What are you making tonight, Veeky Forums?

What are you making tonight, Veeky Forums?

Just started. Don't really know what I'm doing but I have to use all my leftovers or lose them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jMj8lNdFqV8
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015181-marcella-hazans-bolognese-sauce
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im about to make a creamy soup that i can eat at work for the next week. ive amde it before but i want to add more ingredients that might fuck it up.

should i throw beans in a creamy chicken soup?

>starts a thread with a picture of bowl of wet red liquid
>don't really know what I'm doing

You can say that again.

You're going to be really disappointed when my red wet liquid reduces enough to become a delicious less wet brown liquid.

Any have a goto recipe for Chinese curry?
Gonna shop tomorrow and make the sauce and freeze it then microwave it when needed adding whatever protein there is to hand.
Have a hectic work schedule so trying to trying to make bulk that I can divide and note the nutritional value. Should be cheaper than the 90p chicken curry and rice from the freezer shops.

I just finished making and eating Japanese Golden Curry. It's just like in my Japanese Animes except instead of a cute tsundere 2D girl wearing only her underwear cooking it was just me, an ugly 3DPD man wearing only his underwear.

Tasty as fuck though, holy shit, I had no idea you could pack so much flavor into a box. I need to get my hands on a shipping crate of whatever their hottest variant is.

Nice braise you got going on the " there

Golden is the worst Japanese curry. Try the Java or Vermont curry. They are way better.

Now that my kitchen has been opened I'm going to have to order all of them and try them. Golden Curry is the only thing they actually sell in the asian markets around here though.

Pureee that shit and then toss with pasta

I'm about to grill up some chicken and steak kabobs with peppers and onions. I've got some roasted red potatoes on the side as well

>I don't know what I'm doing but I'm making soup with leftovers that include tomato
thats basically minestrone.

Cupboard soup. I just got back from Europe so I have nothing.

Potato & Tomato soup with italian seasoning sounded okay to me. Potatoes are going bad soon and tomatoes are canned.

>minestrone
There was an italian restaurait in LA many years ago that made the most amazing minestrone .
I might have to try and recreate it.
Small white beans were the key.

Looks pretty good actually

Waiting for my beef Bolognese to simmer

>tfw 4 hours to go.

Never made this before. Should I be skimming off fat? If so, how? Used extra lean beef.

Made homemade cheesy garlic breadsticks. Tasty, though the cheese browned too much for my liking.

please tell me you're not boiling some watery ass pico

I had microwave burritos and an oven corn dog.

nice 'go 'za

Why are you cooking it for four fucking hours?

No offense Vermont is disgustingly sweet

Golden is OK, the hottest Golden isnt hot at all tho

Dude i hope there's bones in there and you're making some kind of bolognese bone broth because otherwise there's no reason to cook for that long

So the flavor develops? And to thicken/reduce it? I reduced it after adding milk then again after adding wine. Then I added tomatoes and water and left at a simmer. Still looks watery af. Going to give it another half hour until I add some cornstarch.

After four hours is there is going to be nothing left. Why are you adding cornstarch to bolognese sauce? You're literally doing everything wrong

Then how the fuck do I thicken it? It looks pretty terrible right now. Really watery and oily. Halp

You've obviously added far too much liquid to it. If I were you I'd scrap it and do it over again, correctly this time

Here is the recipe I used roughly.

Saute celery, carrots, onion in butter and oil
Brown beef, add spices
Add 1.25 cups milk and reduce
Add 2 cups wine and reduce
Add 1 28oz whole tomatoes with liquid
Add 2 cups water
bring to a simmer for a few hours

That's basically it, where did I go wrong?

>Saute celery, carrots, onion in butter and oil
Correct
>Brown beef, add spices
Brown beef in a separate pan. Add it to the pot once cooked. This way you don't get pools of fat/grease in your bolognese
>Add 1.25 cups milk and reduce
The fuck? Never add milk to bolognese
>Add 2 cups wine and reduce
Correct
>Add 1 28oz whole tomatoes with liquid
Correct, but I'd blitz the tomatoes first unless you want a lumpy sauce
>Add 2 cups water
Not necessary. Water should only ever be added if you weren't paying attention and need to save it from burning. It should not be a standard part of the recipe

Thanks, will do next time.

>thinking you know shit about a recipe half-way through the cooking process that you've never seen before and don't understand

youtube.com/watch?v=jMj8lNdFqV8

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015181-marcella-hazans-bolognese-sauce

You did nothing wrong besides overly trusting someone from Veeky Forums. That waiting period when slow cooking is when you think about every possible thing that could go wrong with your dish. Your mind ambiently thinks back to that time when you were 8 and you tried to bake cookies and your class hated it and you cried.

Your original question should have been answered like this:

skim most of it to be safe the first time. you don't want mouthfuls of oil, but remember a lot of flavor is in that oil. So in the long run, skim to your taste.

skim with a spoon or ladle, dipping it just into the fat and discarding it into something you can throw away like a cup or something

im probably gonna go eat some canned ravioli

Had green Thai curry, now im making granola bars for a beach day/hike im going on with some friends on Wednesday.

>yes, you should cook a bolognese sauce for over 4 hours
>if you disagree then you don't know SHIT
Stop trying to tell him he's doing fine. He isn't

That steak looks like venison or something

Well, I made gazpacho yesterday for today, so I'll be having that, plus I'm going to make some falafel as well.
It's too hot here to cook anything that takes too much time on the stove or oven, I don't want to heat up the kitchen. I also made some 5 bean salad for tomorrow. I plan on eating A LOT of salads and cold soups this summer, because I can't stand cooking in the heat. The heat actually makes me lose my appetite quite a bit.

what did you use for the glaze?

Sexy

Fuck you, thats all. Dont add water. Only use tomato sauce and tomato paste to thicken. You are a cunt.

You fucked up 4 real

You dont use a fucking mirepoix for bolognese.

just having a hotdog with a bit of 'chup

feels bad man