How come almost all Italian food in the USA uses the same sauce and cheese for each dish?

How come almost all Italian food in the USA uses the same sauce and cheese for each dish?

Maybe because you always eat the same three italian dishes.

Don't take the piss out of me bruv. If I go to my local Italian eatery there's several dishes that use the exact same sauce and melted cheese.

You're not from the US.

Bruv? No way youre american, dude. Dont bother trying to understand us, just live with it.

Thank god I wasn't raised in the US otherwise I'd be stupid like you two.

>gets called out for not being american
>"haha, you're both stupid because what you said was correct! stupid, stupid americans!"

Fuck off, shitposter.

No, you're stupid because of your shitty education system.

When Southern Italian immigrants arrived in the US in the early 1900's they couldn't easily get olive oil, many familiar vegetables or cheeses like they had at home. But they sure as fuck could get cheap ground beef, canned tomatoes and plenty of cheap cow's milk to make mozzarella and ricotta. They established pasta factories and built a chunk of their immigrant cuisine around that.

Well done user

> Italian food
>bolognese sauce
>ragu sauce
>mozzarella
>parmesan
>american

They did a good job, wouldn't you say?

The fuck are you trying to say?

Yeah even shitty Italian food isn't all that bad.
He thinks we are saying those are american. He has autism so go easy user.

That shit looks good, what is it? Olive loaf or something?

Looks like a calzone to me. Stuffed bread basically.

That was my next guess. Looks delicious!

/p/ here, had to do this. looks tasty as fuck.

'

Well, that depends rather on what you consider 'good'. American Italian is a pretty debased version of the original, like most American cuisine it relies on shitloads of sugar, salt, and cheap proteins. There's not really any art or refinement to it, its main virtue is quantity, not quality.

>tasty as fuck

Some interesting blood test results you got there

wow that's some nice italian style 'go 'za

>implying a single spice will make a difference
Hush up and suck this freedom tendie sweetie.

Because in America you can get Italian, French, German, Mexican, Caribbean, Ethiopian, Czech, Lebanese, Chinese, Thai, and Japanese food any goddamn time you want for minimal effort. The trade-off is that you get like three dishes total from each.

Jack of all, master of none.

I think they did a great job. American style lasagne and baked ziti are fantastic celebration dishes. American style pizza and pasta dishes are probably more popular worldwide than Italian. They popularized the sub/hoagie sandwich in it's modern form, both hot (meatball parm, chicken parm, sausage and peppers, Italian beef) and cold (Italian colt cut combo). They introduced Americans to fried calamari and came up with the idea of mozzarella sticks. They introduced us to herbs like fresh basil and flat leaf parsley, helped popularize garlic and are a big part of the reason olive oil has become a primary cooking fat here.

But as a cuisine that developed in 20th Century America it suffered from the same set of ills all American cuisine of the period did. Industrialized farming took the seasonality out of it. A range of vegetable dishes got replaced by token generic salads. Excessive use of cheese became a thing. The more humble, everyday dishes were rejected in the postwar boom in favor of very rich meals celebrating postwar excess. But the end of the 20th Century Italian American cuisine, like much of American cuisine had turned into fat people food.

So I understand why some are prejudiced against it.

It might not be real italian but I love eggplant parm. Smothered in cheese and sauce and lightly fried. Actually panko is superior to breading. Shit I need to make me some...

I know what OP means, but I love that cheese and sauce so it's good with me. If I had no dignity I would heat a jar of sketti sauce and drink it like soup.

The only other common sauce is that nasty alfredo that would make your arteries clog within 3 minutes.

>eggplant parm
That actually is a real Southern Italian dish. Making it with chicken instead of eggplant is Italian American.

Is whining about americans all aussies and eurofags do all day?

Because domino's doesn't count as Italian food.

>Local Italian eatery
In America?
American Italians are not real Italians.
American Italian cuisine is not Italian cuisine.

>

seems like it doesnt it?

Think about it. Australian kids get home from school right when the mods go to sleep. They are literally raised in a world of unchecked, unmoderated shitposting, and think it's completely normal.

It just goes to show that moderation doesn't stifle creativity, but that the complete lack of moderation just creates a black hole of endless reposts and lowest common denominator garbage.

If they step outside they get charged congestion tax in relation to how long they have been outside.

Also if they look like they are having too much fun they get charged for that too because it is not halal

Huh. I've had both and aubergine is superior. Well, good. Do they make it any differently? I'd assume actual fresh basil, less cheese, and better quality sauce.

>Italian American cuisine
>It's all using tomato sauce
>Their tomato sauce is basically ketchup: the cuisine
>Children tier tastes as they cannot stomach anything else that isn't drenched in tomato product
>It's using all the same cheese
>Every dish is basically like the previous with slight little twists here and there
>Americans get upset if you call them out on this copy pasta bullshit they grew up on

You know REAL Italian cuisine has variety to it right?

>it's an "old world mexico thinks its relevant" post

I'll take 'no true Scottsman' for 5000

>implying it isn't valid at times
No true scottsman only really works when addressing ideology and belief.

Why are foreigners so fucking retarded and obsessed with the US? The US has the most diverse food in the world hands down.

>and think it's completely normal

Well in those circumstances it is normal. In the circumstance that the mods are awake t is not normal.

Normality differs all the time.

To me it is normal to get my fish on the beach when the fishing boat comes in to deliver to the nearby hotel. And to me and everyone else that same day Atlantic fresh caught yellow fin tuna or dolphin fish (mahi-mahi to you americans) or mackerel costs $2.40 a lb.

