a short time because they become less profitable, and they're kept in bad conditions.

I'm vegan, and while I might not have a strong ethical reason to buy oysers, I don't really want to. I mean, what's the point? They're relatively expensive and it seems sketchy to buy shellfish when you're inland.

Get
Over
It

I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS I'M VEGAN. THAT'S ALL.

How exactly do you monitor that? Check your meat levels in your urine? Blood? Stand in front of you for 10 seconds to see whether you bring up being vegan or not?

Jain did it, not that any vegan would understand why they do it.

It's almost like our ancestors were hunter-gatherers for most of prehistory!

Presumably by changing the agricultural subsidies to make fresh fruit and vegetables and such cheaper, which would have the side effect of incentive's eating more of them (and vegans typically do), which downstream improves public health and reduces healthcare expenditures.

No, you're choosing a vegan diet. Unless you have a medical problem that necessitates a vegan diet.

>still thinking veganism is the best alternative that literally elevates you to the status of a demigod
I can't wait for cultured meat to be available in stores, vegans won't have anything to argue against anymore.

>which downstream improves public health and reduces healthcare expenditures.

What about the chronic deficiencies that arise with being a vegan and all the dietary pills and other medication used to treat said deficiencies?

This bitch has an account but rants about meat eaters.

Why can't you hysterical junk food fatties grasp the concept of balance?
Less meat ≠ Veganism

Just keel over from a heart attack already

Still waiting for a reply to this. (Not that user tho)

So if you eat eggs or drink milk you're fine? :^)

agriculture is literally the #1 polluting industry on the planet.

No, because the difference in the amount of damage done to the ecosystem is relatively small, as most farmed animals don't really effect the environment (with the exception of hormone and antibiotic use, which laws are getting tougher on). The government does not exist to give everyone who does slightly good things congratulations stickers and cash.

Eat vegetables as much as you want, eat meat as much as you want, I don't give a flying fuck, this is a free country. But don't you fucking dare try to get my tax dollars for doing it, you piece of shit leech.

>meat
>cheap
That's cute.

>Wew I almost had to admit I was wrong, but I called him smelly. Jackpot mom!

98% of oysters are farmed anyways so it doesn't make much of a difference, most vegans like myself don't care but some are super fringe and even care about the oysters. I live right off the gulf so I'm akin to eating oysters

bible mentions nothing about eating meat and clearly says God has given them an abundance of plants to eat

>I live right off the gulf so I'm akin to eating oysters
....what?

is this slave state grammar?

not really, it's normally much worse than that. please come to Louisiana if you think that's unintelligible. are you a self righteous Brit or have you never left the midwest?