Hey fu/ck/ers

Hey fu/ck/ers.

What is best for buying to take to work every day? Lunch box? Bento? Thermos cup? Do you personally take any such thing to work?

I have a thermos will me every day, usually, for tea or coffee and on rare occasion, a smoothie. But Id like to buy some kind of lunch box so I can make food and bring it each day instead of bringing bowls or plates or whatever like I do now.

Should I get a zojirushi thermos cup like my zo thermos? Should I get one of their 3 tier bento? Any othrt suggestions?

Inb4 someone posts that pinku bento copy pasta

Pretzel chips? Those things are amazing.
Just dropped in to say this.

I just throw away the plastic wrap after I'm done eating the musubi.

Other than that all you need is a water bottle.

I spent the money and got one of the Monbento boxes after a thread I saw two weeks ago. It's expensive, ($28 on Amazon) but I really like it. Only problem I have is that I'd like another dividing cup, but the only place that sells it is the official website and they charge $22 for all shipping, for a $5 part. Mine also has a little Monbento bag that came with it.

For water? I bring a 1 L Nalgene to work.

Here's how it looks loaded, next to a 10 lb cat for scale. If I had any sort of presentation skills it would look a lot better, but you understand.

I'd feel kind of silly pulling that out, and square is an awkward shape to fit in most bags.

Depends on what you're taking. Thermos is best for soup, not so good for salad. I actually have a little soft cooler I just pack as needed.

He called me a ten pound cat.
He didn't call me "his kitty."
I am going to get a dead mouse and bring it to him as a warning.
Next time he dies.

The bag is specifically designed to fit the square model and it fits surprisingly well. I did feel a bit silly at first but I've stopped caring, the color isn't ideal but its convenient for me.

Hush Macaroni.

My stray wants your blood too now.

Looks pretty good. Do they have a rectangle shaped box? That might be easier for me to carry in my bag, but the square is fine too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, this is the original line. The bag you can get will fit both the rectangle and the square. You can mix and match colors on the official website but its outrageous pricing; Amazon has the pure black one for $23 + Shipping but it is Prime eligible.

I picked up something similar to this at Walmart the other day for $7. It's two layers and more of a rectangle, but it's really all I need for packing lunch. Salad goes in the bottom with some rice and chicken in the top. Been working out great so far, I lug it around in one of those realtree camo lunch bags they sell over in the camping section.

Great, thanks for the info!

love my mon bento, It's a little tight sometimes but you get used to packing it as full as possible

I was going to get the black version of this box. How well does it do in the fridge? Have you had any problems cleaning it?
Does it ever leak?

Im looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

was wondering when this was going to show up. Or ken-sama too, desu

No problems with cleaning at all, just dish soap and a sponge.

Its airtight and has a rubber seal for each individual lid, theres a small vent for use in a microwave. It will leak if you put pure liquids in it I'm sure, but its not really made for soup.

What is a non-gay way to carry my lunch to work?

Sweet. I'll look into getting one of these. Thank you.

Tupperware?

A zip lock bag

Forgot to answer your question about the fridge; I prepare lunch the night before and put it in the fridge. No issues whatsoever, and no issues in the microwave (the guide says it is safe for up to three minutes, just to be safe I hit it at 90 second intervals with a few seconds in between). Just have to remember to pop open the vent.

This shit. Glass doesn't stain or absorb odors, rubber gasket prevents liquid spillage, little pop-up vent on top to release pressure when microwaving.

I didn't realize there were so many fucking weebs on Veeky Forums

>visit Veeky Forums.org
>WEEBS!!!

?????

I don't pack lunch and I can't stand people who do. Especially people who prep meals for the week. It literally looks like the most depressing thing ever.

I know it's autistic. I'm otherwise a normal person with few pet peeves.

I feel like it's the least weird to bring like, a cooler bag, though.

This thread needs more bento pictures.
I love seeing a bento spread and what combinations people make.

Think im gonna buy me one of those monbento. Step up from what I'm using now.

Read that as 'a 10lb cat for sale'. Got half way to asking how much.

so you just eat out every day?

Sprang for a monbento last night. Added a sauce cup, the nomad fork spoon knife set and the flimsy ass looking chop sticks; $90 bucks. Fuck you fedex and your $25 shipping fee.

They need to stay on their containment boards.

>we're owned by a jap now

Japs are fine, weebs are scum.

Their women are especially 'fine'.

>having to order food every single work day

Fuck your wallet and fuck your body, right?

Came here to post this, was not disappointed

I don't want to JUST my wallet, especially since eating out at work us basically just throwing money away

I have one of these, chop up a salad (spinach, red onion, carrot, celery or anything really) add cut up cucumber or beetroot as they're too mushy to chop with the blade. Add balsamic glaze and some sort of protein (chicken fish or chickpeas). Take it in the container minus the blade.

ETA on monbento box: 6-28-16

Excellent, I will remember this when I buy it.
Thanks again!

Post pictures when you two get them. I'm probably going to get a custom Thanks Doc colored one in a few months.

Will do. I was thinking of going custom too but opted against. If I really want different colored intermediary lids I'll just buy them separately. Shipping was already killer, tried to minimize the cost. I'll post some unboxing pictures and maybe a little bento OC along side them.

I bought the non vented lid version of this in round and square. They had a set of 5 with lids for like $5-$6 a set at BigLots. I keep so much stuff in them and I don't worry about staining or getting weird in the microwave.

Just make your own divider out of a wide slice of carrot, or fashion your own out of a piece of plastic.

Eating out everyday is really sad looking to me.

If thread survives I'll post my spread tomorrow