So is this guy an actual good cook or is he just a meme...

So is this guy an actual good cook or is he just a meme? Michelin stars and all that but I'll like to hear the reception from actual knowledgeable chefs in the cooking business

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu90jsp6nkE
youtube.com/watch?v=uVjRe8QXFHY
youtube.com/watch?v=I_asNbdQa6U
youtu.be/mkkHh2zW1bA
youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's actually a good cook

Really? Then the man got all the rights to be a huge ass then

He sure does

Watch British kitchen nightmares if you want to see what he's really like. He's still a cunt but it's not hyped up for American audiences.

He seems to genuinely want to help, too.
Most of the time he knows what's best for the business, and gets angry over perfectly reasonable things.

+ there is no shite DRAMA MUSIC like in the US version

he def knows his shit, he of course hams it up for the tv.

Ramsey is only a cunt if you should know better, or are an ass to him, if you watch him in master chef hes usually pretty nice. He just (rightfully) gets mad when people who are supposed to be professionals are complete and total incompetents.

So he's like British Hank Hill

He's way less of a meme than that overrated cuck Jamie - Let's drown everything in olive oil - Oliver

desu I havent seen enough king of the hill to confirm or deny that but from what little I've seen yeah I guess

holy fuck I didnt even see myself type "desu" I need to kill myself now time to chug some bleach

Yup.

What's wrong with Jamie Oliver? I didn't know Veeky Forums would hate him
I even thought you all would hate Ramsay more than this guy, he's seem ok

HOT PAN

KNOBUH BUTTAH

AND LET IT JUST

CÜK

INTHIPAN

YOU FACKIN DONKEH

S E A S O N
E
A
S
O
N

Oliver comes of high and mighty with his healthy school food campaign and then blames the failure of said campaign on "posh eating habits".
That and he literally drowns his food in oil.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bu90jsp6nkE

>good cook
literally a meme
cooking is easy af, "good cooks" are just cooks with connections

GUN

COCK IT

PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH,YES.

NO TEARS

ONLY DREAMS

>oil in water when cooking pasta

he's a meme

OILIV OL'

ON YOUR SCROTUM

AND

JUST LIGHTLY

RUBITIN

NICE AND SLIPPERY

TAKE IT OUT

PUTTITINAPAN

>healthy food vegan bullshit

Says no more

He's an excellent chef. He's also a meme.

MEME

TYPE IT

SOLVE

THE

CAPTCHA

SHITPOST IT,ENJOY.

>cooking is easy af
This coming from a board where people can't fucking boil an egg, thanks for your input

youtube.com/watch?v=uVjRe8QXFHY

>Then the man got all the rights to be a huge ass then
Why? Plenty of people are good at things without being an ass. His exaggerations for television are annoying too.

read:
Burger's television is shit

why are you asking here if you want to hear from knowledgeable chefs in the cooking business?

>I'll like to hear the reception from actual knowledgeable chefs in the cooking business
Why the fuck did you come to Veeky Forums then?

>Implying we aren't all brilliant, self-loathing chefs
>Implying Veeky Forums can't cook isn't a dumb meme

[spoiler]At least that's what I told myself every night ;-;[/spoiler]

He's a fraud, he's never cooked a thing in his life.

He's a burn victim, I'll tell you that much.

youtube.com/watch?v=I_asNbdQa6U

Gordon's first taste of TV fame, showed his true colours. Whole series is a great watch.

Person in the industry here.

Having a single Michelin star means you're a good cook, end of story.

Any bullshit about the Michelin system being biased in whatever way means literally nothing. Everyone with a star is in the top .01% of chefs, and Ramsey had something like a dozen at one point.

Owning a restaurant with good chefs doesn't make you a good chef.

OP's question was whether or not he's a good cook. He's most likely out of practice, but clearly put in the time and had the talent to become a chef at the level he started at.

Owning and running however many high-end restaurants he does makes him a good chef. Obviously he hires other good chefs to run those restaurants, but he's still in charge of hiring and quality control, which is the main job of a chef next to creating the menu.

Do you really think he's just some random celebrity who found other good chefs and gave them money to start restaurants using his name?

Obviously part of his success is from being a TV personality, but you can't just become a celebrity chef out of nowhere (unless you're Alton Brown) and start opening Michelin star restaurants.

hes a fraud. His resteraunts are complete dogshit. Try eating at one

go to his place in caesars vegas.

Then go to mesa grill and get a proper meal ;)

Watched most of the first episode so far, and damn working in that kitchen looks stressful, especially when the extraction fan to cool the kitchen breaks and the temperature reaches hellish levels.

No fucking around working in one of these restaurants.

I always wondered how gordon ramsey could be so good.

does anyone have any examples of him fucking up? other than the only time i have seen where he chopped off most of his thumbnail on tv

youtu.be/mkkHh2zW1bA

I have seen enough of ramsey to know he is good. now this fat guy is another story. on master chef he yells and insults the contestants just like ramsey, but if you watch the fat guys own shows you see he is a massive idiot.

i dont know about the bald guy but the fat guy does not belong on the same level as gordon

During a demo where he was shilling some apples he heated a pan too hot and the apple pastry caught fire.

did anyone call him out on it in a hilarious manner? what insult do you think is best to use on him?

I would go for the classic two-part where i insult his intelligence or chef training and then call him a fucking donkey. it would be such a rare opportunity you have to make it good.

>that last bit when he fills the clams with oil
jesus christ

I'd go with the classic pillock

[Citation needed]
Literally not what OP asked

He's a skilled manager/businessman. No one can really be good at cooking since there's nothing to be good at. It has no depth.

>olive oil is unhealthy
castrate yourself and never reproduce, fuckwit.

It is, just less so than most other fat isolates.

>I'll like to hear the reception from actual knowledgeable chefs in the cooking business

are you retarded? Veeky Forums is literally the last place you'll find professionals of any skill or trade on here, 95% of the people on Veeky Forums don't lift, 95% of the people on /k/ have never used guns for anything other than circlejerking, 95% of the people on Veeky Forums are NEETs, and 95% of the people here don't know shit either

i literally don't even give two shits about your question but holy fuck you're dumb

>fat is unhealthy
Hello 1995.
>castrate yourself.

Didn't he scam them and hardly use any Granny Smith apples?

Shame there's not a statistics board so you can claim that 95% of posters make shit up on the fly.

he unironically burns toast here
youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

That last season was such bullshit. I also can't stand that bitch and that fat bitch.