Sup ck. How do i motivate not only myself but my girlfriend to eat better and make healthy choices...

Sup ck. How do i motivate not only myself but my girlfriend to eat better and make healthy choices? Keep in mind that we're both 21 years old and 5'5 to 6 feet tall and both pushing a little past 250. Last night she came in with a bowl of ice cream and claimed it to be "one scoop". Well what a scoop that was.

I tried to subtly let her know that it bothered me and that it wasnt the best thing for her to snack on at this hour. But her being a female, she retaliated with "what are you trying to say or imply"

>shitfuck.jpg

Again I tried to subtly let her know that eating ice cream that late will do her no favors but she was combative and tried to play me down or take me for a fool like I didn't know what I was talking about. I have 3 siblings who are Health nuts and I know how this works. But i digress.

Any tips?

Tell her that she's supposed to wait till after she gets married before getting fat. Worked for me.

Lol we've been together for 3 years. More than enough time to get comfortable and "fat" around me.

She clearly doesn't give a fuck or is delusional. You're shit out of luck.

Get fit, leave her, observe facebook meltdown.

The point is that she's going to want to get married eventually if she's anything like 99% of girls out there.

>I have three siblings who are health nuts
so then you get your info from fanatics who honestly have no clue what's healthy and what's not, they just know what's trendy at the moment

just cut your portions back a little and introduce more veggies to your diet. there's no need to give up good food in exchange for soylent

She just flat out doesnt give a fuck.

She hasn't had a male figure at the head of the house for some time so there wasnt any real regulating or anything. She's a loose cannon.

But i have thought about that. Im sick of making what our next meal will be an argument.

I was in a hurry when i typed this out.

>one health nut plus two vegetarians (one of which works out and i would love to join)

vegetarians aren't much better than health nuts, they both tend to go a bit overboard. just a few minor adjustments/improvements to your diet can make a big difference unless you're looking for instant results, in which case have fun yoyoing

What's yoyoing. If its anything what it sounds like, you mean going back and forth?

Also bump.

Would like to keep this thread going b4 i go to work.

yeah, it's a cycle of dropping weight then gaining it back because you choose diets or other methods of weight loss that just aren't sustainable over long periods. I suppose there's nothing wrong with it if you're ok with it

Something a bit unrelated occurred to me. Is it me or are 90% of all 'body-positive' and other fat apologists women? Seems like fat men at least realize being overweight is not a good thing

Keep calling g her fatty and talking have at her weight, either buy her clothes that don't fit or clothes that are too big and tell her she will grow into them or something

Agreed

Your best bet is to switch out small things.

- go with kosher salt instead of regular salt
- drink more water. Sparkling water is a good alternative to kick soda habit.
- get an exercise tracker that monitors your heart rate. Been an avid FitBit user for years.
- go get a physical checkup. Most insurance allows one free checkup a year. It'll be bad news, but you'll have a baseline to go off of to get motivated. Bad cholesterol, high blood pressure, that shit should scare you.
- take a walk. Even if it's 30 minutes, that's 30 minutes more of exercise you'll have in your day.
- turn off the TV. I like TV, but try and find reasons to read or pull weeds in my yard.
- get a decent bike and by a bike trainer. Hook your bike into it and ride the bike in your home while watching TV.
- cut back on animal protein. If you look at the bigger picture of how we evolved, we didn't come into this world eating three meals of animal products a day.
- switch your plant to animal protein ration. Instead of a big giant steak and small side salad, switch the portions for each.
- eat more fibrous foods like plants and grains. Avoid white flour at all costs.

Overall, humans weren't designed to do the activities and eat the way we are today. Modern food production has made it easier for our natural abilities as hunter gatherers to be lazy. Imagine if you had to source and prepare every item in your fridge. You'd eat less of it if you knew you had to make bread for your sandwich, hunt and prepare the meat for it, milk the cow and age the cheese to put on top of it.

Just think how we would have eaten and prepared our food 150 years ago.

I feel like this post ties in with leaving her. If i cant motivate her w facts then the fear of leaving her bc of her weight becomes real. And that seems to make her NOT want to exercise or make healthy choices.

Her reasoning, at that, must be something like "i have him now, ive always been like this, he loves me for who i am, blah blah blah".

Which is true. I do love her and care and want to see her prosper, but not at the expense of being couch potatos whose only similarity in food is chicken fucking nuggets.

then i don't think you've gotten to know alot of girls. dudes are ok with being fat, girls are fucking evil to fat people

If you threaten to leave her she will cheat on you .
A good alternative is to keep talking about that great new coworker Sarah you got and how funny she is. Make sure to mention that she goes running on weekends and keeps asking you to join or something

This. So much this.

I can check off like two things here.

>bike and pulling weeds

I kind of do all the handywork around the house and it keeps me occupied and moving.

