What would it take for you to go vegan?

What would it take for you to go vegan?
And I mean what's the least it would take, not I would go vegan for a million dollars
If someone came up to me and offered to cover all my food expenses as lo g as I remain vegan I would be vegan for a couple of months

once I stop getting diarrhea if I eat beans on more than one meal a day I might consider it

If someone covered all food expenses i would do it but i doubt i would last for a couple months. Maybe a week

A concrete study thats shows that having a balanced diet and exercise is bad for your health.

seeing news articles about how meat processing is getting unsustainable so soon western countries will have to get used to insects as part of their diet.

it is THEN that i will go vegan.

Insects are pretty tasty.

i just can't do it, user

for meat to be vegan

Good pussy did it for me for a couple years until we broke up

>What would it take for you to go vegan?

Proof that it's a sustainable lifestyle without multivitamins, proof that animal protein isn't vital for human development.

There are a ton of PETA celebrities billed as "the world's tallest vegan" or "the world's strongest vegan," but they all became vegans AFTER finishing puberty.

Joaquin Phoenix is 5'8" and became a vegan at the age of 3. His brother River Phoenix is 5'10" and became a vegan at the age of 8.

The aforementioned "world's tallest vegan" is from the Czech Republic, a country with one of the highest rates of red meat consumption in the world, and only became vegan late in his life.

Show me multiple examples of children raised on vegan diets and growing to the heights of Scandinavians, Dinarics, and African Pastoralists, and I'll concede that animal protein isn't a necessary part of the human diet.

user, are you not over puberty yet?

I'm fairly well off already, so grocery costs are trivial for me. Offering to cover my food costs wouldn't do it for me at all. I love meat, it'd have to be something very significant in terms of a quality of life improvement for me.

Something in the neighborhood of an offer of multiple millions of dollars son that I'd be able to travel more or something. Completely serious here, it would take something that significant too get me to give up animal products. Hell even just going vegetarian is gonna be a no-go without serious compensation.

The Dutch are the tallest people in the world on average, and guess what their diet is famous for? Tons of dairy and beef.

A couple hundred years ago, when the Dutch were less about agriculture and more about mercantilism, they were famous for being amongst the shortest Europeans in the world.

Makes you think.

Fairly priced and readily available lab raised meat. Hard evidence that a vegan diet is objectively healthier and will prolong my lifespan. OP's pic looks fucking delicious.

>What would it take for you to go vegan?

All animal food products taken off the market and the sale and consumption of them made illegal punishable by hefty fines and/or jail time.

you can get like insect flour and use it in baking breads and flatbreads

then you don't have to actually see the bugs

>"hurr durr vegans r t3h g4y"
>go to vegan meetup, no gays
>go to gay bar, no vegan food

Meat not being delicious.

Would never go vegan.

Hunting is deep within human culture, both spiritually and as a necessity for survival.
Just pay your respects to whatever animal you dispatch and enjoy living another day.

For me it was simple. The doctor put me on cholesterol medicine, and I didn't want to take it. So I started exercising, eaing better and lost 40lbs. She still kept me on a low dose. So I tried going vegan for a couple months and stopped taking the pills. Lost another few pounds, had my blood work done and my cholesterol was fine. Stopped gooing to the doctor and have stuck with a mostly vegan diet since.

I'm not dogmatic about it. I still eat meat, cheese and seafood, but like once or twice a week or so. Keeps my middle aged ass trim, which it most definitely was not eight years ago when the doctor put me on cholesterol medicine.

If nutrient supplements became incredibly cheap (say, $1/bottle or less) I would consider it. I'd want meat and dairy substitutes to consistently taste good, be readily available in my area, and not cost me an arm and a leg to purchase too. Like I tried some Yves hot dogs recently and goddamn did they taste bad. If I'm remembering right those Morningstar Farms ones tasted damn good, haven't had them in over a decade though. Too bad they don't sell them around here.

You want the supplements to cost less than a dollar per BOTTLE? that's nuts. Imho they are already very cheap--just a few bucks for hundreds.

>And I mean what's the least it would take, not I would go vegan for a million dollars
That pretty much IS the least it would take, familia.

OP wanted to know what would make us switch. I understand that they're already fairly cheap, but cheaper is always better. I'm sure they cost next to nothing to produce anyway.

I'd never be vegan.
I would consider going ovo-lacto vegetarian (I don't eat a lot of dairy, but I'd want some occasionally, but I can't give up eggs), but I'd never, ever, EVER consider going vegan. Veganism is more of a mental illness than a life diet.

B12 is dirt cheap. What I've ballparked to be optimal dosage for homocysteine minimization (much more than needed to prevent neurological deficiency) costs me $4/year. That's the only supplement I take *on account of being vegan*.

I would go vegan for $1,000,000. If there's any stipulations though, I worm my way out of the agreement an repayment as soon as I could manage

I would need to get to fuck any one I want because I am not worried about sustaining shit.

