What's the weirdest thing you've ever ordered at an Asian restaurant?

What's the weirdest thing you've ever ordered at an Asian restaurant?

A bowl of squid eyes? Lady dragonroll?

Beef tendon soup. Admittedly not very weird.

Nothing, because I'm not a racist fool who thinks anything that isn't tendies and ranch is weird

The weirdest thing I've gotten at any restaurant was "veal cutlet" in Ohio, united states of america. It was geometrically perfect, and had a texture somewhere between a McDonald's hamburger and weiƟwurst. I did not enjoy it much, and I'm not sure what meat it actually was...

what the fuck is going on on the very left side of the image

I had beef tongue sashimi at a nice yakiniku restaurant, which I'd never seen before. I also ordered a frog stir-fry dish at a Thai place without thinking twice about the possibility of getting an entire frog that's been gutted and chopped up into little pieces.

I probably had much more uncommon stuff in Africa.

egg sushi
it's like, what's the point
i can make eggs and rice at home
i'm here for the raw fish part

You can make Tamagoyaki like a restaurant but struggle with slicing raw fish?

It's more of a texture thing with that I think

fried pig intenstines

Bell peppers, onions and beef on fried rice is literally the only option.
General tsos is fine too.

Then why order it

I once ordered a tendon at a japanese restaurant and instead of a delicious cow tendon they brought out all these weirdly yellow crisp battered vegetables and what looked like giant orange cockroaches battered in the same weird stuff served over plain rice.
I had to use an entire bottle of ketchup to get it down

Hot hamburger platter
This was in Saskatchewan

Fish sperm (soft roe technically)
Raw horse nigiri
A pot of sake with a whole roasted fish in it

I see what you did there. Tempura Don, Tendon.

Jellyfish salad. It didn't have much flavor, but the texture was nice.

Pork blood
Jellyfish salad
Fish maws
Fish tofu
Crab guts
Eel livers
Goose intestines
Duck tongues
Grass jelly

There's actually a lot of work out into the recipe for Tamago. Think about it this way. They mostly have to just cut and arrange raw fish. All the sushi chef has to COOK is the rice and the egg. If you talk to traditional sushi guys they won't tell you their egg and rice recipe. That shit is secret because it's all they have that set them apart from other chefs. You'd be surprised how complicated the recipes for the egg can be. I watched my grandpa and dad preparing tamago and i even saw them cutting up pear and apple to marinate with the vinegar. So the real way to tell the quality of a sushi chef is to taste his rice and to taste his tamago.

chicken nuggets and pizza

Okinawan snake stir fry and snake sake that my great grandma made. It was fucking terrible and has stuck in my memory for twenty years as one of the worst culinary experiences I've ever had

Went out drinking with some co-workers a week or two back and we landed in a hole-in-the-wall japanese place that got some good reviews. Menu was pretty interesting. Pork tongue, Beef tongue, Chicken tail, Chicken vein (whatever the hell that is), Chicken heart. They were all grilled up and served on skewers for about $2-$4 a pop. It was all pretty good eating, I'd like to get back there some day soon.

Yakitori chicken hearts are so goood.

I think it was salmon egg sushi. It was a piece of nori with a bunch of salmon eggs stacked in it . tasted like fish piss.

>racist fool

Back to /pol/ you go.

When I lived in China I ordered eels from a street vendor. He took live eels out of a bucket and tossed them into a wok alive. They started screaming and flopping around shooting oil over everything. When they finally died he added sauces and garlic and then served it. Their faces were frozen in a grotesque countenance I will never shake from my soul

nothing that odd to be honest. as much as i like trying new foods i've mostly stayed away from what east asian people eat as delicacies

maybe tofu skin?

Salmon roe is sold in strip mall sushi restaurants in the middle of bumfuck flyover land. It's about as exotic as avocado.

avo? cado?

a woman is leaning off the booth so she's not in the picture

Tofu skin is good.

I think I may have had rabbit offal in japan. I don't read Japanese so I just pointed to something on the menu that had a picture of a rabbit next to it. It came on skewers.

it taste like fish piss I dunno why they serve it. who wants to eat fish piss?

I'm glad people like you exist in a shithole like this.

I live in the the South of the US and that's all pretty common here.

I guess I'd have to go with chicken feet, duck blood soup, or squab (pigeon). But they all tasted delicious.

Try the spicy tuna hand roll.

Natto, I guess. It was pretty gross.

I have a company dissolve animal skin until all that is left is a collagen structure

They dry it out, and grind it down to powder

Then I dissolve that powder in boiling water, add sugar, food coloring and add some artificial fruit flavor

I then put in in the fridge and allow it to harden into a solid

I call it jello

> There is no such thing as a weird food, just weird for you

I tried goats head in an Afghan restaurant.
It wasn't very nice.

probably veal

I'm fairly certain a veal cutlet is made out of veal

Had lamb brain once.
It was delicious.

oh man. brain is one of those things I just cannot wrap myself around eating. it's just a step too far