What is the worst dining experience you had and why? Can be anywhere fast food,chain, mom and pop fancy restaurant etc...

What is the worst dining experience you had and why? Can be anywhere fast food,chain, mom and pop fancy restaurant etc....

I had to spend a week in shitcago near the west loop

I went out for italian food and they gave me basically boiled spaghetti with tomato sauce dumped on top. the wine list was appalling california garbage. as an appetizer I got some really shitty toasted bread that tasted like it came out of a plastic bag, they put garlic powder and butter melted over it

another time, I went out for sushi and literally the only thing edible was the unagi. I can see why midwesterns go crazy over unagi - it must be the only thing they don't have to pretend to like when they get japanese food.

>boiled spaghetti

How else do you cook it?

Both experiences were with hamburgers from Chinese restaurants.

>in Maryland for work
>didn't have a car
>hotel restaurant closed
>only pizza or Chinese delivery
>saw Chinese could deliver hamburger
>order it
>hamburger comes on a hoagie bun
>2 patties, each chopped in half to fit
>easily half a cup of grease soaking the hoagie
>cabbage instead of lettuce

Next one

>in Hawaii for work
>college wants Chinese for lunch
>go to KCL BBQ on Kauai
>Chinese but serves "local" food
>look at menu
>see hamburgers
>hamburgers are generally safe in Hawaii because moco loco
>order one
>take one bite
>the meat was so far gone I'm surprised it wasn't green
>spit out bite into my napkin
>go hungry

You definitely don't put your dogshit mushroom sauce on it

This has to be fucking bait.

how about you stop trying to get American food a Chinese place you moron.

California has some great wines. You're probably going to age into one of those red-stained teeth fagets when you get older.

A hamburger is the easiest dish to cook. Literally the only requirement is the beef can't be rotten. You think their Chinese food is going to be any better when they don't even know how to keep track of their beef's use-by date?

if they specialize in Chinese food why would they give a shit about their burgers. The only reason they have them is so that they can get money from people like you.

I see someone's never been to Hawaii. Chinese places serve local food, one of which is loco moco, which is literally just a hamburger patty on top of rice, then covered with gravy.

Get traveled, pleb.

Funny cause I have family in Hawaii yet I've never been. I was referring to your Maryland trip, you sprite sippin lil nigga.

Yeah i was young and inexperienced. The second one in Hawaii should have been fine.

You should be grateful though. My suffering brought you literally the worst food ever created, the steamed hoagie hamburger with cabbage.

>leave texas
>order iced tea
>fucking sugar
>sugar in iced tea
I bet the food was fine, but I could not taste it and don't remember it

Southerners' 'beetus doesn't just happen on its own. They gotta work for it.

My dad and I went to New York last year on a little vacation. I really wanted to try one of those fancy ramen places because I've only had the instant stuff but when we went into the restaurant the waiters were really rude and started yelling at us in Japanese so we left. My dad was pissed

>waiters were really rude and started yelling at us in Japanese
Japs are pretty polite. You must have done something.

>Go to BBQ place
>Order half a slab of ribs and a small portion of brisket
>Ribs so dry I yank out one of my teeth trying to tear into the meat
>Brisket's outside is as hard as charcoal but the inside is wet and raw....
>BBQ sauce is sickly sweet
>Tell the waiter the food sucks
>Owner comes out and sees the quality of the food and apologizes
>Before I leave he gives me a free sunday
>Eat half the sunday
>Tastes pretty good
>Get to the middle of the sunday and the sunday starts tasting like vinegar
>Mix the rest of the ice cream around
>Stick my nose in the sunday
>STRAIGHT FUCKING VINEGAR

WHAT THE FUCK DID THIS FUCKER TRY TO POISON ME OR WAS HE WAS JUST AN IDIOT HOW THE FUCK YOU GET VINEGAR INTO YOUR SUNDAY?

I don't know what we could have done because we literally walked in the door and the waitstaff turned, looked at us, and started screaming at us. It was fucking weird

Are you black?

some jap places greet you like that, maybe it was an izakaya

This is your own fault and I have no sympathy for you. You walked right into his trap.

vinegar was probably the least of ur worries of what was in there

They were saying welcome to you, fucking retard. It's a common thing in izakayas and sometimes ramen houses and sushi bars.

Went to cracker barrel cause friend wanted breakfast. Ordered a medium rare steak, the right half was well done and the left half was rare. Or
Went to my wife's favorite Mexican restaurant (met her in Tucson she grew up here) my chile relleno was stuffed with flavorless mozzarella and they used a green bell pepper, and I could mash a cup of grease out of it with a fork.

Apple bees gave me food poisoning so bad that I had to go to the hospital and go on an IV.

Called food safety in to inspect the restaurant. Heard nothing back.

>food poisoning so bad that I had to go to the hospital and go on an IV.
Had that experience the first time I ate at a Korean restaurant. And it wasn't some hole in the wall, either, it's the most popular Korean place in my city.
I love all kinds of food, but I still haven't gone to another Korean restaurant since then. I felt like I was dying.

I had this seafood dish and could taste shrimp for like 18 hours even after puking 10 times.

Have not had shrimp since.

>go to a Denny's because we were going somewhere today but too lazy to eat breakfast at home
>everyone working at this Denny's is black
>get seated
>that's it
>never get a waiter to ask for drinks, or a menu handed to us

we just said fuck it and left.

the broccoli cheese soup at ruby tuesdays i was forced to eat at. there was nothing soup about it, it was straight up cheese and broccoli and salt in a bowl, completely inedible.

