Hey guys i got 2 questions

Hey guys i got 2 questions
1. How to stop burning the edge of bacon while keeping it still fully cooked and some what chewy
2. How healthy is the home made orange juice (pic related) i used a blender on 2 oranges but i remember the lady at the appliances store who sold me the blender keep saying when i blend the oranges it has a lot if suger? Is it more sugar than lets say a glass of soda?

Thanks

Just microwave the bacon. It's what Gordon Ramsay does.

1. Turn the heat down and cook longer

2. Oranges are healthy

Juice in general is healthy but it is easy to drink way too much. A bottle of apple juice (1L) contains about 2,5 kg apples. You would never eat that much on a day but drinking this is no problem and it contains a lot of sugar which is bad in that quantities.

Microwave raw meat? Is that alright? Mommy always told me to cook my meat...

The lady at store said something about the fibre and sugar balance is disrupted when u make juice rather than just eat normal fruits :/

If you want to actually cook your bacon really well through and still have it be a little chewy, bake it in the oven. 400 degrees, around 10 - 12 minutes. Put it on a sheet with foil on top, turn up the edges of the foil to contain the grease. I can't stand trying to cook bacon in a pan, because it curls and the edges burn.
If you don't feel like going through the work of using the oven every time you eat breakfast, microwaving bacon is actually pretty damn effective.

Only if you discard the pulp. Sounds like you're using the whole thing.

I just use all the "meat" of the fruit.

Came here to post this. Oven is objectively the best way to cook bacon, toaster oven is even easier if you have one. Tastes the best and is the easiest to clean.

I cook my bacon on a low-medium heat.

It comes out cooked all the way through and is still chewy rather than crispy. It just takes a little more time.

I do my eggs the same way as well. Low and slow

>because it curls and the edges burn.

Too high heat bruh. Learn to cook.

>oven is objectively the best way to cook bacon

The oven is objectively the *easiest way to cook bacon (other than deep frying it)

Pan frying is far superior, and gives you much more control over how you want the bacon to turn out. Then again, for OP the oven is probably the right choice.

Looks gaytard disgusting.like always.

Thanks user

Try it in the oven. Just open the windows cause it will get smoky.

Bacon shouldn't be smoking when it goes in the oven, user.

1. Cook on a lower flame and make sure the bacon is on an even surface
2. Not unhealthy but the health benefits are outweighed by the sugar after 2 glasses. Idk how much but I would guess far less sugar in a glass of homemade OJ than in a soda. Like a quarter at least. Store bought OJ is worse.

then there's no problem, it's like eating the orange.

you can cook more of it in the oven than in a pan.

Yeah but I'll take more work over shittier bacon any day.

Did the lady at the store mention how much peel to include?

American detected

Nope. But i dont plan on using any peel for orange juice tho. Is that actually a thing?

>Is it more sugar than lets say a glass of soda?

If you're blending the entire orange except the peel and seeds then it doesn't really matter. Natural sugars like those found in fruit are good for you. You could eat 200g a day of sugar from oranges (and studies have been done of people who have eaten that much fruit on a daily basis) and be perfectly fine. Your body doesn't process it in the same way it processes refined sugars.

>You could eat 200g a day of sugar from oranges (and studies have been done of people who have eaten that much fruit on a daily basis) and be perfectly fine. Your body doesn't process it in the same way it processes refined sugars.

[citation needed]

>1. How to stop burning the edge of bacon
cook in oven sandwiched between 2 baking sheets