Girls always care about their looks, whereas if a guy gets fat he'll usually just say fuck it, I probably wouldn't be getting laid anyways.

I always find it disgusting when fat girls obsess over their hair and makeup and shit. If you want to be attractive you need to take care of your body first; nobody gives a shit if you put a rose on a steaming pile of shit, and if you say it's to make you feel sexy you are just deluding yourself.

I meant women who are fat and men who are fat.

Also guys (that are not fat) are not particularly nice to whales.

I have threatend her once but she's never cheated.

There is this girl at my work who talks about renewing her gym membership, this and that, and getting in shape. Why cant my girlfriend be in that mindset?

Not to sound like a dick but my gf doesnt have much going on rn. She works for the school district and is off for the summer. But even then she doesn't go into work till about 2 in the afternoon and thats plenty of time to get a workout routine in her day, everyday.

But instead, she watches youtube make up vids until the last second she has to get ready for work. Literally, all day everyday.

My bro is 6'4" and pushing 330. His wife is not far behind. It is a matter of portion size with those two. When I go to visit them the portions they serve themselves are 1 1/2 times to twice the size of what I eat. Unsurprisingly he weighs just over one and a half times what I do.

But here's the real issue. The more overweight family and friends you have the more likely you will be overweight. Because you're around people who eat too much, snack and make poor choices about food, so that shit seems normal to you. The very idea that just having one scoop of ice cream is being "good" is absurd. Ice cream is a treat, not a day to day thing. Having it on any kind of regular basis is fat people thinking.

I work in a recording studio, so I see the difference between the two mentalities all the time. Skinny clients arrive, and get to work. After hours of work they may order some delivery and take a short break to eat before getting back to work. Fat clients arrive to the studio with bags of snacks, offering everyone chips, soda, beer or even fucking cake. Within an hour of starting work they're looking through the menu book and placing a food order. When the food gets there we're on break until every last scrap of it is consumed.

You got to stop eating like a fat person, and your gf may be no help whatsoever, because she's reinforcing that kind of eating to you, just like my bro has done to his wife.

Maybe try losing some weight yourself? Unless you have a good deal of muscle on you, there's no way you don't have at least a bit of a gut.

Lose some weight, tone up, and hopefully she'll get her shit straight, if not, well... That's for you to decide.

I agree. Focus on yourself. You'll get healthier and either she'll follow or you'll drift apart. Make your own destiny.

1. abstain from fat. This is important because by not eating fat you can feel full eating food
2. Don't snack
3. eat only 2 meals a day
4. learn to cook food. I suggest veggie bean chili and whole wheat bread. it's my main meal and keeps my weight stable.

and walk every day for exercise. Walking is all you need to do.

Sleep tight milk.

Lead by example. Serve yourself reasonable portions.

op you should buy:
- food scale ($15 on amazon)
- meal planner food containers ($15 on amazon)

the idea is that YOU should get really good at tracking calories, so you can tell your girlfriend exactly how many calories she's eating when she pigs out. "Baby that's like 900 calories of ice cream" is more concrete of a concept for her to understand than you just saying general statements about food. So what you should do is cook big dishes (I just made a chili), track every calorie that went into it by weighing out your ingredients, then divide it into your food containers and do the math to see how many calories each container is. I simply use my notes app on my phone to write down the calories of the things I've eaten that day, it makes it easy to track everything and you slowly start learning how much of something you can eat to hit a certain desired calorie intake.

so by being able to call her out accurately on how much she's eating, you make things more real to her and hopefully she sees her error. if she doesn't, break up with her because she's already been indoctrinated into fatlogic

>more for me ;=]

OP here. You've all been very helpful giving me your insight on the situation.

scooped her up and licked her like the bucket of ice cream that she is eh? well as long as the hershey chocolate keeps coming don't let up keep eating bro :0)

Wat

Especially mine though right op? Because mine is the one you should follow. guns are made in the gym but abs are made in the kitchen. if you don't monitor your diet closely you will fail

Yes, especially yours. I was in a weight loss/training program this time last year and it was great. We had to do pretty much what you're telling me now. Count calories, limit certain foods or cut them out entirely. In the 6 weeks the program went on for i lost like 10lbs in the first two weeks. Which doesnt seem like much but to me it was a landmark moment. Thats when i knew i could do it. Its just super fucking easy to fall back into a shitty, depressing mindset and eat even worse, ya'feel?

I feel. You'll do fine, you can have days where you fuck up and eat too much but keep it to like 1/20 days

>5'5
>250lbs

Throw a harpoon at her

I can throw muh dick at her. Tbh chubby sex is the best sex imo. Never been with a slim woman before tho, wonder what thats like.

get fit and she'll do the same

>i'm totally into chubby sex, it's the best
>btw, i've never been able to land anything other than fat girls

>5'5
>250lbs
>chubby

That's fat as fuck you pathetic beta