I would go vegan if someone cooked me my vegan meals. I'd even pay for the ingredients because vegetables are dirt cheap and I could use the extra money I save from not buying meat.

That and your shit hardly stinking were two unexpected benefits when I went vegan.

Many people take multivitamins, many people are not vegan. Stupid argument, the only thing you would need to supplement is B12 which a lot of livestock themselves are supplemented with

>proof that animal protein isn't vital for human development

It isn't. There's nothing that proves this to begin with

>ton of PETA celebreties billed as world's tallest vegan

Never heard of anything like that, height is almost entirely genetic anyways barring an incredibly malnourished diet

I don' care about the shit smell, I rather like the way my shit stinks. The money though... if only I knew a few exceptionally good vegan recipes, I probably would go vegan.

Would you go vegan to feel this man's masculine vagina?

>There's nothing that proves this to begin with

Except that there is not a single vegan civilization in all of history, only ovo-lacto vegetarian.

Even the Dalai Lama eats meat "every other day" in his own words. Tibetan Buddhists aren't allowed to kill animals, but they all buy meat from muslims because vegetables don't grow up there.

I feel like some of these answers aren't really answering the question. How about this...

The least it would take is the opportunity to work alongside some cooks whose food I like. I'd want to know at least two dozen different recipes by heart.

There's this guy in my city who makes the most bangin' baba ghanoush. Mine just isn't the same. If it tasted like his, I could see myself eating that several times a week if not every single day.

I've tried a lot of Morningstar products, and I just can't stomach them. But I fucking love falafel, hummus, lentils, baba ghanoush, vegetable curry, etc.

The problem is most of the really good, cheap vegan recipes tend to be time/labor intensive. My diet is delicious and cheap as fuck, but I spend a lot of time cooking.

I spend a lot of time cooking as is so I'm not sure that would bother me. Maybe I should look up recipes and learn a few. I can't stop eating meat until I know a few awesome vegan recipes by heart.

You got a few links to great recipes?

If I had no job and someone gave me a subsidy of, say, $100 a week, I'd do it for a six month commitment

If I had to fit it in with my existing job, I'd still try it but bump it to $300 a week, since I'd be eating out a lot

>for a couple of months

Seriously? If someone offered to pay for all my food I would be vegan forever.

The only thing that would make me go vegan would be a lack of availability of meat protein.

If there was a law passed against eating meat proteins, however, I'd kill and eat the people that supported that law, rather than submit to vegan faggotry.

I like you.

Concoct a meat substitute that has a taste and texture as good as a decent piece of meat. Make sure its easy for me to get at any store. Sell it for at least 25% less than an equivalent amount of meat.

I've tasted "Beyond Meat" imitation chicken strips. They really do hit the spot in the same way a piece of chicken does, and I appreciate how much less resource-intensive they are compared to real meat, but they're not going to be a regular part of my diet when the only store in town that carries them charges 8 fucking dollars for a 12 oz package when I can get a pound of chicken for 4. You can't crow about how your peas and soybeans require a smaller investment of water, energy, land, and whatnot and then expect me to pay MORE than the food you're trying to replace just to feel good about how green I am.

>how much less resource-intensive they are compared to real meat,

Proof, or GTFO. Manufacturing imitation food products takes up tons of resources.

That's pretty edgy, user.

that guy's pretty cool.

Not as edgy as being a vegan to "save the animals/environment"...

There are other reasons to be vegan.

If tofu tasted good without being deep fried

if I had a nice ladyfriend that'd cook veggie meals that i genuinely found delicious (i'd help if she'd teach me) i'd be more than happy to switch

as is, throwing eggs meat and spices into a pan is pretty easy for a bachelor down on his luck

i think veganism is correct from a moral perspective and expect the first world to be vegan within the next millenia

Now THAT'S edgy...

>i think veganism is correct from a moral perspective

Right.

Because raising and eating animals for food is somehow less noble than destroying their environment to build shopping malls, roads, factories, houses, and vegetable gardens...

>man concerned with his own personal health
>edgy

How does a vegetable garden destroy the environment?

He's saying we have bigger problems than meat consumption. Veganism is like celebrities caring about access to clean water in Africa. It's feel-good, armchair philanthropy that only white Americans care about, and doesn't actually make the world a better place for anything but the shortest of short terms.

Access to some kind of insight that will save the world from a peril such as climate change, xenophobia, nationalism, dwindling power resources etc.

Are you saying clean water is not a problem in Africa?

What are these bigger problems, anyway? How does the average person contribute to solving them?

>veganism is vegetarianism
>only white people have ethics

Animal products would have to be unavailable or prohibitively expensive, like if we were doing some sort of space travel or I lived on a small island. Seeing as I don't live on a small island, space travel tech would probably include some sort of synthesized meat stuff, so I'll probably never go vegan unless meat gets hella pricy.

