What's the most popular food in the world?

What's the most popular food in the world?

When I tried looking it up, it gave me rice, but that's bullshit. Rice might be the most commonly consumed food, but the most POPULAR? As in the most favorite food of the most amount of people? I say, no!

I realize this is hardly the place to get any kind of legitimate basis for speculation, but it was the best one I can think of. What do you think is the most popular food in the world, Veeky Forums? In terms of passion, not lukewarm acceptance and ease of access

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=heySIypnWXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go za

i'm guessing fried chicken.

you see it in every country. most cultures have some take on it.

It's not that popular in Europe.

that's 1 outta 6 populated continents though

Depends on where in Europe. Italy eats piece of chicken, like legs, wings etc, fried in oil. And Austria has hühnerschnitzel, Ukraine has kotleta po kyivsky, Switzerland has cordon bleu, fried chicken wings are a common tapas in Spain, KFC is the most popular restaurant in Britain and Ireland, chicken is marinated in seasoned yogurt before double-flouring and frying in Greece and the Balkans and I'm sure many others I can't remember right now.
I'd say it's a pretty good guess to say fried chicken is the world's most popular food, especially considering that chicken is the world's most popular meat.

cum

my guess would be

most commonly prepared in the home?
curry

most common commercially sold prepared food?
hamburgers

Probably meat with bread. Mostly known as kebab in Yurop and the middle east but China and India have their own version. If Africa has it too it'snikely to be the most popular food as per OP's definition.

whatever the fuck poor brown people eat

cơm

fries.

who the fuck is excited about eating corn?

>i've never left the anglosphere, but let me give you my entirely uninformed opinion on things i know nothing about
cool

are you retarded lmao, asians / indians have the highest population on earth and eat rice practically everyday

>cơm = corn because my eyes are dumb

There's no preferred dish all over the world, each culture will inevitably have their own twist and bend on it, your question is fucking dumb

Also what said, go back to milking your boyfriend

Hey comrade

pizza

why are you so mad? lol
curries are found in pretty much every culture and hamburgers are sold pretty much everywhere

>curries are found in pretty much every culture
you meant every cuckold white western countries

youtube.com/watch?v=heySIypnWXw

>curries are found in pretty much every culture
But this is objectively wrong

no? it started in india.
its popular in literally every asian culture and most middle eastern cultures
britain just brought it back to europe

so curry is popular in most of europe + all of asia + most of the middle east

asia is the home of the majority of the world's population and the middle east is home of the second largest majority and then you have europe which is home to the third largest majority

aw fuck senpai, I just cut myself on that edge

It's obvious that I was right and you've never left the Anglosphere.

The majority of Europe do not eat curries with any regularity and nor do South America, Africa, North America and Australia. And most of the people in those areas who do eat curries do not cook them at home.
>but 2 billion people who cook and eat curries
Yes. And another 5 billion who don't.

>hamburgers
Just because McDo exists in many places doesn't mean the average person in those countries buys hamburgers regularly. Subsisting almost entirely on fast food is an Anglosphere thing. Doesn't really happen in other countries, though it's becoming increasingly common in India (with KFC, rather than any burger place).
Availability does not equate popularity.

>most middle eastern cultures
no.... the only one that eats curries are the persians. and their "curries" are so unlike indian curries, you likely wouldn't even put it into the same category
stop talking out of your ass.

>asia is the home of the majority of the world's population
That's not true. They have a plurality, not a majority
>and the middle east is home of the second largest majority
And that's patently untrue. The Middle East is home to under 200 million people. There are more people in the United States than all of the Middle East. I'm wondering what you think "The Middle East™" is.
>and then you have europe which is home to the third largest majority
Again, plurality, not majority.

In order of most to least populous, it would go Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America and Dingo Ate My Baby. The Middle East is merely a geopolitical region within western Asia. It has a very small population in comparison to other places because the majority of it is uninhabitable.

Dumplings and Meatballs.

Every culture and nation has their variation of meatballs and dumplings.

Meat (or meat substitute) on bread.

A hamburger is just meat between two slices of bread. A hot dog is the same, but turned sideways. Pizza is sauce, plus typically some kind of meat, on bread baked in an oven. A burrito is meat inside a rolled up bread. Nachos are thin pieces of dry bread that you scoop up a meat sauce with. All the best foods are bread plus meat or something else savory, no matter the cuisine.

Even the best vegetarian and vegan foods follow the same formula, except with the meat being replaced with some kind of brown mush made from various pulses. Hummus is chickpea mush typically scooped up with pita, naan or other flatbread. Likewise with a multitude of Indian curries eaten with roti or paratha.

There's really no reason for other types of food to exist, as this is the ultimate food - the culinary equivalent of the monomyth. Food has been solved.

