Some USA products appeared in my local supermarket, and so I bought some of the most famous ones...

Some USA products appeared in my local supermarket, and so I bought some of the most famous ones, which were twinkies and pop tarts.
My question is, how do you americans prefer to eat this? In the package it says to heat for 3 seconds in the microwave or maximum heat on a toaster, but I think that putting it in the fridge would be nice (I did that with the twinkies and it's better, since you don't feel so much grease).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_chocolate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butyric_acid
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pop tarts are really only eaten by little kids, usually just at room temperature when their moms are too busy/lazy to cook them a real breakfast.

The version that actually requires heating up is called toaster strudel, but it isn't really much better.

Also, Twinkies are disgusting and nobody but children have eaten them since the 50's when long term packaging was a novelty.

Toaster till the edges bend inward
Glass of milk for dipping

Don't believe this user he hates fun.

Pop Tarts NEED to be toasted, otherwise they taste of complete despair. And at least you got smores, they're the best of that trash

Sounds nice.
Yeah, I tried 1 package of them in the microwave and they were good, but I expected them to be crunchy. I didn't put them on the toaster because I was afraid that the top would melt.

What the fuck do you think the "pop" is a reference to? They were designed in a lab and scientifically engineered with 100 different chemicals specifically so that they could be cooked in a toaster.

But the package says it can go in the microwave too.

The top won't melt

And every microwave dinner also includes instructions on how to spend 45 minutes cooking it in the oven.

Yeah, figured that out when I did it in the microwave. I guess it's hard sugar with some more shit that make it hard.
And your point is?

>and your point is

That thinking pop tarts, that are literally meant to "pop" out of the toaster, can't be toasted because there's also microwave directions is as stupid as thinking that microwave dinners can't be microwaved because they also include directions to cook them in the oven.

Depends on the parent and the kid.

But you can eat them without applying heat to them.

At 200 calories per pastry, I guess they're like MRE's for kids and manchildren.

I didn't say they can't be toasted. I said I was afraid that the top would melt. It looked like chocolate to me, so that's the reason.
And I say this because I live in England and I've seen these gross people just stuffing things in toasters, microwaves and ovens and not cleaning them for years. And then they get surprised when it gets broken.

>I didn't say they can't be toasted.
>I was afraid that the top would melt

How are these not mutually exclusive? If the top would met that would make it unable to be toasted.

Veeky Forums - Pop-Tart Heating Methods

It could get toasted while the top would melt. Like a toast with butter.

>Veeky Forums during bong hours

I usually put them in the toaster until the edges are browned.

Watch out, they get extremely hot.

American here, this shit is how you knew your parents loved you.

If your parents really loved you, they would cook you meals with lots of well prepared vegetables.

Lots of kids hating on veggies because their parents overcook them into mush.

The icing doesn't work this way.

My parents abused the fuck out of me but I got to eat toaster strudels, so I know they care

I came here to post the same thing.

>that pic

My parents never forced us to eat anything we didn't want to, but in return we were never picky cunts that HAD to be forced. I never understood my peers. They drenched their food in ketchup because it was sweet, they would consume an entire 5lb bag of lollipops in a single afternoon. This was the kind of behavior that made 8 year old me wonder what the fuck was wrong with them.

My parents were children of the Great Depression. So we ate when we were hungry. We ate what was offered or we did not eat. Kids today are spoiled rotten.

Instead of baking actual strudel that's not meant to be eaten on a daily basis?

Agreed. Twinkies are garbage. Pop tarts are also garbage but theres tons of fucking flavors so youre bound to find something edible. I get a box once or twice a year.

Heating poptarts is fucking useless though. Freezing them is better.

That's how I plan on raising my children. You don't want what I slaved over the stove making? Fine. Do your homework then go to bed. If they don't learn to eat to survive, that's their problem.

You have good values. Best wishes to you.

>how to cultivate resentment towards food

Hogwash. It improves appreciation for food.

I eat poptarts at room temp, have heard people eat them cold too.

Smores is a poor choice, should have gone with classic strawberry, or cinnamon brown sugar

It is basically candy though, so be aware of that

people who toast pop-tarts obviously have time to be eating something other than pop-tarts

Just want to point out that your statement means the exact same thing as "You can totally drink lava! You'll just die doing it."

I had them almost every class day during my first two years at university. Now I have 0 desire to have them ever again.
Didn't have a toaster at the time (dorms), so it was either "raw" or from the fridge.

I freeze pop-tarts overnight. They taste a lot better that way than they do toasted.

toasters are quick lad. don't know what you are on about.

>pop-tarts

what do you take me for, a fucking peasant?

The top will not melt, they're designed to be put in a toaster. They will be scolding hot once you take them out though.

Also poptarts have been around here forever, we've only ever had two flavours but they've been in shops since the mid nineties at least.

I toast poptarts until the frosting on top just barely starts to caramelize
Have the frosting side pointed towards the hot side of your toaster

When I was little I liked Toaster Strudels better than poptarts. But as I got older Poptarts grew on me. I just open the package and eat both of them at the same time.

Best toaster shit was Toaster Breaks.

Like the toaster strudel, except with mozzarella, sauce, and bits of pepperoni.

>local supermarket gets an America shelf
>buy a bar of Hershey's milk chocolate to see what murican chocolate is like
>4 euros for like a 100 g bar
>expect a shitty generic chocolate
>I'm sure it can't be that bad since it's chocolate
>mfw

What the fuck is wrong with you people? It literally tastes like that time I burped and accidentally threw up in my mouth. This is the only time I've ever had to actually throw away a bar of chocolate. Jesus Christ.

Bullshit. Adults eat this shit all the time.

Still gross as fuck though.

>Pop tarts are really only eaten by little kids, usually just at room temperature when their moms are too busy/lazy to cook them a real breakfast.

Are kids and busy parents so fucking lazy that they just can't pour cereal and milk in a bowl together?

>le hershey vomit maymay

So do butter and parmesan taste like vomit to you faggots?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_chocolate
>"Hershey process" milk chocolate is popular in the US. The process was invented by Milton S. Hershey, founder of The Hershey Company. The process uses fresh milk from local farms. The logistics of purchasing and delivering fresh milk is difficult since according to state regulations fresh milk cannot be held for more than 72 hours after receiving it. If not immediately processed into milk chocolate, the milk must be disposed. The process is a trade secret, but experts speculate that the milk is partially lipolyzed, producing butyric acid, and then the milk is pasteurized and stabilized. This process gives the product a particular taste, to which the US public has shown to have an affinity, to the point that other manufacturers now simply add butyric acid to their milk chocolates.[6]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butyric_acid
>Butyric acid is present in, and is the main distinctive smell of, human vomit.[8]

ive been in london for 3 days and the entire city smells like curry and fried fish. there are way more fat people here as well than where i live in colorado, lol. i know obesity was higher in the new generation of kids here than in ny and sf, but its gotta be true for boulder and probably boston and denver too.

england is fatter than anywhere ive been in the US

I fucking knew it.
at first I thought I had gotten a rancid piece because travelling all the way from the US and shit....