Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/440659-is-egg-a-brain-food/
authoritynutrition.com/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs/
webmd.com/diet/good-eggs-for-nutrition-theyre-hard-to-beat
fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-cant-trust-what-you-read-about-nutrition/
livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html
greatist.com/eat/healthy-fats-best-foods-for-brain-health
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you need cholesterol to build testosterone.

you wanna be high test, don't you?

>eating eggs makes you like fat chicks

I eat 2 hard boiled eggs a day for 5 days a week

AMA

The properly designed, tightly controlled studies show them to be unhealthy when eaten excessively (>6/week). Poorly designed studies funded by the egg industry tend to show no association. The primary health concern of eggs is the dietary cholesterol. If you already consume a shitload of animal products and have high blood cholesterol, an additional egg isn't going to make a huge difference, you're killing yourself either way. If you consume one egg a day and fewer other animal products, you're still under the generally recommended limits for dietary cholesterol. You really see the difference when you take people on a healthy diet with low dietary and blood cholesterol and force-feed them eggs, their blood cholesterol goes up. It's even stronger on diabetics though, due to additional metabolic anomalies.

HIGH TEST

Okay, how nasty are your farts? If I eat too many hard boiled eggs mine get fucking rancid

What about leaving out the yolk and only having the white?

Seems incredibly pointless since it's very expensive. Whole eggs aren't a good source of protein anyway (66% calories from fat (including 33 from satfat), 33% from protein), and egg whites are the minority of the weight. If you are simply looking for good quality protein, casein is much cheaper and dairy doesn't have to be cooked so it's more convenient and versatile too

Citation needed motherfucker

dad?

Eggs are really high in vitamin B2 aka Riboflavin. Eggs also contain healthy fats that help sustain healthy brain function. A person of a healthy weight can eat up to 2 eggs a day without any adverse effects to your health.

But like most things for those who are overweight and obese, you might want to consider substitutes for your diet.

Here's some citation :
>livestrong.com/article/440659-is-egg-a-brain-food/

>authoritynutrition.com/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs/

>webmd.com/diet/good-eggs-for-nutrition-theyre-hard-to-beat

Sounds like a vegan.

I just suggested to use dairy as a superior form of protein, I'm not sure how that would be compatible with veganism.

Eggs are 33% calories from saturated fat which is among the worst fatty acid configurations in all animal foods. Nobody except strict vegans has to worry about riboflavin, deficiency is practically unheard of.

AuthorityNutrition is a known pro-fat anti-carb anti-vegan paleo shill site.

why?

citation plz

Yes son?

>fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-cant-trust-what-you-read-about-nutrition/

You will die a painful, AIDs related death if you eat even one.

I keep finding studies that say otherwise.

Its also important to note that consuming some fats aid our bodies in absorbing fat soluble vitamins and actually help brain function.

>livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html

>greatist.com/eat/healthy-fats-best-foods-for-brain-health

Im eating eggs rigjt now, plz post more

You aren't finding studies, you're finding Buzzfeed tier websites that are cherrypicking studies based on the abstract

Not them, but one time I ate nothing but eggs in ramen for a week straight and my farts were fucking disgusting, near vomit inducing bad. My ex was livid.

doesn't this depend on how you cook the egg too? like clearly a boiled egg will be better for you than a fried one.

use olive oil instead of butter when frying eggs

That doesn't have anything to do with what I posted though. We already know the mechanics behind dietary cholesterol, so it has nothing to do with "spurious correlations". "Spurious correlations" are in the poorly designed cohort studies that fish for correlations or lack thereof. What a stupid response.

I never said to consume no fats, but plant fats are superior to animal fats in most regards.

The link on LiveScience you posted is a good example of poor journalism and even poorer science. Let's take a look.

The first study it mentions is the Rong et. al. study. Ying Rong is actually a Chinese student in China, he has no finished qualifications or experience, he is not a medical doctor or established researcher and does not have a PhD or publishing experience. His study was conducted in coordination with Exponent Inc. which is an American consulting firm that carries out research for private industry (in this case, the American egg industry). Many of the studies included in the analysis are likewise funded by the egg industry, while some others are omitted.

It was published in the BMJ, which is a pay-to-publish publication in which authors can choose the people who they want to peer review their work, as well as name people who they wish to specifically exclude from peer reviewing their work. The BMJ is one of the more corrupt publications in the nutrition world, though they are many others.

It all goes down from there.

So are the pescatarians the master race?

That isn't vegan stuff, thats just basic biology.

Humans are omnivores and theres nothing wrong with eating meat, but eating a fuckload of it like most people do isn't great for you.

Why? Just based off of calories, one tablespoon of butter has 120 calories compared to olive oil which has 110. The difference is negligible.

Did you even read the thread?
>plant fats are superior to animal fats in most regards

Fine, I understand that what I posted maybe have been a "stupid response" but you're being as stupid as to post a contradictory study that poses eggs as unhealthy. I managed to do 40 minutes of searching and manage to find a few things that contradict what you're saying and you dismiss as propaganda founded by those who see and produce eggs.

Show me some research that is broadly accepted by nutritional science then since I'm so bad at finding resorces. I can take your criticism but can you find some solid studies that aren't founded by "pay to publish" sites?
Please enlighten me, user.

Ok then. Find me something that isn't a "buzzfeed tier website" that supports you egg alignment. I would really like to benefit from learning if eggs are bad for you.

Ok then. Find me something that isn't a "buzzfeed tier website" that supports your egg alignment. I would really like to benefit from learning if eggs are bad for you. Seriously.

I never said that over eating animal products would be better than plant products.
I agree with you. A balanced diet and exercise play a key part of developing a healthy lifestyle.
I'm just not convinced that consuming an egg a day is enough to ruin your health. Among other foods, eating an egg almost harmless.
Hasn't the consumption of the other foods lead to adverse effect on our health?

I usually eat 4 hard boiled eggs a day. I like them and its easy to know exactly the nutrients I am eating.

They're good as long as you remember that they have a decent amount of fat from the yolk. Meaning, you shouldn't eat 4 eggs on a buttery biscuit with bacon, cheese, and mayo while having a glass of milk for breakfast then having a fatty steak with fatty side dishes for dinner.

An omelette with a bit of cheese, some lean bread, and a side salad is pretty healthy.

But it's 'Healthy Fat' - so it's ok to eat a lot of eggs

They are extremely healthy and one of the best foods you can eat. Don't believe anyone that says otherwise.

I'm 24. 6'2 and 165lbs.

I've been eating 3 eggs for breakfast every day for the last year or two, and I eat lots of meat.

How fucked am I if I exercise regularly, and whatnot?

butter is terrible for you. olive oil has Polyunsaturated fats which are good for you. That is like saying 100 calories of candy are just as good for you as 100 calories of broccoli. Not all calories are the same that is bullshit made up to get you to buy shitty food

not bad. my protein shake farts smells worse

Patrick?

High in protein, and I like eggs.

Plsv show me ur technique for hard boiled egg

eggs are fantastic, only an issue on strict body builder diets, and even then egg whites are a miracle food.

eat as much as you want.

I like to start by adding the spices to the water. Garlic, rosemary, thyme (all fresh of course) and some salt. Then, I bring the water to a boil. Once the water is boiled, I carefully place the eggs into the water by hand. Immediately dump the water out, and let the eggs cool in the air for 10 minutes. Peel and enjoy.