Is cutting the cheese he best way to lose weight?

Is cutting the cheese he best way to lose weight?

On average people who eat cheese weigh less than those who don't, so no

it helped me drop a ton of weight

Eating less calories than you burn is the best way to lose weight

Eat a low protein, low fat, high carb diet. You will lose weight.

I don't think I've ever heard of someone being overweight because of cheese.

The biggest change most people would benefit from would be cutting refined sugar out of their diets and exercising just a tad more.

Eat a low carb low fat low protein diet and you will lose weight better

Cheese is pretty bad since it's high in saturated fat (60-70% of dairy fat is sat, meats are ~30%). Saturated fat promotes ectopic fat storage, saturated fat is also the least satiating fat among the fats.

I guess, if you are pic related

sup Lustig

Depends. Good cheese you only need a grating to give the flavor. Shit cheap cheese you need like ten slices as equivalent. So buy better cheese and not that kraft cheez shit. Generally the macros on cheese aren't great, but you're using it in (presumably) small portions so who cares.

Eat less and move more, fatty.

There are plenty of ways to get fat without eating sugary junk food. There are plenty of fat rich people who don't eat sweets or McDonald's.

>the biggest change most people would benefit from
>b-but there are exceptions!

No shit. But the fact of the matter is that refined sugar in everyday items that are considered normal (soda being a huge culprit) are typically the main reasons people get over weight without realizing it, and I'd put getting no exercise as number 2.

Fad diets that try to rearrange the distribution of macro-nutrients in an attempt to lose weight are retarded as fuck. Start by cutting out, or at least down on, empty calories, get off the couch occasionally, and you will lose weight.

I'd say lack of exercise is number one, since it effects an overwhelming majority of obese people, compared to sugar, for which the majority isn't quite so overwhelming.

cutting carbs is

potatoes and rice are peasant food

meats and veggies is the way to go

It can really go either way. When people start exercising a little and realize that they've felt like shit for so long that they forgot what normal feels like, they usually start looking at their diet in an effort not to negate the effects of exercise.

Nonetheless, for something that isn't a drastic lifestyle change, cutting out sugar would probably be the more effective way for people to lose weight with minimal effort.

You get fat because all humans are lactose intolerant post infancy. Use dairy sparingly.

cut out sugar
eat less calories

only 2 things that matter

>all humans are lactose intolerant post infancy

uh

no

>all humans are lactose intolerant post infancy

It's bad bait and you should feel bad.

In many first world countries enjoying cheese is considered a reason to protect your health and grow old, so that you can continue to enjoy the nicer things in life, such as good cheese. I'm sorry it gives you a bellyache or whatever.

It's a good start. Cheese is calorie dense, a "healthy" serving of cheese is 1 oz, which isn't much.
I love cheese SO MUCH, but I eat it very rarely, maybe twice a month, because it's very hard to just eat 1 ounce of cheese, unless you're just putting a single slice on a sandwich or on your plate, whatever.

But you also need to look at how much other fat and high carb foods you're eating and pare those down. When I was overweight, the way I got it off was by eating mainly vegetables, fruits, and lean meats, and skipping most carbs (with a few exceptions like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, and whole grain rice), and paring my fats down. The only dairy I ate was using fat free half and half in my morning tea, and I filled a couple of small spray bottles with avocado oil and rice bran oil to use when cooking so I didn't over do the oils.
All that plus walking at least 10,000 steps (about 5 miles) a day and lifting weights 3 times a week and I dropped 30 pounds easily. But you have to realize it's a lifestyle change, it's not a "diet".

*tips pseudo-science* no, its really simple check it out: burn more calories than you put in. I'm doing it right now. it's really easy

>low protein
Why in the world would you do that?

Sorry that you're black, user.

> We love you Mr. Methane because you cut the cheese whenever you please

Lack of exercise is not number one. There are plenty of populations that rarely or never exercise and don't even do physical labor and they are still lean as fuck due to diet. Exercise only counteracts whatever damage diet is already doing.

The main reason people are fat is actually excess dietary fat, especially from animal sources and extracted plants fats, and not sugar. Almost all "sugary junk food", with the exception of soda, is not in fact "sugary" but fatty. And soda does not contribute a significant amount of calories to the Western diet compared to other types of junk food (high-fat junk food that is).

Most of you anti-sugar clowns would probably fail to name a single junk food item that is high in sugar, low in fat, commonly consumed and not liquid. It helps to keep in mind that an item that is 50% sugar and 50% fat has 70% calories coming from fat and only 30% calories coming from carbohydrates.

>most of you anti-sugar clowns would probably fail to name a single junk food item that is high in sugar, low in fat

First of all, other than soda, nobody even mentioned junk food, unless you consider anything loaded with refined sugars to be junk food. Second, if you are just talking about junk food you can't be serious. What is 95% of all candy? It sure as fuck isn't primarily fats.

why do you believe this?
where would you even find someone saying this other than Veeky Forums?

Most candy actually consumed is fat and chocolate-based candy (M&Ms etc.), which is 50% calories from fat, therefore high-fat. It is particularly ironic that the anti-sugar "documentary" Fed Up has M&Ms on its cover. Other popular "high-carb" foods that are high-fat foods are donuts, burgers, cake, cookies, pizza, sandwiches, etc.

Pure sugar candy and refined sugar have been widely available and consumed even a hundred years ago and way before and never led to obesity. Of course there are other examples throughout history of sugar in large quantities having no ill effects (torrone/nougat, fat-free caramel, dried fruits, sugar being used as a preservative in general etc.)