Sourdough bread

>Sourdough bread

>eating bread

ever had a frisco melt?

>frisco melt
is this another hipster meme?

I love salami with provolone on sourdough eat shit OP

i'm not even going to take the time to google "frisco melt", save an image, upload it and write a patronizing comment

it's a burger-esque type of hot sandwich and, no, it's not a "hippeter meme"

it's a patty melt with french dressing on it. steak and shake has had them for ages.

Sourdough is best bread, I can keep it on the top shelf all week without it going stale or moldy

sourdough IS the best bread. I cant handle it when my mummy gets rye bread. shits nasty.

All bread was sourdough originally.

Don't you mean sourdough thread?

inb4carlos

I always hated sourdough until I had actual sourdough. Most of what you get in the grocery store had vinegar added to make it sour.

Shit's disgusting.

no

t. biology major

>'sco 'elts

Yes, it was.
t. history major

I like this type of answer...
no facts, just contrariant...

so, give some facts please ,would love to hear what you have to say (and please not something lije: the first "bread" didn't have yeast in it at all)

>Most of what you get in the grocery store had vinegar added to make it sour.
wat?

an USA thing as usual I suppose.. no laws or regulations to guarantee that sourdough bread is made from sourdough?!

I used to commute by bike to work in San Francisco. Every morning I'd ride past the Boudin Bakery in Fisherman's Warf and the smell was indescribably good. You literally have to do it yourself to believe it

All sourdough was bread originally.

True

How? i started doing sourdough bread because i heard about this.
But my bread only lasts one day in good conditions.

>
by "doing" do you mean buying or baking your own?

if bread you baked yourself only lasts 1 day you're doing something seriously wrong

if it's bread you bought just buy better quality bread

I love sourdough. I buy a loaf a week and eat it with everything. Salad, stew, one-pot, soup, tea, breakfast... It's good.

>But my bread only lasts one day in good conditions.

slice it and put it in the freezer.

I ment baking, to be more precise it takes me aprox 12 hours to knead, ferment etc....

sower doe bred

Yeah that's about standard, I make my own sourdough too. But mine will last for weeks if I don't eat it, so I don't know what's going on with yours.

It starts to mold after 1 day? or what?

Also I hope you're fermenting your starter for longer than 12 hours before making the dough

My started took 5 days to be full alive and bubbling.

I think the problem is jsut that where i live there is a lot of humidity in the air.

I still will give sourdaough bread on last try, fermenting it for aprox 16 hours.