CHAINLINK, tell me i'm wrong please (MARINES GET IN HERE)

guys please prove me i'm wrong, Im holding 6k links bags :
(READ UNTIL THE END PLZ)

let's do some simple math:
circulating supply = 350,000,000
expected price = 1000$

now : 350,000,000 x 1000$(EOY) = 350 000 000 000$ market cap

bitcoin market cap is : $191,830,642,297

350 000 000 000$ / $191,830,642,297 = 1.825

so realistically, we as linkies expect link to have almost twice the capitalization of bitcoin by EOY.

now let's say Link will make it into the TOP 10 in coins capitalizaion, let's say it takes the 6th position.

right now the 6th position is held by Cardano, wich has a marketcap of:
$10,210,443,357

basic math again let's add 1$ to cardanos market cap and assume its links market cap when it finally reaches 6th:

$10,210,443,358 / 350,000,000 = 29.17$

now let's be pessimistic, and assume link will only reach the 60th position

the position is help by aelf with a market cap of $396,945,000

$396,945,000 / 350,000,000 = 1.13$

current ether price is : $973.93

so realistically LINK could reach 1.13$ / $973.93 = 0.00116024

116kGWEI
Am I wrong? is there something I didn't foresee? it is said that the oracles will use LINK, and it will be taken out of the supply, does that mean the actual price of link will rocket when oracles are up?

It's already gone over 1.13 before

could someone ask sergey next tie how much of the supply will go into oracles? just t know what would be the real potential of chainlink?

I think $100 is a bit more realistic and I would be perfectly happy with that.

You’re assuming all other coins remain stagnant during this time. Bitcoin will at LEAST double in market cap (likely quadruple or more) by the EOY.

Should LINK make it remotely close to the top 10, we will easily see it at 40 dollars or more.

What the fuck kind of math is that. You think LINK will grow and everything else stay the same? Bitcoin will likely have a trillion dollar cap EOY, ETH probably staying around 50-70% cap of bitcoin. I'd say LINK will always have a smaller cap than ETH, unless something replaces ETH, but 350b isn't that far fetched if ethereum itself is 700b.

is it true that links will be taken out of the supply, and be put into oracles?

if it is, it could mean that the marketcap of LINK could sky rocket whn the oracles are up and running?

imagine 50% of the supply would be used on oracles, that would make us all rich, but dunno if thats how it works, need someone who understands to clear this out

This. I become a millionaire at 40 bucks, and even then, ill only sell 5k of my 25k stack.

But... think... the total crypto market cap... do you think it's going to stay where it's at? If total crypto market cap goes to something stupid like 20-30T then that 1000 number become a bit more realistic. Regardless.... 1000 by eoy? I doubt it. Maybe within a few years tho...

$4 max

Link was over $1.30 in January's bull market.

You are also taking market cap seriously and not realizing it's just combined price of every coin/token, it's not like an actual companies market cap.

Also the market cap of crypto as a whole, which is currently 500 billion (and was over 700 billion in January) is expected to reach 20 trillion by 2020.

So Link could possibly reach Cardano's 10 Billion dollar market cap and still be ranked in the 90's on Coinmarketcap.

what about this

You assumed the overall market cap would remain the same. A lot can happen in a year. Around last year, today, the total market cap of crypto was 20 billion. Now, it's 500 billion.

>implying total crypto market cap won't be in excess of $10 trillion in several years

Yeah a lot of Link will be used for staking in oracles, this means there is incentive to hold and not sell, and will make the price go up and remain more stable at high prices.

I would go to 2 though.
It is a hard to grow coin..

Theoretically yes. Demand would exceed supply, driving up the price. Provided that it remains highly profitable to run a node.

Autism, the post.

The fact that literal shit coins have x30 and this piece of shit never gets past $2 let’s me know it’s destined for failure. It’ll be 2022 and it’s still $0.92.

check this post what could happen is that the links would be taken out of the supply, making them rarer to trade. the price will then skyrocket.

the supply will be halfed or even more maybe 90% would be used on oracles, that would mean the rice would reach the oon to never forseen hights.

because instead of holding it into wallets, we would be using it, to get dividends

Are you actually replying to Link FUD seriously? this guy probably has more Link than you and is just trying to buy your bags.

I don't want to create an FUD thread, i reply to this guy with arguments so people wont fall for it, its not the purpose of this thread

im holding small bags, but still need clarification, and thought on stuff that bother me, even though i tink reastically link could reach 10-20$ before oracles are released, after that, it could sky rocket to the moon 1000$ will be easy

The real answer here is:
Stop being such an autistic faggot about market cap and numbers and shit.
Get a clue:
No one knows how much this shit is going to be worth in a month, 6mo, EOY, or 2 years down the line. Not Linkies. Not FUDs. Not Sergey fucking Nazarov.

And I'll tell you this:
Unless Sergey gets on stage at this big conference next month and starts simultaneously singing, dancing and shitting himself while listing off partnerships and marketing strategies, we're in for a long hold. But we already knew we were in for a long hold, so stfu and hold that fucking bag soldier!

