My first thread ever on this board. I need to cook something simple, not so expensive, and high protein...

My first thread ever on this board. I need to cook something simple, not so expensive, and high protein. I will go out to buy any ingredients needed. So give me a recipe and I'll show results.

Other urls found in this thread:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ifWWRZSWS18
budgetbytes.com/2015/05/curried-potatoes-with-poached-eggs/
youtube.com/watch?v=xfiIOUS6FpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are so many cheap sources of protein!

Would you like ideas to get the most out of eggs, beans, or cheap ethnic store meat?

(Be brave. Chicken hearts are pennies per pound and delicious.)

I eat lamb liver, and I eat all those things. I don't need advice on how to get protein. I just feel like cooking something you guys suggest and seeing how it goes.

I cook this regularly - very little work and surprisingly delicious.
grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html

I put in some diced, smoked pork belly, too.

whey protein + peanut butter + milk + ice in a blender

congrats you are a chef now

Anything without rice, it's the only thing I hate making. I always fuck it up.

>inb4 rice cooking advice/guide

Okay, I'll have your meme as a side.

1000 calories as a side? enjoy your obesity.

>no rice
Learn to make rice, faggot. It's delicious and cheap.

I recommend Shakshuka: youtube.com/watch?v=ifWWRZSWS18 (That recipe's not cheap but if you omit the mushroms and go light on the peppers it'll come out fine)
Or this: budgetbytes.com/2015/05/curried-potatoes-with-poached-eggs/

I actually need like 2000 calories for the rest of the day. I am only 65kg with average abs, and arm muscles but I struggle to gain weight. I find it really hard to build muscles in my chest because I am so light.

if I eat anymore eggs I might vomit. I eat so many everyday. Anything else.

So far I will do the peanut butter + whey. And possibly the "arroz de tomato" thing if nothing better is recommended.

This red beans and rice recipie is a family favorite. It's healthy, depending on what meat products you decide to add, but still delicious and filling. The leftovers are spicier and kind of creamy. It's best two days after you make it.

I add more cayenne than what the recipie calls for, and about three times the garlic, but that's just personal preference.

Sorted, how long should my post last. I need to go out and get the stuff. Also what meat should I use? Chicken? Anything else might be expensive. I might be able to do minced meat too. I'm not poor, just a Jew trying to save up.

The rice is just a texture thing here. You don't have to add it, but it makes the batch last longer. The beans and sausage work fine as a really thick soup by themselves.

The green onions on top are not optional. Heathens.

>randomly including a cheese grater in the ingredients list

>Sausages

Can I use any better/healthier meat?

Any bargain bin sausage is traditional, but I've definitely made it a lot with chicken. The quartered after-thanksgiving sale turkey still in my freezer also works well.

Remember, value your local ethnic groceries.

smoked turkey wings or legs

substitute these for ham or ham hocks or fatback all the time

I know, right? My mom is kind of weird.

Okay, if you can greentext me the recipe in a simple way. And assuming I will use chicken and canned beans. I will be eternally grateful to you user.

I only use canned kidney beans. Remember to get the kind without added sodium-- you'll be adding salt, the correct amount for deliciousness that will be fucked if you America it up.

What, you can't read the picture?

You should tell your mom that she should change out the water the beans soaked in with fresh water before cooking them, or at least add it to the instructions if you're going to be sharing it on the internet.

It's all perfect. Only one thing. What chicken do I get? Breast, whole, etc.... And how do I slice it, cook it. Do I just put it in like I would with the sausages? And if that's the case, how do I cut it up. I'm assuming chicken breast will do good.

at least some of these should be useful.

As someone who already knows how to cook and sees the idea behind this image, I feel like it would be more confusing rather than helpful to a complete beginner.

I am leaving now. Will be back in 30-45mins with the ingredients. I will update you then.

Whole is good if you can get it-- I like the variation of light and dark meats and value the carcass.

