Fried Chicken

What sort of seasoning mix do you use? What do you put in the breading mix?

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/-fried-chicken-51238060
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Buttermilk marinade, then season the flour with salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, and garlic powder.

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/-fried-chicken-51238060

I'm planning to try this 18th century fried chicken recipe.

Just watched the video of this. Looks goodman. Tell us how it comes out.

Pretty much this.

thats how I've always done my chicken
its perfect every single time

Don't forget the pickle brine!

Thanks, I'll have to figure out how to do buttermilk in the UK

you can do just regular milk as well
ive done it both ways without much of a difference

Add some lemon juice to regular milk.

Milk and vinegar.

>Thanks, I'll have to figure out how to do buttermilk in the UK

Use Kefir instead

My housemate stole a fuck load of seasoning mix from KFC when he left so I just use that

Whenever a recipe calls for buttermilk I just add a bit of white vinegar to milk and let it curdle since I really don't keep buttermilk on hand. Takes like 5-10 minutes.

This. Exactly this.

Makes perfect tendies, too.

A mix that is pretty comparable to Emerils Essence.

I thought this was a ruse at first but its legit. Ive never tried that before though.

Its good in a pinch but is definitely inferior to the real thing. I used to do this when I lived in Japan because you couldn't actually buy buttermilk

would you mind describing the difference between buttermilk and milk with some vinegar/lemon juice? i always just use milk with acid when recipes call for buttermilk because of convenience but am interested to know the properties of buttermilk and how it would affect a dish

Buttermilk is slightly richer and just taste different. Its a totally different process to make it than using milk with an acid. Look up the actual process. Milk plus an acid is a substitute and never in actual recipes for a reason

Jelly

'Za style

IVE HAD IT
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP WITH THIS FUCKING GO ZA TRASH HOLY FUCK STOOOOP IM GONNA SCREAM IM GONNA FUCKING EXPLODE GET FUCKING READY HOLY SHIT
STOP
FUCKING STOP
STOP
STOP
I HATE IT SO GODDAMN FUCKING MUCH, YOU MAKE HITLER A LIKEABLE PERSON, YOU MAKE ME WANNA BREAK MY OWN FUCKING NECK, IS THIS WHAT CK HAS BEEN REDUCED TO? GUH ZAAUU UUH SO FUCKING FUNNY DUDE HAHAHAHAH

dude calm down its only 'go 'za

are you okay user? your 'go 'za was to hot or something?

geez it's just a deep dish pizza

Just ignore it, user

I'm not the saiyan poster but thank you

i can only ignore it for so long