I need the very best minds Veeky Forums has to offer

Masters of persuasion, logicians, attorneys, and MENSAfags GTFIH now.

BRAPPPP

I got a 800/610 on the SATs, became a programmer. Best I can give you.

CPA here. Can I help?

i took the MENSA free practice test and got like a 43/50 how can i be of service?

I thought being part of mensa was enough but I'm obviously not intelligent on this individual's level.

gentlemen, the matter at hand is complex:

>be me
>attorney
>worked for father for 5 years doing plaintiff's personal injury work
>paid horrific wage, literal mcburger-tier
>however good part of agreement is that if i bring in a case, we split fee 50-50
>also if I work on client A's case and client A recommends Client B to our firm, I get 50% of that fee
>2016, bring in a 2 million-dollar case thru Client A-B method
>told it will likely settle in 2017
>November 2017, suddenly my old man says he's (((retiring)))
>basically sets up some fucked scheme in which I do all the work and he gets 95% of the money while sitting on his ass
>tell him to go fuck himself
>tries to kike me out of the million dollar case
>show him emails proving the agreement and tell him I will fuck him up if he doesn't split 50-50
>he says ok
>haven't spoken since
>running out of money
>discover Veeky Forums and crypto
>realize taking less of the fee up front and investing will likely lead to much more money down the line

So the question is how do I persuade him to give me 4/5ths of my fee up front and let him keep all of the actual fees?

Master of persuasion reporting in, what do you need?

break into his house and rob his bitcoins

>implying boomers know about bitcoin

>realize taking less of the fee up front and investing will likely lead to much more money down the line
checked
dubs have spoken

Contact another attorney immediately.

Also Brappp.

for what nebulous end user

To make sure he doesn't try and get out of the agreement if you don't trust him.

800/800 on the sat, no larp.

The answer is clear, you need to "remove" the old man

t. 180 IQ working on my PhD in financial engineering, already retired at age 20 after opening my brokerage account at 18, study for fun

addendum: the case hit a snag in which federal issues have distracted the insurance companies involved, meaning they're arguing in fed court about much bigger amounts of money down the line than the 2M involved in our state court case.

this means the underlying tort case might not settle for another year or so, by which point I will have missed a shitload of gains

Find another lawyer and explain the situation to him. Make an agreement with the lawyer: if he shows up and helps settle things quickly, he gets a quick fee; if the case goes to court, then he gets a percentage of the money you get. Hopefully just walking in there with a lawyer and showing how serious you are is enough to get him to back down. Also are you able to takeover the firm because he's (((retiring)))? If it's a firm that's winning 2 million dollar cases then I would suggest letting giving him more or all of the money in exchange for sole-proprietorship. If he's planning on selling it to another person then go talk to that person and say you intend to sue the company if you don't get your money. It might get him to back out of the deal. That would definitely be your best case scenario: Getting the person buying him out to cancel the deal out of a lawsuit threat and then getting your dad to sell you the company for 500k while giving you the other 500k you deserve.

then fucking help god dammit you youngfag

I'm a fucking horrible tort lawyer user. I have no chance at all and unironically hate the work. Otherwise I'd have played along the entire time and taken over the firm. I won't make it that way. At heart I'm a NEET who got lucky on the LSAT and have coasted ever since.

Also the old man has agreed to pay 50% and there are laws in play that prevent me from wheeling and dealing on tort fees as it affects my clients. My name is still on the pleadings.

I cannot coerce the old man to pay a percentage of a fee that doesn't exist yet. After the fact I can coerce him to pay of course given our written agreement upon which I relied to my detriment working for peanuts for years.

Please note I am presently drinking straight liquor on a ketogenic diet and will probably be drunk as fuck in about 30 minutes. In the event that I become less cogent I request that more weight be given to my earlier comments.

Can't you just demand/sue for the money once the fee is actually paid then? If you're owed money then you can get that money. A judge would pierce the shit out of any veil, but I presume it's a proprietorship which means you can just sue him directly whenever he receives the money.

Am I misunderstanding your situation?

yes, you are understanding the situation correctly. the problem is that the case could take another year or longer to resolve, and i'm going broke and missing out on a lot of cheap crypto right now. the goal is to persuade him to pay me less money now.

I think you should just wait it out. You wouldn't want to go all in on crypto anyways. That money can keep you out of the poor-house forever, and subsidize you as you try to find a job you enjoy. You're still young, you'll have plenty of time to get rich in crypto. Plus if you take that 1 mil and put it in a very safe account which earns 5% a year, you'll still be earning 50k which is more than enough to live like a NEET forever, or transition into a better job. I would honestly just play the waiting game; your plan seems too risky.

the fee will only be about 500-700K but i see your point. the case itself is worth probably 3M total and i split 40% of that fee

sadly i'm genuinely running out of money (literally fucking 2K in my bank account man) and the only training i have involves a type of work in which you don't get paid until a case settles. average case takes 6 months to settle.

it's arguably wiser for me to try to get money on the front end, invest half, and live like a NEET for a few years off the rest

*for clarity: i take 50% of 40% of roughly 3M

I go to a top five law school

rest in pepperoni kid

Explain nicely you want to remain working with him and an advance on what is due would be evidence of good faith on both parts.

If no deal can be reached quickly you have no alternative but to parachute t a rival firm taking the deal with you and they will enforce it. Voila

We haven't spoken in months user. I've already quit long ago. There is no chance I'd work with him at this point.

Parachuting to a rival firm means basically getting trapped in a job I hate for a very long time. The contract can be enforced as-is just by me alone.

I didn't know such a field existed user. I'm about to get my BS at a high level Engineering school in the midwest. I've been loving working with Ethereum and working on derivative based smart contracts. Should I go for Financial Engineering? Do you enjoy it?

Can't you pick up some shitty paralegal-tier job for a bit until you get your money? Otherwise you might try having him give you half of what he owes now and then paying 45% in installments over the next 5-10 years. He'll think he's winning by saving that 5%; plus you can entice him with taking the monthly payments, if he invests that money it will be able to accrue more.

Don’t know what my IQ is, but I feel like it’s pretty solid

solid idea with the installments. i'll think about that. thanks for the help user. post your eth address and if i make it in a few years i'll tip you for your help.

Really? An Attorney doesn't know when to hire an attorney? 2/10 LARP.

>drinking something with as much sugar as soda
>ketogenic

I've never used crypto before, so hopefully this is the right thing to give you. 6faa3e1ea0c1e1cb3f94e751661ef9327d861aec9efe84f1cac365db3f9cd021

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

user that is your private key, anybody who has it can access your wallet...

PhD here.