You are clearly very new to both Link and this board. Did you just get in recently on the last dip? Good luck for you but you don't need to convince everyone here.

Don't drop your bags to early, plenty of people on here will try to FUD you out of your coins because they want them.

Just do your own research and if you see an Assblaster thread read it, that guys knows a lot about Link.

We will likely see $60 Link by end of the year, then a retracement to $10, then a bull run to around $120 next year. Don't expect 1k Link though, that's a big maybe and even then, something that would only happen a few years away.

>so realistically, we as linkies expect link to have almost twice the capitalization of bitcoin by EOY.
No we don't, it's a fucking meme

No, just because masternodes are being ran with LINK, that doesn't mean they're "out of the supply". As long as you can retrieve your LINK and sell them then they're circulating.

Learn how masternodes work. So many cryptotards that just buy LINK.

if you take them out, how would your node run?
you either keep them in node or stop everything and sell, so the encentive would be to not sell, making it harder for buyers to get hand of the links

wew, newfag pulled out the calculator for the first time

its all a scam newfriend

nono ive been here for a while, i know about FUD and all, and I just didn't want to make this thread a link FUD thread, I like where the prices are, bought in at 54kgwei so im comfy, but since it's the first time I invest some of y savings into crypto, I just wanted to discuss things since now im just waiting

Do you understand how proof of stake systems work? In order for the nodes to function you have to stake link on the node. This stake is essentially "in the bank" and cannot be traded. An enormous amount of LINK will be staked and taken out of circulation once the mainnet goes live.

indeed, if you took time to read previous posts, or read until the end of the original post (why i wrote please read till the end)

here:

I would be surprised to see LINK above $2 by eoy.

At the rate it's currently growing, $2 wouldn't be unreasonable by June.

>we're in for a long hold.
h-how long. I've been holding since october and I'm barely up.
I was hoping by now LINK would be $3 or so and I could move out of my parents house to a $600 per month apartment and wait for the real moon there

that's FUD, in march a new conference would be held, and price would reach 5$ easy

thats shit

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the supply isn't circulating.

If it can be taken out of a node and sold, it is CIRCULATING.

God I hate these fucking math larps. None of you idiots ever have any clue what you're talking about.
>lets say [totally random numbers and assumptions backed by nothing]
>Wow guys! LINK is [amazing/totally shit]

the numers, are actual numbers right now, that's why I wrote the different coins, and positions.

I wasn't factoring in the March 14th conference. And realistically, it could tank the price just as easily as it can pump it. Pump is more likely, but of course we all thought dump was more likely for the last conference so who really knows?

At least we have something relatively soon to look forward to.

no one knows what the price is gonna be
but as a hardcore Link follower, and having some experience in this market + gathering predictions and sentiment/hints about the future about bitcoins being served to boomers by hedge funds etc I think mid double digits is the most likely price around fall assuming mainnet is completed and cutomers/partners are using it.

If I was to bet my money on future price I would say the 10-70 $ range is most likely

Links marketcap relative to other cryptocurrency's marketcap is irrelevant. Consider the fact that chainlink will primarily be used for smart contracts that handle USD and other fiat currencies. The price of ether is irrelevant to those smart contract, and the price of link will be determined by the ROI that one can expect for bidding for contracts running a node (or contract staking; as well as link held on the node, though personally I doubt companies will be that interested in that number). None of that has any relation to the crypto market cap as a whole.

you're right absolutely but you're talking to clean demand, non speculative value

The very nature of this market is that dumb money jumps on everything that's hyped, that's why I believed AssBlaster gave the $60->$10->$150 scenario

Smart man

All I can tell you is the people with the best grammar and photoshop skills all support Link, so I'm all in.

This is fucking retarded. I’ll calculate the minimum expected price for link below. Assumptions:
- chainlink as % of crypto market doesn’t change
- BTC dominance drops to 25%
- BTC hits $50K this year as expected

BTC price of $50k gives us a BTC cap of $800b, divided by the assumed BTC dominance of 25% gives us a crypto market cap of $3.2b.

Chainlink currently enjoys a market dominance of 0.05% - let’s assume this doesn’t change (worst case scenario). 0.05% of $3.2b gives us a chainlink market cap of $1.7b and a price of $4.86 (assuming circulating supply remains fixed).

$4.86 is the minimum price you can reasonably expect for chainlink by EOY, but it will be much much higher based on marketing, partnerships, fomo and a working product.

lil bump skrtt

I just bought $100 of Link when I saw that tiny green sliver, still have time to cancel. Help me out here, do the right thing. I am just a poorfag trying to get to the right mooncoin to buy a real computer. Posting this from my integrated-hardware craptop.

NVM too late. I'm all in, wooh. Time to go trick others into buying this

what an idiot

>20 trillion by 2020

kek

Too late now. I have already made $2. Go back to Wells Fargo with your advice.