So today i found out americans drench oysters in sriracha or ranch sauce before they eat them

so today i found out americans drench oysters in sriracha or ranch sauce before they eat them.

how fucking retarded and classless can they be? just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in.

please no american need to reply in this thread.

NYC reporting in. Never heard of this. Lemon is common, and sometimes ponzu sauce. Most folks I know just eat them right from the shell with nothing on them, then have a sip of white wine after. But I've heard the sauce thing is popular on the West Coast.

i thought that ponzi thing is illegal?

Sorry OP, I'm enjoying oysters on the half shell with crackers and Tobasco right now. It's way better than whatever pretentious shit you have.

hehe

Anti-American shitposting is pretty rampant today, but you're going to have to be a little more subtle. You can't start a thread with something blatantly untrue unless you're posting during Australia hours.

Texas here. The Gulf Coast is awesome for seafood and I've never seen some shit like that. Like the NY fag said, lemon, maybe some cocktail sauce, and down the hatch. I am fond of oysters Rockefeller tho.

>oysters Rockefeller

now this is how a proud faggot eats his oysters

Also Texas here. The real travesty is some people just swallow them whole instead of giving them a chew or two to get all of that delicious briny flavor.

I've never understood the whole, "you're not supposed to chew them" thing. Makes absolutely no sense to just swallow them whole.

If you're chewing, the oyster was dead when you opened the shell. It's a form of rigor mortis

You're chewing, not they're chewy... and like the other user said it's just a couple chews to get the flavors moving around in your mouth instead of swallowing it like it's a $4 pill that does nothing.

They're $1 where I live because they're from here

The fact that they make you think of pills, that you chew them like gum, and that they're an expensive luxury product tells me they're not fresh, and probably dead

>they make you think of pills

I've heard many people say you're supposed to swallow them whole (yes, like you would a pill). My point was the opposite; learn to reading comprehension.

Fresh oysters are good.
The fried dead chewing gum ones you get in pubs are only good drenched in ranch.

I got you just fine senpai

It's ok, we're the same way here about foods that are foreign to us. Some people get super aspie about how to eat them correctly, which would be fine except they're probably wrong half the time

You're absolutely retarded. Nobody is saying they are chewy, they are saying to not just swallow them whole without appreciating their flavors, you gigantic retard.

Never seen anyone drench them in ranch or sriracha. I mostly see them on the half shell, fried, or dressed up like Oysters Rockefeller or something.

He probably just lives in the deep South or something where cheap Gulf seafood is the only thing he has going for him, so is trying to project that everyone else is eating dead shellfish and has no idea about the authentic experience, or something absurd along those lines.

So many salty, lying euros on this board. Fuck it. Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Everything you posted is completely untrue. I have NEVER seen anyone put ranch on oysters. Ever. Never ever. And the only place I've ever seen sriracha used on oysters was in a cheap korean sushi place.
You're an idiot for believing every stupid rumor you hear about the US.

I live on the west coast, and it's totally untrue. As a matter of fact, there's so many oyster farms out here, that putting anything but lemon on them is considered offensive. If you order raw oysters in a restaurant, they will come with just lemon wedges, unless you specifically request something else.

>If you order raw oysters in a restaurant, they will come with just lemon wedges

Lemon wedges and Tabasco is pretty much the standard at every restaurant I've ever ordered oysters at. Only time I was given nothing but lemon wedges was from a stand right off the beach in Northern France.

Oh hey there, at least we're not the south guy. No, for the thousandth time, just because a person thinks, talks, eats, drinks, looks, types, feels, walks, dresses, lives, or acts different from you, does not make them from the south, or Europe.. They are not attacking you. People can just be different from one another, and that's ok. It is not a problem, an act of aggression, or a criticism of you and your ways.

>it is not a problem, an act of aggression, or a criticism of you and your ways

Try reading the thread before replying next time. A simple question was asked about why some people prefer to swallow oysters whole without tasting them and some aspie started screaming about how everyone but him is chewing on dead oysters like bubble gum.

I read it, because I was in it. Some guy was saying oysters are $50 a plate and need to be carefully chewed to release the flavors. Ridiculous.

Now go post about how you won the international global competition of Wisconsin cheese, we're talking about coastie stuff

I like them with a little vinegar but my flyover mom loads them up with horseradish and hot sauce it pisses me off

yall niggas eating up this bait like it's like the last totinos pizza roll on earth. fuck outta here.

We do not you fucking retard, we eat it plain to appreciate the taste. Tell me yuurocuck, what is your god damned fascination with americans? Just go eat your rotten fish, snails, sourkraut, and boiled sausage and leave us alone.

>yuurocuck
Schools obviously aren't so good where you are when it comes to teaching reading.

They only drench oysters in ranch in the South, after they deep fry them and put them in a sandwich. I don't think they like the way they taste otherwise.

OP probably read that Americans drench Rocky Mountain oysters in sauce and thought that the same applies to normal oysters.

Completely new to me. Where did you hear this?

Probably the neighborhood mosque

You live in the sea?

Sue me, I clicked a post to get the fast reply box and I didn't delete the linked post.

they eat fried gizzards, they are fine with the taste of oysters

I could see the sriracha meme happening somewhere since some people put tabasco on but ranch on raw oysters is madness

West coast here. Oysters will come with lemon or vinegar.

I'm all about those Pacific Northwest razor clams though my man

>I'm all about those Pacific Northwest razor clams though my man

Oh hell yes. You are on my level, brother.