Gee, I don't know....maybe it's the pesticides used to kill the insects, which in turn poisons / eliminates the critters that eat the insects, which in turn kills / poisons the critters that eat the critters that eat the insects.

Or maybe it's the destruction of the environment used to create the garden, which often times requires the clearing of forest / jungle to create the space needed to plow and sow the fields for vegetables and grains.

It might also have something to do with the repeated application of fertilizer, and the issues that creates in the run-off water that pollutes our rivers and streams.

There's no free lunch, vegan, and agriculture for vegan fags kills the shit out of animals the same as ranching and raising animals for food. The only difference is that when animals die due to loss of habitat, they're gone forever, unlike the animals that are cared for and raised for food proteins.

Pic related: surely no animals were harmed in the creation of that field for agriculture.....

That doesn't really address the guy's question though. It takes about 10x as much land to raise meat than it does to grow plants for people to eat. There are plenty of valid arguments for animal protein, but you're not going to win on the land use issue.

For vegetables to not cost more than meat. Thanks, Obama.

I remember when that user posted tons of articles on vegan kids and how it fucks up their teeth and makes them look malnourished. I don't care about adult vegans but it certainly turned my eye to why extreme diets arent good for developing babes.

plus you know, all those dead actual babies from vegan parents due to malnutrition

As other anons have said, they'd have to pay for it all and cook it for me. It would have to be delicious to my vege hating palate because Im a child.

DESU I'd probably deep fry everything and still be a massive fat ass, vegan or not.

but it all wages on whether or not theres a good vegan mayo. plz respond

I'd have to make an exception for fish because fishing is my outdoor hobby

Maybe just go vegan because of factory farm ethics or something idk

>eliminates the critters that eat the insects, which in turn kills / poisons the critters that eat the critters that eat the insects
They will straight up kill the critters too, dont worry about second hand poison. Herbivores still exist. Birds are the number one hated pest in garden because they eat the seed, hunters are often employed to kill birds in fields so they dont return (new ones always do eventually)

>fertilizer
They all have animal products in them kek. You can make your own vegan fert from compost with no animal products in it but its not nearly as good as all the sweet sweet animal parts. Plants love meat too.

As someone who has worked in both Plant based industries and Meat ones (Currently work in a meat factory) I get so fucking butt mad at how thick vegans are when they say they want a vegan world. They've never actually though about it seriously and the massive, massive issues that it would cause. It would destroy countries and kill millions of people. It's completely infeasible.

And look I have no problem with people being vegan, I really dont, just dont act like we're all the devil for eating meat and the world would be a utopia if we all converted.

A million dollars

>It takes about 10x as much land to raise meat than it does to grow plants for people to eat.

A cow and calf need about 1.5 to 2 acres of forage for a year, and a side of beef can feed a family for about a year.

Meanwhile, according to estimates I've read, it takes anywhere from 1/4 acre to 2 acres to grow enough shit to feed a family of 4 for a year.

That seems pretty comparable, and while I love my veggies with my protein, you can survive off of cows blood and milk alone, like the Masai, while it takes a variety of veggies to keep you healthy.

Gays love a nice tubesteak in their mouth

>while it takes a variety of veggies to keep you healthy.

Not healthy cuz B12/D/iron etc. Vegans need fortified foods and drugs to survive.

The only reason meat eaters don't is that the farmers are giving those pills to the animals

Vegans are just cutting out the middleman

Nope. Livestock grazing on grass doesn't have B12 deficiency. Also, inb4 Cobalt B12. It's used to treat cobalt deficiency in cattle, and B12 injections are only given to severely deficient animals with poor nutrition, the same injections are given to vegans because they also have poor nutrition. Ask any doctor.

Let's be real here, most meat eaters, at least in the US, are not eating grass fed beef. The kind of people who militantly argue against cutting back on meat consumption are eating cutter-grade mystery meat from animals that drank a steady diet of antibiotics to go with their troughs of corn and soy

So go vegan so you have take the complexes that the cows take instead? lmao

Minus the antibiotics, I guess? If I couldn't afford good meat, I'd definitely go vegetarian before eating the crap most people eat.

>Let's be real here, most meat eaters, at least in the US, are not eating grass fed beef.
You can literally read on wikipedia that Canada and USA are the only countries that predominantly raise their cattle on corn.

op here, when i made this thread i wasnt expecting this amount of autism. Shame its too late to delete it

Go on..

>someone covers your food expenses
>food also happens to be the absolute cheapest shit available

fuck that
I would go vegan if there was no meat left anywhere in the world other than resorting to cannibalism

The USA is the largest beef producer in the world

You didn't know about the hamplanets who spend 60+ hours a week lurking Veeky Forums waiting for an excuse to post the one about the vegan breast feeding?

Sup at least we're not the south guy. Can we see a screenshot of your special Veeky Forums drive where you keep all these crapflood folders? I want to see how it's organized and labeled.

I heard the more beans you eat the more tolerance you build, it's because it takes time for your body to produce the right enzyme or something