So... these two and a half foot bahn mi's are being sold on a friend's food truck. Could you finish one...

So... these two and a half foot bahn mi's are being sold on a friend's food truck. Could you finish one? Regular bahn mi for scale

that bread to filling ratio looks pretty shit.
I've done foot and a halfs before, I might be able to make it if I really believe in myself

>bahn mi

I fell for this meme back in 2013, it was shit.

make it processed hams and then we can talk

I don't get it

>red onions

Bahn mi was a meme on Veeky Forums awhile back, forgotten. Not necessarily a true meme but everyday there were multiple bahn mi threads. I tried it and it sucked. Before that poutine threads were out of control.

You either had a bad bahn mi or you're too much of a pleb

looks like the shittiest bahn mi i've ever seen. who pays for this shit slop?

That's a 'go style 'bo 'mo

>Could you finish one?
Nope.
I haven't been able to eat big ass things like that since I was in my twenties. Always abide the rule "Never eat anything bigger than your head".
I *might* be able to get half of one down, but I'd have indigestion afterwards.

>onions in a bahn mi
If you use any other vegetable garnish besides cilantro, a cucumber stick, or picked carrot and radish, you are literally the scum of the earth

Maybe not, but I'd sure as fuck try. If there's one thing I've learned from Donald Trump, it's that you never give up, even when it means fucking over foreign people because they're all in west Philadelphia born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days chillin out maxin relaxin all cool and all playin some b ball outside of the school when a couple of guys who were up to no good started to make America great again. Duck roll mother fuckers.

Bahn mi's, when done right are fuckin amazing. Ive never actually seen one served with onions, and im less then impressed with the pictures. They look like shit tier bahn mi.

This

It's vinegared onion, [củ] hành dấm.
I don't know why it's pink there, though. That's weird.
To make it, you slice up an onion, sprinkle it with a bit of salt and sugar, then top it off with rice vinegar (NOT rice wine vinegar, they are two different things), coconut vinegar or cane vinegar in decreasing order of preference (rice vinegar is just right, coconut vinegar is a bit too 'soft,' but still usable and cane vinegar is a bit too harsh, bordering on unusable in this application; if you want sweeter onion, use coconut vinegar and if you want more pungent, use cane).
Then just let it sit. Not long, either.
It's pretty good, especially on soups or sandwiches. Sardine and margarine (Vietnamese "butter," lol) sandwich with vinegared onion and all the other typical bánh mì toppings is so fucking good.

Maybe the ones in OP are fish sandwiches, tho. It goes on fish sandwiches. You don't put it on, like, pâté, fish sauce and pepper pork breast (white "ham"), meatballs or ham, though. Just fish ones.

I like bahn mi but I could do without the fucking jalapeno slices
yes OP i could finish it.

Elaborate.
Not kidding, if you have a decent recipe for pickled onions shoot it. Measurements, amounts, exact ingredients, do you actually use red onions?

id rather eat a 2 and a half foot hotdog.

the question is why would you want to eat it in the first place

how can white bahn mi even compete?

We eat it with our butt right?

Right??

Maybe your butt because it's so stretched out from all the black cock

post video when you do thx

You eat it with your mouth?

Weird..

>I don't know why it's pink there, though. That's weird.

Probably red onions.

Anyway, that user ITT calling banh mis a meme is retarded, he's obviously never had a good one.

*banh mi

pickled red onion are pink you losers

Potentially back in my college/dude weed lmao years, but definitely not now. Ice long since been on a 5 small meals a day routine and I can't even finish normal (read: American) sized resturant portions generally. Not to mention that much food would probably give me indigestion like a motherfucker. Fuck getting old I'm your 20's

They're not pickled, though. They're just marinated. Thirty minutes is even a bit too long for making them. Fifteen-to-twenty is about all it takes.
And I can't give exact measurements, sorry. Just slice it up, sprinkle a bit of salt and sugar, let it sit until the onion slices look "sweaty" and, finally, top off with a bit of vinegar and let sit another ten-ish minutes. That's it. Some people mix the sugar and salt into the vinegar and add it directly to the sliced onion. That retains a bit more texture than seasoning the onion directly, so do it one way or the other, depending what you'd prefer texturally.
In absence of any of the vinegars mentioned already, apple cider vinegar is pretty okay. Not great, but it's a'ight.

If you absolutely need exact measurements, Google can help you better than I can.

go back to youtube commentiquette

bun me ya prick

I'm used to eating tons of food. I could probably finish 2 or 3

>Tyrone and Damien wanted to show Tyler what a real penis looked like

needs more coriander
but yes, easily

absolut disgust

banh mis are just massive cock teases. it's an almost perfect combination of meat, onions, grated carrot and cilantro and a beautiful sauce all between a hard, stale, burned bun. You'll tear up the roof of your mouth every time but you'll do it anyway because the fillings are so good.

I've gotten banh mis from all over and it's always the same. Why do they have to use burnt, rock-hard bread? Why can't they use a fresh, warmed-up roll like a sensible fucking human being?

>onion on banh mi
Stopped reading right there. Confirmed for never having had banh mi.

You goddamned bet I could. I'm on my appetite-suppressing seizure medication most of the month, and as such I survive on small portions of cheap shit food. But if I know I'll be eating out, I skip my pill for the day, and a whole month of hunger kicks in. Last month I downed nearly 6 pounds of crab legs over the course of a couple hours.

Here in New Orleans the bread is fucking amazing. It's seriously like the best part which is kind of sad.

That looks like it consists out of 3/4 bread

It seems you go to shit-tier banh mi places that don't bake their own bread

>mfw long lunch break
>get a banh mi, ask for it on hot bread out of the oven
>they tell me it'll be 20 minutes
>That's fine
>mfw perfect crust