ITT we talk about making things superior

ITT we talk about making things superior

You make Easy Mac superior by adding some shredded cheese and mixing it in, prior to this you had watery Mac with minimal cheese taste but not you have a delicious snack

Already do it.
But seriously $1 a cup? That's not sustainable at all.

What do you mean by this?

Do you really think it costs one of the global food giants more than $1 to manufacture a cheap cardboard tub with ~70g dried pasta and some powdered cheese?

when i was poor as fuck i would add canned tuna and hotsauce to mac n cheese.

the hotsauce/cheese cover up the metallic taste pretty well and the flavors work together. it ends up being a cheap/decent meal. atleast better than ramen 3 times a day like most of the broke weebs here.

>fish and cheese combination

They cost $1 each here I meant.
I think it costs maybe 8-10 cents to make.

I would maybe use some parmesan sparingly with a fish dish, but I would never add fish to a cheese-heavy dish, especially not one containing cheddar.

t. guy who only eats ramen but calls its pho because he added some scallions

Either you meant it isn't sustainable for the company, which it clearly is, or it isn't sustainable for you, which means you can't afford a fucking dollar per meal.

That's not a meal. That's 3 spoonfuls of macaroni.

Why do you think that 3 spoonfuls is a meal?
Why should 3 spoonfuls cost a dollar?

Homemade mac and cheese is easy. If you want something superior just learn basic cooking.

Except that isn't cheap. You're coming up on a food cost of $2 for a single meal. That same can of tuna plaus half a pounf of pasta, some garlic and olive oil and some chopped parsley would have given you three meals for less than $2.

The shell out for ingredients ends up being higher initially - you need that pile of money to buy the olive oil and whatnot, but the per meal cost becomes on third or less than that of convenience food.

I spend five dollars to get five macs. That's about a meal for me.

speaking of eating packaged noodles all the time, how do we improve packaged noodles?

Just Googled it and it's like 57 grams. That's half a pasta meal for a normal person. If all food costed that much, that would be like $5 a day.

>2 dollars per meal isn't cheap
What the fuck are you spending all your money on? Are you telling me you can't afford $150 a month for your food? You must live in a mansion on minimum wage, commuting 120 miles to work every day.

tin tuna is like 50 cents and mac n cheese is definitely less than a dollar. hotsauce costs pennies. maybe $1.25-$1.50/meal.

how the fuck is buying oil + parsley + garlic + tuna + pasta cheaper than buying tuna + pasta.

I could easily afford $250 a month for food, but I cook, and it's just me and my wife. I rarely break $100 a month. What do I spend the rest of my money on? Nice nottls of wine every now and then and going out to eat at good restaurants. That improves my quality of life much more than saving 20min of cooking time on a Tuesday night only to end up with a depressing meal.

>how the fuck is buying oil + parsley + garlic + tuna + pasta cheaper than buying tuna + pasta.
Because it gives you many meals instead of just one. If you can't think ahead you'll pay two to three times as much as you otherwise would for every meal.

Here's the math:

Easy mac and tuna, one meal = $1.50

Pasta with tuna.
1/2lb dried pasta $0.50
can tuna $0.50
few sprigs parsley $0.15
clove garlic $0.15
few Tbs olive oil $0.40

That's $1.70 for THREE meals' worth of food. And as long as you lan ahead to use tup the remainder of the olive oil, pasta, garlic and parsley you bought they will remain that cheap on a per use basis.And you get two to three times your money's worth over even cheap convenience food.

I don't think ahead like that because I can't predict what I'm going to want that day. Enjoyment is a strong factor in why I cook and eat, and I won't enjoy my food as much if it isn't what I crave that day.

Not that guy, by the way. I cook my food from scratch because I'm NEET.

Different user, but he didn't exactly give a list of items that require you to eat the same meal every day for a week. Every one of those ingredients is versatile as fuck, and aside from garlic and parsley (which you should have no trouble using up if you cook your food from scratch) everything is shelf stable.

>me and my wife.
But what about your wife's son?

Stop eating disgusting processed shit. Dont you realize you are bein jewed out both your money and your health? Not to speak about the taste of saturated fat, sodium and sugar, mmmm tastes like a heart attack!

Honestly, its pathetic. If you are poor, this is why. Its not value for money, its not good, its not quality and its not healthy. So why buy it?

I guess I'm lucky that I don't crave specific foods on a daily basis. Day to day I've got a fridge full of whatever is in season and/or looked good at the market, along with a series of dishes I've worked out to use it all up before it goes bad. After that's accomplished I go shopping again. Rinse and repeat. The couple times a month I get a craving for something it's almost always for a dish I don't make at home, and that's when I go out to eat.

I guess you're right on that one, I kinds went on topic. Just not sure how people can plan their meals to the T unless they eat for nutrition alone.

You don't have to plan your meals to a T. The trick is to have a large enough repertoire of dishes you can make that you can look through a fridge half full of familiar ingredients and have ten different ways you could use them up before they go bad. Then you just choose which appeals to you at the moment, and solve the next puzzle the next day until you need to buy more stuff.

This is the way home cooks have always done it. Your home kitchen being a fast food restaurant is some postwar bullshit that started with TV dinners and canned entrees. It's no way to eat well. It's an expensive way to eat poorly.

everyone who has health issues because of junk food has weak genetics, blame your shitty genes not the food

the strong will survive