So tell me cu/ck/s, how many onions do you put in the sauce?

So tell me cu/ck/s, how many onions do you put in the sauce?

>also general pasta & sauce thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the process of making one right now, actually. Fried up two sausages, took them out, fried the onions and red pepper flakes in the grease while cutting up the sausages, added the garlic and then the sausages (cut up) back in, then canned tomatoes and a tiny bit of balsamic at the end.

Too late to change anything now, but how did I do lads?

Sounds tasty af
Any pics?

Also pls specify the amount of onions you used

8 extra large spanish onions

as many as i feel like

too many

I put at least half a big onion on anything I cook

All the onions

Just three small onions.

Herb that shit up bro

fyi garlic can be liquefied in oil if you do it correctly

Anything can be liquefied if you do it correctly.
This is why your gay meme fails on every level.

Ill liquefy you in oil

In my part of Italy, there is a sauce made of six kg of onion cooked down to about 1,5 litres (which is 1,5kg, too) of sauce. It's delicious.

>1,5 litres (which is 1,5kg, too)
but that would be water, not sauce

3 big onions for a 10 servings batch.

At least one giant onion, otherwise two normal size onions. I don't exactly understand the "too many onions" thing.

The iceberg in the library bounced today.
See? I can make no sense, too.

are you nuts? 1 liter of water is 1 kilogram, 1 liter of sauce is more than 1 kg.

For most non-scientific uses, for most water-based liquids, 1kg = 1l = 1000 cubic cm is perfectly cromulent.

drain the grease. use stock or wine to deglaze the goodness of the pan. Fuck are ya doing?

EZ and Best sauce
Get tomatoes, cut in half.
Crush a metric shit ton of garlic
Throw the garlic in the pan with some olive oil
salt Y pepper. Then place the tomatoes
bake on low heat for at least half hour.
Peel skins. mush tomatoes.
Pour some chicken stock stir.
Can add paste to thickn

Go weigh a litre of sauce, milk, cream, juice, tea, coffee, blood, puréed carrots or any other edible liquid you'd like to weigh.
I'll wait. :-)

not with my thick bolognese

Even then, it's largely water; unless you're thickening it with concrete you can't make it dense enough to make any appreciable difference in general terms.

is 10% enough?

1l - 1.1kg? Not really. Unless you're making 10l at a time, then yeah I guess so.

Paper cannot be liquefied.

do you guys think white onions or sweet onions are better for sauce, or is it just preference? i had been cooking with white onions but recently had some sweet onions and i like them a lot better

>Paper (and cotton, they are both made of cellulose) can be dissolved in some ionic liquids such as [C4mim]Cl up to 25% weight upon heating (see Swatlowsky et al, Dissolution of Cellose with Ionic Liquids, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2002, 124 (18), pp 4974–4975, DOI: 10.1021/ja025790m)

can onions be liquefied?

There's no edible liquid that will vary that much between its mass and volume. None.
Cream, for fuck's sake, weighs 1,03kg per litre compared to water's 1:1. 30g of difference per litre is not gonna make a fig of difference to a home cook cooking sauce at home.
If you wanna be a pedantic, friendless twat about it, had user said
>1,5 litres (which weighs approximately 1,5 kg but is actually closer to 1,545 kg)
would it have calmed your 'sperg spasms?

Yes but you have to slice them really thin

>everyone uses onions in everything
>cheap garbage filler for people with no skills
>my food is the best

i fry a whole large onion in some oil then toss the onions and use the only the oil

well that's where the flavor is

>He doesn't like onions

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU

i make this tomato sauce desu

>"filler"
>enhances, not masks, the flavor of whatever food its put into

Yeah, no. Shitpost harder next time, that was pathetic.

Oh, so you buy yours from the store?

How do I activate my onions?