Do you criticize food when eating at a restaurant with friends?

Do you criticize food when eating at a restaurant with friends?

Amongst my friends I will nitpick any issues with the dish but won't complain to wait staff; couldn't be arsed to.

If it's particularly bad I might make a comment, but otherwise no. It's rude and if someone else is enjoying their food, sitting next to someone bitching about the food is really obnoxious.

I'll save it for later, especially if they want to go back to a place that I think sucked.

For example, any time I go to a nice place with this one guy, he spends the whole time making little snipes about everything. The napkin is wrong, it's too cold, they didn't pour enough water, etc. I don't know if he thinks it makes him sound like a Real Classy Restaurant Critic or what, but it's super annoying.

I might if I had friends to eat out with :(

No, and I don't do that no matter who I'm with. I hate people who complain, especially if they're just going to keep eating it anyways.

If something is really wrong with the food (like it's completely different from what I asked for, it's dangerously under/overcooked, etc.), I'll tell the waiter when no one else is around.

No, I'm not that much of a toolbag.

I also don't have friends or leave the house but that's neither here nor there.

this. I like talking about the food. but I almost never complain.

It's the chick from the incest show with the dad/daughter who are living together in sin

It's a shitty show but I still enjoy seeing it when it's on, I feel like something is on the cusp of going down

This.

You are out to enjoy the evening. If it is so bad that you have to wine about everything then you should really find somewhere else or stop being so fucking English.

No, I'm not a total aspie cunt. I was taught to be polite and not to complain.

of course.
youve never said "this food is good"?
that would be criticizing the food.

people do it all the time. its part of eating.

what show

Suburbia or something like that

I see it when I'm in hotels, I don't have TV at home

This, unfortunately.

It's Suburgatory and there's no incest

More likely to enthuse about the food than to criticize, because if I'm out with friends the place was chosen because we already knew it would be good. But most of my friends are people who cook and dine out at good places, so comparing notes on what we're eating (and drinking) does end up being part of the conversation. Not as intense as eating with French people, but close.

I'll comment and talk about the food, If something is wrong I'll usually go with it, to some point. If there is an actual problem with the food I'll get the waiter discreetly. doesn't happen often.

Both cases they won't see my face again.

I'm more of an ass when it comes to drinks, to the point I have my own bottle at my regular bar, and check the brands in others. But I do compliment barmans when they do a good job.

yup always

If it's bad, sure. I had paella with hard rice one time at a bistro downtown, if I'm paying 20 bucks for a meal then they should at least be able to cook fucking rice. I doubt McDonald's would have been able to fuck up my dinner that badly.

Not that all criticism is bad, I think we're supposed to be old enough to understand that.

If it's with my foodie friends, yes, we'll usually talk about the food. Try and figure out how it's made, what's in it, what we would have done differently etc.

What do you mean you have your own bottle? And what drinks are your favorites?

I'll usually just deal with it if it's minor, or if it ruins the meal, I'll sort it out discreetly. I'm not in the business of making anyone else feel bad, when eating out is meant to be a fun social experience. I might tell them another time.

It has to be atrociously bad food of service

Depends on how bad the food is
>Getting served rotten steak
>Uncooked rice
>Bugs in the meal(in a meal that's meant to be bug free)
>They forgot the pickles
All things that have happened to me or my friends while out and all justifiable reasons to complain openly.

Banter can be nice some times. It's better than a quiet table at the very least.

sounds dreadful

>with friends?
Delete this

I don't understand this meme

>The napkin is wrong, it's too cold, they didn't pour enough water, etc
what kind of faggot complains about stuff like that? drop his fucc ass

Dumb frogposter

nope, but that's only because if I have anything worse to say about it than it's just ok, I won't be eating it. but no I won't ruin a special occasion just because I'm not satisfied with my food. I'll just get full really fast and need a to go box when it's time. now if I'm not the only one with complaints then it's a different story

OP assumed we got friends, Friendless user gets triggered because he has no friends and wants op to delete post to stop the triggering

maybe if friendless user weren't so easily triggered, he wouldn't be friendless