Food confession threads

Food confession threads

I didn't know how to eat a baked potato until I was the age of 23. I came from a very Asian family so I never came across it. I've heard of it before, but didn't really understand what to do with it or how to eat it. For example, I didn't know if you ate the peel and all and cut it in slices or not.

>cut it into slices
Now that's just autism, of course you could but why would it matter? You could eat pizza whole if you want. I get not knowing if the skin is edible but you are kinda silly.

Sorry for your misfortune OP.
Here, have 4 potatoes.

I've never had a Bánh mì, Pho, or anything Vietnamese before.

What is the proper way to make a baked potato anyway?

pho is pretty good

The best bahn mi has pork ear and paté

Pho is just a meme.

>stab potato
>put in oven
Have you never cooked anything before? Of course you can add oil and salt to the skin beforehand if you want, and any toppings afterwards, but it's about as complicated as it sounds.

The mayo is important too. The best ones are the ones where they make the mayo in house.

I can tell immediately when they don't make the mayo themselves.

Okay, that's how I did it too, minus the stabbing. What does that do? I put a light coating of olive oil on it as well.

microwave

I presume it let's steam escape the potato flesh while baking. If you were baking sweet potatoes it would also prevent them from exploding from the buildup of vapor pressure.

I fucking love Chinese buffets, they're my favorite restaurants to eat at. I would go to one every week if I could.

Fucking this.

I spend a lot of my time cooking and working to improve my skills but I'm honestly not that into food. I think I mostly do it to impress other people.

I am 23 and I don't know either, user.

I didn't understand how delicious steak was until I turned 22.

My family had always ordered them well done with Heinz 57. I really didn't understand the hype because it was so tough and dry.

Now I love it. I order medium. I'm working up to medium rare. I don't think I could ever order it rare, though.

I would like them more if the meat they served wasn't shitty

I love instant ramen and could eat it every day.

I have a very low bar for edibility. I've literally never eaten food that I did not enjoy. And i enjoy everything in pretty much every combination. E.g., my girlfriend was a bit disgusted when I mixed together salsa, tomato sauce, turmeric tofu scramble, spaghetti, dirty rice, black olives, mustard, peanuts, frozen grapes and seaweed flakes and ate it with a fork. I was high, in my defense, but I thought it was perfectly good. It's all the same coming out, amiright?

Holy shit, me too. I only ever go with my parents, and I know that none of my friends would ever enjoy it. Or they'd get food poisoning because they're not as used to shitty food as I am

>I was high
dude

Never had 'go 'za before. Just plain old 'za.

Likewise. The one I go to has this coconut chicken, it's far from good but it hits my palate just right.

>I was high
come on, man. why tell the story?

They vary HIGHLY in quality, but when you find a good Chinese buffet it's the fuckin best.

I prefer to eat bananas (and many other types of fruit) with a fruit knife and fork.

In fact I don't eat any food where you bite off chunks. I think it looks unappealing. If it can't be eaten with cutlery and can't be eaten in a single bite I don't eat it.

I only (rarely) make exceptions out of politeness.

Mom caught me fucking a leftover Quarter Pounder once.

If it's already on a plate I eat it with cutlery, but this is pretty ridiculous. You dirty a bunch of dishes for a banana?

Sure, why not.

Plates exist to be used, not to sit in a cupboard.

I only started using garlic and onion powder this year.

I was shrugging until the grapes. What the fuck, man.

first time I had sushi I ate a big wad of pickled ginger because I did not know it was a condiment. The chef looked at me with disgust as I downed a mouthful of what was akin to drinking straight ketchup

Oh dear.

OH DEAR.

I've never added water to condensed chicken noodle soup.

I hate cheese

This user is salty as fuck

Ha

Absolutely disgusting.

I know exactly what you feel mate

And of course every fucking dish in every restaurant and cookbook has cheese all over it, I half expect the waiter to grind parmesan into my drink when I'm not looking

It tastes like shit, it's just extra calories and it smells fucking awful

The one by my place is so fucking good holy shit, and they do takeout too so I can load up a Styrofoam container and its like, 6 or 7 bucks a pound. Mind you they serve fried scallops, shaved steak and all manner of good shit.

I try to be kind and limit how much of the expensive stuff I take but it's still such a great deal and goddamn is it delicious. I eat there probably 3 times a week, a good tub of grub gets me through my night shifts.

Bacteria doesn't get any deeper than the surface, so as long as the outside is seared you can have it as rare as you like.

If it's the bacteria that's bugging you, don't worry about it. Rare is the best way to have it.

If you use the microwave exclusively then yes, soggy spuds. But a couple minutes in micro before moving to regular oven reduces cook time substantially with no difference in the end.

How much food can you get for a pound? I've thought about getting takeout from buffets but I have no idea if it's a better deal than just paying a couple more dollars for all-you-can-eat.

Honestly, quite a bit. I'm 6'3" and have a physically demanding job and dropping about 11 dollars into a tub of chinese food is enough to feed me 3 times over, to give you an idea. Definitely worth the cash.

Obviously, depends on what you buy and what place you buy from but this place is down the street and it spoils the shit out of me.

Go get some right now. I managed to spend the first 24 years of my life (in Seattle, no less) without ever trying it, but a friend got me to give it a shot, it changed my life.