>go to Village Inn
>everybody in our group who had eggs got food poisoning
>the one guy who got a burger was fine
Not 'tee hee I feel a little urpy' or 'i had the runs 12-24 hours later,' the 'the only thing I am capable of is laying down, drinking ginger ale, and contemplating suicide' kind of food poisoning. I'm glad I've only had to go through that once.
The only time I'll have undercooked eggs is if me, a friend, or a member of my family makes them.

One restaurant while vacationing in London.
Ordered a spaghetti carbonara.
What i got after 40 minutes was half cooked Spaghetti (crunchy centre, not "al dente") with bechamel sauce (exact taste and colour of shit in cartons you dump on lasagna) and soggy mushrooms.
No Parmesan, no bacon not even any pepper.

Went to a fancy french restaurant, ordered and didnt get any food. Im super patient and dont even get mad or anything if the wait is somewhat alright, but we didnt get a single apology/free appetizer/drink whatever in 3 hours of waiting. After we asked for the bill 3 times and didnt get it we just left

This is true

Please be bait.

I decided to make a chilli to last me a few weeks.
I never cooked so much as a soup before.
I cried.

It's not bait we went to pic related instead

thats pretty funny... everytime I go out to breakfast with the senpai to village inn I have to shit once I get in the car. Damn diner eggs :)

>senpai
Faggot

>wordfilter
Faggot

all denny's are shit man both in food and service

>get takeout from local pizza place
>order chicken parm dinner and eggplant for bf
>guy gives me: slice of plain pizza, sausage roll, and zuppa di pesce
>drive back and ask for correct order
>guy fucks up 3 MORE TIMES
>end up eating the 4 free zuppa di pesces over the week

Your own fault for trying to get a burger from a Chinese restaurant, fuckwad

Why did you need a bill if you didn't get any food? Why did you sit there for three hours?

>saying nigger words because of the unfunny forced meme in the first place

>>cabbage instead of lettuce

that cracked me up for some reason... i can see the orientals building a sandwich that looks like a hamburger, but has no earthly hamburger ingredients at all.

i live in southern oklahoma. we have an eye-talian restaurant owned by real eye-talians. they have a chicken fried steak on the menu, but i've been too chicken shit to order it. they've been in the area for a while now, so it might be awesome. but it also might be complete shit compared to what i'm expecting. it should be good, since it's close to a chicken parm, without the chicken or the parm.

were they saying "irrasshaimase"?
lmao i bet the only japanese dining experience you've had were sushi places run by chinese people and maruchan noodle blocks

>flyover detected

could've been worse my man

Sweet tea is pretty common in Texas as well, we just ask sweet or unsweet. Parts of the south just assume you want sweet and it's like fucking syrup. Same thing with cornbread. Lots of places in the south put so much fucking sugar in cornbread it's like eating a slice of cake.

>go to philly
>host takes us to some foo foo faggot restaurant
>order light sandwich lunch
>waitress asks what to drink
>tell her i'll have tea - middle of day, pretty warm and sunny out
>brings back tiny tea kettle filled with hot greasy green tea
>wtf do i do with this
>ask waitress if i can have a diet coke instead
>looks at me like i just shit on her dyke bullfriend

seriously, it was philly. city of bro man love, cheese steaks and black on black crime. it's not wot wot bloody old england. what the shit did they serve me?

Weeb detected. Let me guess, studying to be a swordsmith?

The one I used to go to had great service.

>weeb detected
Says the guy posting nip, pedophile cartoons.

>follow local chef
>discover he does a yakitori pop-up every so often with unlimited food/drinks
>buy tickets way in advance
>get into dispute at work and lose job a week before event
>go to pop-up with girl anyway since I already paid for it

We arrive at the place and I was expecting a closed restaurant where the space is being shared but I literally walked into this dude's house. After hanging out a bit and eating and drinking I come to find out that 90% of the people there all know each other and none of them were making any effort to be friendly or inclusive. It was like showing up uninvited. We hung out, had some good wine and food and mostly kept to ourselves until my fucking ex boss walked in and apparently knew everyone there as well. That was all I needed to convince me to just leave, 175$ down the drain. Food was great though.

Man what is with you fags, always with the food poisoning. I've never heard of anyone I know getting it and seems people who get it are just little saps.
"I ate there, my stomach hurts. It must be food poisoning"

I don't mean to offend, forgive my ignorance, but is it really that common to get food poisonings?
As a kid I've eaten out of dumpsters, floors, my house, fast food, some fine restaurants, nothing from either one. Worst case scenario was my stomach hurt from eating a greasy (just too min meat) sandwich from a Mexican place but it was over in an hour.

>go to New Orleans
>go to French Quarter
>go to this shithole called Frank's
>Waitress is pushy, gets father to order alcohol he doesn't want
>We get artichoke dip as appetizer
>fucking microwaved dogshit
>Order oyster po' boy
>only one bite in, tastes rancid
>fries are bland
>didn't dare take another bite of po' boy for fear of food posioning
>most of us don't finish our shitty meals
>spent $200
>we leave $10 or so on the table for the tip
>later in the day, looking at receipt
>they automatically calculated a 20% gratuity and didn't tell us
And that's why we don't let mom choose where we eat in tourism-centric cities anymore.

>Sunday

are you meming?

That's what you get for London. It's shitty tourist shit or hipster meme places

Both charging a fortune

sounds awful senpai

being cucked this hard