Breasts are faster and easier.

Really, just do whatever you want to throw in some seared 1-inch chunks of raw chicken. Add them at least an hour before you eat it so they're thoroughly cooked.

I personally like to put them in raw, not seared, so they absorb the sauce and don't maintain a cube shape. Of course, do a meat check before you tuck in by cutting a piece in half. If you want to completely cook the chicken cubes before you add them, I'd personally chuck some garlic in the pan with them and use pepper.

...Fair. It seemed kind of obvious to me. My bad.

>it seemed kind of obvious

You haven't spent much time on Veeky Forums, or around beginner cooks in general, have you?

Nope. I'm usually not a blue board kind of person, but I wanted to see some food-related shitposting today. The sudden opportunity to be useful was nice.

you can put some oil in with the whey + peanutbutter. retarded amount of calories.

I just got back. Will take pictures of everything and update you guys.

Sorry guys, I had to fight with the can. I lost my can opener. It's all good now.

Chicken and rice with broccoli on the side

Beans on the stove, preparing seasoning

Don't take it for granted.

Almost forgot the onions

Cut up the chicken, they're ready to go in.

>Roommate walks in
>smells good what are you cooking?
>no idea

why dont you dice the onion?

that seems way too big

He cut up the chicken using what looks like a combination butter/steak knife that he probably stole from a restaurant that couldn't afford to buy two sets of cutlery.

How much do you really expect from him?

Looks good. Waiting on the brown rice. The rice cooked perfectly too.

And that knife works for everything. Don't judge ;).

yeah, maybe you're right.

also, are you not supposed to fry and caramelize the onion before adding the water and beans?

>also, are you not supposed to fry and caramelize the onion before adding the water and beans

He's using a combination butter/steak knife that he probably stole from a restaurant that couldn't afford to buy two sets of cutlery. Do you really think he has any clue what he's doing?

>its impossible for me to gain weight
>i need huge source of calories and protein to get huge
>3 bites of chicken and some veggies/less than 400 calories as a meal

I will eat the whole thing later. Just making it look good jeez.

>Whey + milk + peanut butter
7/10
Without whey 10/10

>Anons recipe
I love you/10 / 10/10

Thanks Veeky Forums

>meatloaf
>roasted chicken
>braised turkey thighs
>chili
>beef stew
>3 bean salad topped with tuna
>tuna melts

One of the cheapest meals I make is a pasta dish that has a sardine topping (I say topping because it's not really a sauce) that tastes amazing and is easy as fuck.

So, this is the original poster. You didn't cook it for long enough at all! The beans lose their shape, the water reduces, and it becomes a light reddish-brown soup.

You're supposed to chop the vegetables into little pieces, too, but I bet it will all taste just fine.

So, put that shit on simmer while you watch some tv and eat the undercooked bit, AS LONG AS THAT CHICKEN ISN'T RAW.

Please be careful. Undercooked meat will fuck you up, and so will dull knives. Getting a meh-teir knife you can keep sharp will save you so much in hospital bills down the road. Please believe me. My left thumb, limes, and shitty teenage summer jobs have shared true trauma.

Chicken is very thoroughly cooked trust me. I think I put too much water that's why. It was delicious regardless.

youtube.com/watch?v=xfiIOUS6FpQ

I'm very glad!

In the future, though, less water will make the spice balance taste stronger/better.

Will remember this for the next time. Thanks a lot,

This would probably be great inside a tortilla.

Also, it's possible that you followed the directions, but are cooking at a higher altitude than me. Just keep it simmering until creamy soup.

I kept it boiling all the time lol.

Probably true, and as much as I like putting things into tortillas (and often eaten them cold the next day), it really makes you think about how often tortillas are used as cheap filler. Even fresh, homemade tortillas are terrible for you, and RB&R is already a complete meal on it's own.

...that is a lot of water. You should invest in measuring cups from the dollar store