Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, what are you go to brands and flavors for tea or coffee when you're just trying to relax and take a load off? How do you brew it?

I like folgers k-cups :)

I like this in the evening. Sometimes I go with chamomile.

Do you use a tea pot or just straight into the mug? Is there a difference? I don't drink tea but I'm looking for something to relax with and I wanna do it the best way possible.

Monsooned Malabar is my fav comfort coffee, super smooth and without any bitter/sourness.
Pourover
In summmer i like greentea, also just letting it sit in the fridge for one night without brewing, when its colder oolong.

How do you mean without brewing?

It's comes in bags so I just brew it in the mug. I buy loose chamomile though. I have an infuser for that.

Accept no substitute.

That specific flavor or just the brand itself?

just drop a decent amount of tea into your teapot/glasscontainer whatever, fill up with cold water and let rest for the night in the fridge.
Its basically a very light,fresh and cold green tea

That sounds like it could be nice, with oolong you just brew it like normal? Or do the same thing?

My...i dont know how to explain without sounding like a hipstercuck, but here goes.
It tastes best with floral teas, aka easy loose-leaf- green tea. It just fits the cold,light,summer kinda thing better than fermented teas do.Just give it a try, not like its any work. I wouldnt do it with my best teas, or fishy tasting teas like the topnotch japanese/korean stuff, but youll figure out yourself what you like.
I drink oolong in a gaiwan, its basically just a very small pot, which makes it easier to brew a tea many times. Its cup-sized, so you brew a larger-than-youd-think amount of tea for like 10 seconds (i prefer colder temperatures aka 65-85 degrees or significantly below boil), then pour it into a cup and repeat when you feel like having the next. It sound like a lot of effort but it really isnt, you put your pot of hot water next to you, and just pour yourself another cup whenever you feel like it. You get to experience the tea in many different temperatures and levels of extraction this way, its much better-tasting and more exciting.

Hmm that does sound like an interesting way to brew multiple cups of tea, thanks for the advice!

Starbucks Sumatra made in an aeropress. No sugar, splash of cream.

If you are buying a "brand"of coffee its shit dude

the areopress can make a shit coffee seem better.
Try buying real coffee

Is the aeropress that good? I've never heard of it til now.

British Northerner here. We know our tea better than anyone.

My personal preference is called PG Tips. Especially if you can get the pyramid shaped bags. I just throw one of them in a cup with 2 teaspoons of sugar then pour in some hot water and give it a cheeky couple of minutes to do its thing. Then I give it a stir and squeeze the bag with a spoon, and throw it away. Then I add a splash of milk to the old cup and all done.*

*You're welcome to try my recipe, I learnt it from my mother anyway

Synonymous with Southern ice tea. A classic.

Single origin African coffees mostly, but there are some South American coffees doing really interesting things recently too.

Lately I've been using some light roast coffee beans, but sometimes I'll get medium roast beans. I brew using a few different methods. If it's just one cup, I'll use a metal pour-over filter which brews it in minutes and lets the coffee oils pass into the cup. If I'm brewing more than one cup, I have a French press and a moka pot. Moka is great for iced coffee, too, since it's a nice, strong brew.

When I'm not drinking coffee, I drink tea (black, green, sometimes oolong). I'm fond of African black teas, but they aren't that much better than the regular cheap black tea brands, so I don't drink them often.

Because it's the summer, I'm drinking almost exclusively iced coffee/tea. If I'm drinking iced black tea, I cold brew it overnight. I highly recommend trying this if you drink iced black tea; just pop a teabag or loose tea in a large cup or bottle of water and take it out 8-12 hours later.