>Food has been solved
what a time to be alive

Its really popular with Muslims, so its only a matter of time before it becomes the most consumed fast food in Europe..

Curry is popular in Asia the way Pizza is popular in N. America in that people eat it more often than they make it at home. Aside from the countries that surround the Indian ocean, curry is not as commonly prepared in Asian homes as you think.

water

So you're saying sandwiches?

Asia includes more than Japan. Its not popular in China and I don't believe in Korea either.

Thanks for the geography lesson, user.

>Asia includes more than Japan

Yep. It's very popular in India and Pakistan, where it was created. It's also popular all over southeast Asia: Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, etc.

kek

Thought it was funny.

Bread and Grains

If a gyro and a burger are sandwiches then
Yeah sandwiches win everywhere

fried eggs

In America I would say pizza.

Worldwide, I would say chicken or beef. There are billions of people that don't get to eat meat that often and it is a special occasion when they do.

Also, I would be willing to bet noodles would be close to rice in terms of worldwide consumption, if not greater than.

>fried chicken wings are a common tapas in Spain
No they're not

'go style 'za, natch

white people: pizza
worldwide: rice

yo, you fucks, remind me the last time you went to india, pakistan, bangladesh? the majority do not eat curry often- they are mostly reserved for functions. staples are more like dahl- but the way you have been discussing curry as if different nations curries are the same maybe youd include that idk.

I've never been to Pakistan nor Bangladesh, but I went to India five years ago and Sri Lanka three years ago.
I don't know why you're replying to as it makes no claims as to the frequency of curry-eating or curry-cooking in traditionally curry-eating/cooking areas, just that outside of those areas, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very few people cook the stuff at home.

Bread meat and cheese(I guess meat substitute) are all the world needs

Kimchi

>never had kimchi
>everyone says is smells like shit, even on tv shows
>go to a korean bbq
>it smells and tastes delicious
I've been lied to

>Not one mention of potatoes
Literally everyone loves chips/fries/steakfries. I've never met anyone who doesn't enjoy hot chips with salt

This thread is pointless. You can't get Veeky Forums to agree on anything.

I'll throw in another vote for chili or curry. It seems like that one food that everybody learns to cook. Even men that think cooking is for faggots take over cooking responsibilities on chili night. It's the number one answer in the bulk-cooking threads. Maybe somewhere in the top ten for the "20 dollars until payday" threads. The shorter the time that $20 has to last, the greater chance you'll see chili or curry as an answer.

Pasta

>cheap as shit
>easy to prepare
>versatile as fuck
>can be made from pretty much any grain
>dietary restrictions which include pasta are uncommon

You mean food or dish? If it's food, the wheat may be the most popular. Next comes the rice.

>cơm
is there a fucking smudge on my screen??

East Asians don't eat potatoes too much

>most consumed
>most popular
Same shit dummy

no, a lot of people eat rice because they are poor. that does nit mean that its the most people's favorite food.

i'd say meatballs

I'd probably say meat

hahaahhahahaahahah wjat an original and funny meme

Well it's the closest we're going to get to "favorite"
Do you expect somebody to poll the entire world population for their favourite food?

Don't know where in Spain you're going, but around half the bars I go to have fried wings. I'd say that's pretty fucking common.

>KFC is the most popular restaurant Ireland
dunno where you got that idea from. theres only a handful of them here. McDs and BK are far more prevalent

they do have fried.m wings they just dont offer them as tapas. so either you are spewing lies or you simply dont know what tapas means (the last is more likely since you are a pathetic uncultured freedomclapper who thinks he knows shit about Europe because he cisited his wife's lover one summer in '06)

We certainly do clap for freedom in Switzerland, yes. That's why we're the only country so far to actually pass laws against Islamisation.

Now, isn't tapas analogous to cicchetti IE just small plates of anything served with alcohol? Or is it some rigidly defined thing, Espabro? Also, don't be upset. It's not a good look. Be nice. I'm nice. Spain is nice. Everything is nice. So why be un-nice?

they are exactly what you described but they are free if you order a drink.

typically lower quality stuff and stuff that didnt sell during breakfast

so if you paid for those wing they were not tapas

>the only country so far to actually pass laws against Islamisation
i really envy you guys. i hope europe wakes up before it´s too late

Right after the ban passed, France "condemned" the decision. Bet they'd wished they had the balls to do the same, eh?

Most other countries also thought it was a poor choice, but considering that despite having a relatively high Muslim population, they live peacefully in Switzerland and don't cause problems.

No, didn't pay. As for "low quality," they were served cold in every bar I went to. I like cold food, so I had no problem with it.

it feels sad to say this, but i think it may be too late for france, it is already lost