That is totally normal

>mfw people gave me shit for calling it mahi-mahi
>mfw they tried to tell me it was dolphin
Shut the fuck up, there's already an animal named dolphin.

Amerifag here. I cant believe there is actual faggots denying this shit.
>Italian "cuisine"
Tomato sauce
mozzerella cheese
Put it on breaded meat, or with pasta
shitty salads
>Pizza
is great. but they do the same shit with that
>calzone
>breadsticks
>meat rolls
>pepperonni wheels
>stromboli
It's pizza in different forms. For fucks sakes
OP you right. Fuck these jabronis

>tfw from hawaii and will always call "dolphinfish" mahi-mahi, and "flip-flops" slippers, and "head lice" ukus

This board about food, explaining how's food is made =/= claming to be relevant. Your bait is very weak.

So you live somewhere with nothing but shitty Italian themed chain restaurants. So what?

How*

I can literally walk out my front door and in less than an hour hook any of those fish, 10 minutes for the mackerel. What does this have to do with the US?

Hello flyover kid

>normal

Because it is normal in my country that fish is never found in a super market and you have to either go out and catch it or buy it straight off a fishing boat.

What is normal for most Americans is to find fish in a fish market or a supermarket.

Normality

Like it is normal for some one to be seen driving with a beer in their hand but that is not the case in the US. Normal for someone to ride in the back of a pickup but again not the case in the US.

Do you understand what I mean by what is and isn't normal is all circumstantial and regional.

autism

Mahi-mahi is a pacific term. Dolphin fish is for us Atlantic folk. Been calling it dolphin fish all my life and never heard the word mahi said twice redundantly once right after the other until an American university opened up here and we had people constantly blowing fuses and making scenes at restaurants.

Autism or actually being able to open my eyes and realize that idea of "normal" doesn't have to originate from some basement in an American suburb

What the fuck are you talking about no american in this thread has been asserting that their sense or normality is universal, you just replied to a post posing the idea that maybe aussies are used to shitposting because the hours when they post here there's a chance of less moderation. What the fuck does that have to do with your "normal" in regards to how you aquire fish? I don't get it. Fuck off.

I live in New York. Nothing but Italian and Pizza joints every 5 fucking feet.
Well meme'd my friend. How bout you provide examples little boi?

So because your only experience of Italian food is Italian American you assume all Italian food bears a close resemblance to Italian American? Do you think they eat General Tso's chicken and fortune cookies in China, too? Or they put French dressing on their salads in France? Or they drink Corona while celebrating Cinco de Mayo in Mexico? And in Ireland everyone eats corned beef and cabbage on St Paddy's Day?

Pull your head out of your ass.

You've obviously never been to any of the Italian ones, just the Italian American ones. So I'm guessing you live in the suburbs, not the city.

I guess the no true scotsman fallacy would fail to apply when talking about scotsmen then?

I've been to em all. Does not change the fact that most of them sell the same horseshit. How bout some reading comprehension. For every "real" Italian joint there's 400 American ones. Fuck is wrong with your brain? Burbs? Been there many times, and it's the same shit on smaller scale.

Aubergine parmigiana is the Italian name for it, and yes it's fucking delicious

Of course Italian American food is going to be popular in the place where it pretty much started just over a century ago. It's popularity here is a good chunk of the reason the rest of the country (and the world) knows about it.

But to claim Italian American food bears much resemblance to Umbrian, Tuscan, Sardinian or Piedmont cuisine is really a fucking stretch. This leads me to believe that as far as NY Italian restaurants go you have not "been to them all", because if you had you wouldn't claim they sell the same horseshit.

>1 authentic for every 400 family style
So for every 1 actual italian restaurant there are 400 American ones. (exaggerated numbers of course) So to say that most/all Italian joints are the same is actually truthful.
D- for reading comprehension
Yep it sure is summer.

You're classifying Italian and Italian American as the same thing. My point is they are not. There are plenty of pizza and red sauce joints in NY. Those are not Italian restaurants. They are Italian American restaurants.

If you're going to be that loos with you're terminology you may as well call all Latin Caribbean restaurants in town "Spanish food", like the old schoolers do, completely ignoring the fact that there are very many actual Spanish restaurants in town, too.

So they are Italian, and also yes we call it all Spanish food. even though Spain is on the other side of the planet. You knit picking fuck. I bet you think there is more than 2 genders too.
Bye felicia

Stop eating the same shit all the time.

America has a lot of best universities in the world. Stay mad.

Yes. Not a day goes by where they don't obsess.

And the Korean run sushi joint where you get California and Spider rolls is Japanese too, right? Or is it Chinese because they all look the same to you?

Playing dumb is fun when trolling, but I'm having a hard time believing you could actually be this stupid.

Have you never heard of Alfredo sauce? You're pretty ignorant.

It doesn't work. That's why it's a fallacy.

Face it. He blew you the fuck out.

To be fair, the top schools are typically half full with the smartest people from other countries who went there to get a proper education.

On the flip side, that means that educated Americans probably know more about different cultures' foods than the average village dwelling yuropoor, because they often lived with them throughout their college years, even if they haven't traveled (which most have).

In terms of ignorance there can be no doubt.

So the restaurant has to buy in only one set of ingredients for 4/5th's of their hot entrees.

wow, shit sure escalated quickly, and only about italian food, I'm italian and I don't give a shit about how other countries eat italian shit, well, we don't have only tomatoes based food but many others, problem is, americans love their tomatoes

Still looks pretty good.