Hello cu/ck/s, I am a Culinary Student and I was hoping a generous user cold help me pick out an excellent knife set

Hello cu/ck/s, I am a Culinary Student and I was hoping a generous user cold help me pick out an excellent knife set.

I would like it to have these things at least:

Chef's knife
Utility
Paring
Clip point
Sheep's foot
Tours
Slicer
Serrated slicer
Offset (deli)
Tomato (yes I want it for just this)
Boning
Filleting
Cleaver
Clan
Oyster
Devein
Scimitar
Butcher
Frozen Food saw

Please only recommend what can be bought for under 600 online or in San Francisco, if you live here. Don't recommend me some shit that can only be bought in Maine when I live in San Francisco

Thanks

Pic related, I already have a 10 inch Wusthof chefs knife

Other urls found in this thread:

stellaculinary.com/audio-podcasts/stella-culinary-school/scs-001-knife-skills
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is this a bait thread

How about don't buy a knife set and just buy individual quality knives? You seriously only need a chefs knife, filet knife, and a paring knife, if you keep them sharp they'll serve every purpose.

No. My school provided me with shit tier Dexter knives and I want better knives

Then see

Negative. My instructor wants me to have every knife listed. All this Dexter shit is just fucking terrible. Besides, I can use some good knives at home/work

>Tomato (yes I want it for just this)

kek m8, you almost had convincing bait....but you crossed the line into obvious bait territory with this one

What ever floats your boat.

then i would buy the cheapest knife set you can to get through school and really invest in for the real world

I need good knives for home AND work too. I'll take them with me everyday

What shit-tier school is this?

yeah you'll need an oyster knife a cleaver a scimitar and a bone saw everyday

I've always wondered if a chef even needs that many knives, or if it's just a marketing scheme meant to get people to buy more shit they don't need.

With enough skill, you really only need about 3-5 knives to do everything... right?

you only need 4 knives. a chefs knife, a medium sized chefs knife(i don't know the english terminology), a serrated knife and a small one.

Anything more than that is an overkill and it makes you look like an amateur, which you clearly are lol.

I'm very happy with my wusthof. Do you feel you need another chef's knife in addition to that? 10' does sound really big

Why are you going to school for something that has no depth?

stellaculinary.com/audio-podcasts/stella-culinary-school/scs-001-knife-skills

You can get knife kits online I think, but I'd seriously recommend getting individual knives.
My school set us up with our knife kit, a victorianox set, which I guess isn't bad for beginners, but it wasn't the greatest.

That didn't have anywhere near everything on your list and it was over $600 Canadian, so you're probably going to have to be realistic. Maybe it's enough, who knows, I can't remember the exchange rate, but you'll probably want to raise your budget.

A boning and fillet knife are pretty useful/necessary to have as well.

If you're doing your own butchery in his school that is.
Even then, it's good to have to use at home.

You're already wasting money on a culinary school, don't waste more money on knives you don't need. Use the set from the school, then if you find a particular specialized knife you actually use alot, then buy a good variety of that.

>you crossed the line into obvious bait territory with this one

There's a bunch of other problems with the list too. Some of them aren't even cooking knives (clip point, sheep's foot). Others are redundant--Serrated slicer & offset, clam & oyster, Scimitar & butcher.

This is absurd, you'll only ever use the 3 knives pionted out.
Buy the cheapest, use the speeciaal knieve when your instructor wants you to, buy a quality chef's and filet-knife from wusthoff or sabatier or any master-race knivemakers.

you don't have to have the gold-inlaid nalwood +3 to all stats chefs knife, only if you want it to get stolen from you by the dishwashers or cleaning crew, these people are to be kept out of your knife pouch, don't lend them anything that is your own property EVER!

Mandatory:
8 Inch Chef's Knife
4 Inch Paring Knife
High Quality Fillet Knife

Acceptable to Have:
9-12 inch meat carving knife
Serrated Bread Knife
One of those gay little tomato slicers

Go to any knife shop at a mall, they'll carry all those and the scimitar

Kill yourself my man. The shitty craftsman blames his tools.

>The shitty craftsman blames his tools.

Yep. Because a shitty craftsman does not maintain his tools properly, or attempts to use the wrong tool for the job.