Is selling your alts for btc on btc bullrun a meme or do people actually do it?

Is selling your alts for btc on btc bullrun a meme or do people actually do it?

btc is always the safest hold both ways. should've been in btc the moment it bounced off 6k

Yes OP. Instead of buying up promising coins cheap using BTC gains, you should always chase the pump after it's begun. It's the Veeky Forums way.

If I wanted safe I would buy index funds

btc's made its gains, i think it's goonna be alt season sooner than expected. now is the time to get into alts

People who don't like losing money do it. They also set stop losses and use Tether believe it or not

BTC maximalists are retarded and measure everything against BTC like it's 2013 again.

BTC is just like a really shitty alt coin. Almost every top 100 altcoin outperformed BTC in 2017.

No we like losing on gains

You should still measure everything in satoshi. More btc=more fiat. Most alts trade against btc, and any fiat/alt pairs are influenced in movement of btc/usd and the btc/alt pairing. Its just how the market works. Be a better trader and pay closer attention to btc value.

I measure in ETH.

It was weird when everything tracked BTC the past month, BTC up, alts up, BTC down, alts down. You could literally double your gains by going fiat->btc->alt if you predict a pump, and going alt->btc->fiat if you can predict a dump.

BTC up alts down and vice-versa makes more sense. This is because people who look at their portfolio in USD will take their profit in USD.

Only people who look at their alts in BTC value see their portfolios as "going down", people who look at their alts is USD value take the profit and maintain the same USD investment in their alt(s).

This is not about holding btc you fucking retard, it's about the fact of the advantage that a static sat value gives you everytime alts decrease their value

There seems to be a BTC bullrun every other day, and alts are doing fucking horribly. What do you think?

This

When market crashes.. tether up..

This is of course would be impeccable timing

I've been holding a few good alts that did good when BTC crashed.. but when BTC was going up.. they crashed.

So i think I'm going to try to tether up on the next drop.. I think it's going to be 13-15k range it will stabilize then go to 20k .. then hover there until 40k June

you can't even use BTC so there's no point. Miners hate it.

I wonder what's the average iq of this board, did that even make sense in your head?

That can be said with just about every other coin out there retard. I could measure everything against Litecoin or dogecoin and they wouldn't do so well overall.

Keep typing, this is gold.

>BTC only increases 1000%
>My own portfolio with a few coins go up 10,000%

Stay poor Corecuck