Will brexit make it harder and more expensive to get Euro food/drinks...

Will brexit make it harder and more expensive to get Euro food/drinks? I really don't want to be stuck eating 5% hamburgers and drinking Fosters lager

I think yes but I can't really base my answer. Whats a 5% burger btw?

Considering that the EU dictates with whom and on what terms England can trade with, no, a Brexit will most likely in fact lead to a relaxation of trade tarifs and sanctions.

Not overtly, most food that that the U.K eats isn't grown/made in the E.U, also considering Belgium has already stated that trade with the U.K will continue pretty much unchanged after Brexit it's likely that the rest of the E.U will continue trading pretty much unchanged as well

Obscenely cheap burgers with very little meat content. I'm sure I was told once that E.U laws meant that they had to increase the amount of actual meat in these shit-discs.

This is one of the alarming prospects of leaving the EU. It's EU regulations that ensure that Cadbury's is 21% cocoa, or that something can't be called meat unless it contains a certain amount of meat. Those would be some of the first things to come under attack, and we would run the risk of becoming like America, where a producer can stick a label on any old plonk and call it Champagne.

That's not really a problem if the consumer is educated. I thought all Europeans knew everything about everything. I guess they'd be too stupid to read the back of a package.

Anyone can and should read the label

Availability is the issue

Of course it would be, dont be delusional.
UK has always been the cuck of the US, youll get fucked with a trade agreement much worse than TTIP. Also it is silly to assume things would go on without change, itll take AT LEAST 5 years to replace the ongoing tradeagreements, no matter what a small shitty country like belgium said. Ofc Britain wont get shut out, but its just a matter of politics and debating new terms,these things take time.

You think you cannot make your own trade deals?
If it comes to a brexit you have 2 years to get that shit in order. You switch from a Volkwagen card to an Audi car and pretend you cannot find the steering wheel.

Most trade deals take upwards of 5 years.

If the UK's got any sense it wouldn't leave the EU.

No, Brexit will give you a stronger economy and yoir own trade agreements. Anyone telling you otherwise is just trying to keep leeching off of your country.

Harder? No

More expensive? Probably. Depends on whether a free trade deal can be negotiated over the next few years.

Another point is the possibility of dropping EU regulations on Protected Designation of Origin. For example, this may mean UK-based "parmesan" could be labeled as such and make it more competitive with the Italian stuff. This is pretty unlikely though, since I'd imagine the UK would negotiate a free trade deal with the EU and this would be one of the conditions.

This is wrong and you should feel bad for posting it.

I'm in favour of remaining, but this honestly isn't such a big concern for me. A lot of these regulations will continue in the UK and perhaps even increase. These laws are aimed at the shit holes in eastern Europe who put God only knows what in their processed foods.

Don't worry it won't happen.

Enjoy being ruled by a non democratic tyrannical agency

If it helps, I voted out today.

I moved to Canada recently and rather ironically our head of state it the Queen. How about that?

Lmao
T. Canadian

It will actually be cheaper.

EU trade tariffs (imposed on non-EU countries) will be dropped and the value of the pound has fallen.

Get your British grub while you can

He's talking about importing food from the EU to the UK.

Will I be able to buy up tons of Nando's sauce to be shipped here in 'murrica?

>economy beef burgers
Holy shit bongs.. even if we do the same thing here, there's something to be said about marketing. Who's idea was it to call it that??

Oh no! We have to know what we are buying!
And it's not like EU regulation is fool proof. You guys still have plenty of food scandals. Regulation only works on those who are playing within the rules to begin with, and the kind of regulation you're talking about creates more homogenized markets, which is often a bad thing.

We're talking about the same country that has food products called spotted dick and pork faggots. TBF they could both be delicious, but good grief.

If you slap the word "economy" on anything in the UK, those britfags would buy it 6 times over just because they think "ots o borgoin moi8"

It's a marketing scam, they have the awful looking shit that no one would ever buy with terrible packaging for cheap, and then the same type of product with fancier packaging and an actual name and charge double for it. They even sometimes have identical contents for both versions, if you will.

There's a difference

Head of State is very different from head of government. There's still the Prime Minister doing most of the national direction.

An American style president is both and thus is a much bigger deal

the good news for us murricans who like specific british exports like marmite, it's gonna get cheaper cuz the pound nose dived

EU shills n suicide watch.

Moron.

The GBP is gonna drop right? That means I could actually afford to eat at the Fat Duck

I bought $20,000 worth of GBP (Great British Pounds, not tendie dollars) yesterday afternoon.
Also got an $89 battery off ebay for £9 dwlivered.

Eat your shorts

The EU President is not an American style president.

>The GBP is gonna drop right?

it already did. like a rock

Is that another British food item I haven't heard of?

You again.

Fuck off yank.

Yes, the American president has more democratic legitimacy.

Yes, just like "a sex life".

srry brah, not that yank, a different one laughing at your failures

It'll continue to drop if they go through with brexit, likely far more severely.

Enjoy that 1930s Germany tier economy, you guys.

just go tesco m8

>more expensive
Yes, your exchange rate is now shittier than before because of retarded pensioners
>harder
No because you will still be part of the EEA thanks to the Tories don't want to completely brick the economy

Brexit was the dumbest fucking shit your country has pulled since Churchill killed millions of Bangladeshis in a famine. You still will have to abide by the same rules as before and immigrants can still enter the country but now you don't have a seat at the table jesus christ this pisses me off so much

>You still will have to abide by the same rules as before and immigrants can still enter the country

you realize the EU was settling/redistributing immigrants between member nations, right

they didn't "enter", they were sent. by the EU.

The EU took its position and its purpose to be: kill the member nations of the EU with muslim immigration.

the EU has failed and will dissolve.

the EEA includes freedom of labor movement, you realise? And they ain't gonna stay in hungary forever

on the other hand maybe if you wreck the economy bad enough they won't want to

I guess brexit was a good idea after all

>Belgium has already stated

Belgium eh?

Britain had a pretty good run up until now.

>tfw just got even more expensive to import my surströmming and salty licorice
>tfw when christmas roles around I won't be able to stock up on as much julmust

Most Muslims come to the UK from Pakistan Nigeria and Bangladesh. They do not go via the EU. The UK's tumbling economy is likely to put off eastern Europeans migrating here for work, while they head to Germany and France etc. Meanwhile, we will have to rely more on muslim immigrants for labour.

How does it make you feel that Brexit will have no effect on levels of immigration and probably increase the number of muslims coming here?

Also, how does it feel being a dumbass?

Hey, didn't it start to get better by the end of the 1930s?

Weaker pound so prices will go up. Possibly unstable times and lacking decent trade deals so additional tariffs pushing up prices too.

Nice pic :^)