What does Veeky Forums think of scrapple?

What does Veeky Forums think of scrapple?

Disgusting pig anus, and other parts.

i like it very infrequently. it's basically a heartattack in food form. also, like overly rich without much strong flavor. I guess what I'm saying is I kind of like it.

I've never had it but it seems mildly appetizing, oddly enough. What's the texture like?

It got McNulty some ass from that thick waitress in season 2 so I guess I'd give it a try if I ever came across it

it's suppose to be fried in slices so that the grains become kind of crunchy

I really want to try it.

great in tacos

slightly flaky and crispy

I like you.

This. Literally everything you don't want to put in your mouth. Absolutely disgusting.

What do you serve with scrapple tacos

I'm interested es well.

But in general, scrapple, egg, and cheese on wheat toast is GOAT breakfast sandwich desu senpai.

nigger food

It's funny because really only South Philly white trash that I know regularly eat it.

this is a god tier breakfast "meat"

it's ok once in a while, but it has to be prepared correctly: slice it wafer thin and fry it in oil so it is crisp and chewy...

Are you me

what !? you like scrapple bra?!

never had "scrapple" but I'm a fan of goetta which is the same thing

I don't eat it very often though because I'm sure it's not really great for you

is there apple in it? I might eat it if there is.

No apple. Spare animal parts.

It's absolutely godly. Tastes like the most savory pork you've ever had in your life. Fry up a few thick slices in butter until CRISPY (don't eat limp scrapple), maybe a slice of cheese on top if that's your thing. Delicious.

It's delicious breakfast loaf. Slice it thin, fry it and put a little ketchup on it.

> grew up in Eastern PA

Forgot the fried egg and wheat toast with spicy mustard, mang.

>nigger food
>not weird Pennsylvania Dutch food

Get the fuck out of here you cretin. I'd tell you to take some shoo-fly pie with you, but you wouldn't know what the fuck to do with it.

I remember my grandma trying to feed me scrapple when I was a kid.

I also remember my body rejecting it like an incompatible kidney.

Your grandma should've rejected you.

I can dig it. Where do you get yours? I've always ordered from Dietrich's in Lenhartsvilla, PA. Used to be able to get in locally in New England but nobody knows what the fuck scrapple is where I live in the midwest.

>tfw can't find shoo-fly pie out here in pittsburgh

I live in South Philly now, so I can get it at ShopRite or any diner/corner breakfast shop. I'm from Ohio though, so like an above poster said goetta is basically the same only round. I know they had that at grocery stores in Cincy when I went to school there.

Dude, just make it. It's got like three ingredients. One of those ingredients is hot water. You've got this.

But it is disgusting negro food. You want time-stamped pictures of it from every supermarket in Baltimore?

Guetta is buetta

Delicious fried crispy then a little hot sauce. Yum yum yum

looks weird but i think id like it, whats it taste like OP?

Look, I can't help that inner city blacks have better taste than you, Cletus.

Cool, I'm in Ohio now too. I love goetta, never heard of it til I moved here. They sell it at the Kroger 15 minutes away. Cincinnati's a pretty cool city from what I've seen of it. South Philly? Damn, my other favorite food after scrapple is a good cheesesteak.

God I haven't had scrapple since I was a little kid. My dad used to get it from local farmers and it was so good. Hell, even when I found out what it was made from I kept eating it and I usually get really squeamish over that kind of stuff. How good/safe is grocery store scrapple, provided I can find it?

Definitely safe. Habbersett is a popular grocery store brand. It's no less safe than any other processed meat product: bacon, ham, sausage, etc.

Scrapple is just pig pate, people bitching about whats in it are weak and their children would not have survived winter.

Good Scrapple is well seasoned, crispy on the outside, and depending on how thick you cut it (you don't want to cut it TOO thick mind) has a creamy texture in the middle and a crispy exterior.

What the hell, I am literally cooking some right now. First time buying it, when I cooked up some earlier, it was very tasty.