Is liver the final boss of Veeky Forums?

Is liver the final boss of Veeky Forums?
I've never had it before but I've heard nothing but negative reviews of it. Anyone here who unironically likes this meme dish?

Hating offal is just childish.
Fried liver and onions is a god tier dish for example.
It also depends heavily on what animal the liver comes from and what age it was. Young chicken liver for example i sometimes grind into a pate and you wouldn't even know it was liver if I didn't tell you.

The texture is absolutely horrifying. Like eating sand.

>I've heard nothing but negative reviews of it
Have you been here for 3 minutes only?

I grew up eating Liverwurst. I never really realized it had a negative connotation until I was older but it's fucking delicious especially on lightly toasted Rye bread. I've had fried chicken livers too. Pretty good shit. Foie Gras is also liver and that is the fucking nectar of the gods.
So uh, basically shut the fuck up and try it yourself maybe start from one of those three to get an idea if you can handle the taste of liver which admittedly is an acquired taste. The worst that can happen is that you don't like it.

I've never met a man who wouldn't fuck up some liver and onions, and I have never met a woman who would ever even try liver in any way. Except my father pretty much made me eat it when I started my period because he said I need the iron, and it grew on me. In fact it's what I crave that time of the month, rather than chocolate.

Why do you like to pretend to be a woman?

you're not supposed to overcook it

chunky liverwurst masterrace btw

I grew up loving liver despite my terrible tastes in food.

Now I am actually enjoying food and out to try everything new I find beef liver to be fucking appalling.

I run a landscaping company and are looking to make a move into maritime and i really dont care for fancy shit so I have a pretty powerful mancard but liver and avocados can go fuck themselves.

I eat everything else I see. Even shit I have on my plate that I don't really like because it is on my plate and I was brought up that way but fuck those two.

It's fun because I get people like you insisting I'm not. I know that when I make it known I have a vagina, I get "you're not a woman", "roastie leave ree" and "please marry me" posts. Incredibly predictable

I've only had it fried and didn't like how chewey it was. I'd rather have something crunchy like gizzard.

Liver was on offer today. I just loove liver pate, but I'm afraid to fuck it up. Some day I will try it. And even if it doesn't come out perfect, it will be a glorious day.

Really? I've never encountered much hate for liver.

Liver and onions is a very popular dish

Liver tastes like how farmyards smell to me.

I even followed several 'tried and tested' highly rated recipes and it always has that nasty animal pong to it.

I fell for the Doug Funny meme for too long in my life. Liver and onions (and mushrooms) are delicious. Frisch's Big Boy has a $6 meal for it and I think they do a really good job if you're not cooking at home. Good place to wet your feet for livers.

Also, you don't mention: chicken or beef liver? Beef is infinitely better than chicken. Turkey liver is on par with beef liver.

My parents both resented being fed it as children so I never had a chance to try it until i was 20. It wasn't bad. A little weird but a far cry from the horror stories they told me.

Liver is awesome
I don't know what liver you're eating, it's like crumbly irony meat.

>chewy
>liver
wat

Liver always has a very easy-to-chew texture for me. In fact, that was one of the few solid meals my grandmother would eat before she passed away. Other than that, she really liked hot dogs and bread rolls. The healthcare system is fucked up. Regardless, try a different liver besides chicken.

Indonesianfag here
Every Ramadhan my grandma would cook us a massive pot of rendang and throw in buttload of extra cow liver in it, liver in itself is not that good but i swear when you make it into rendang and reheat it for 3 to 4 times it will taste godly

Only have had either chicken liver or beef liver mixed in with a Cajun rice
The beef liver with the rice was fantastic, the chicken liver on it's own had a good flavor but a texture chewing on it that I didn't like

'women aren't allowed on the internet because, as a virgin male, it makes me uncomfortable to interact with them'

Well ive eaten foie gras. But id never eat liver on its own.

Baby chicken livers. Wrap in bacon. Soak in soy sauce. Bake.

No you didn't. Dumbass.

My mom would fry chicken livers, and we'd dip bread in the gravy

super tasty

>Liver was on offer today
It's not normally offered?

But yes liver pate is delicious. There's a company here called trois petite cocouns (pardon, I am not French) that sells various pates that are... they're worth living for.

I don't care much for plain calf's liver (like liver and onions, for example), but I love liverwurst, and chicken liver pate and duck liver pate. Basically, I love liver if it's been made into a spreadable paste, but I don't care much for eating pieces or chunks of liver. Liverwurst makes a god tier sandwich, though, and duck liver pate with pistachios is godly.

>rendang

Great for you, but I can't find most of these ingredients in stores here.

I might try this. God knows anything fried is delicious. I want to eat liver for the nutrition but I've never had it before. You have any specific recipe?

No, just panfry them. Idk, she died so I still have to figure out the recipe myself

Liver and onions with mashed potatoes is good stuff user. I also like liverwurst on rye with swiss cheese.

Post feet

POO IN LOO

i love liver but it can be tricky sometimes. its patrician IMO because i rarely see it served at restaurants.

Dirty rice with chicken livers is the shit.

AUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH
That is one of my most favorite foods. Fuck, now I have to make some. Like, this weekend. I can't even think about it without wanting to make it.

I had it fried and it was from a supermarket deli.

I eat it when I go to luby's. mom doesn't like to cook it because of the smell.

I like you. Also I'm a woman and I'm the user saying liver fried is chewy.

> soak the liver in butter milk
> use fresh GOOD onions god tier if you can get organic or backyard grown.
cook evenly ( do not burn or sear, its not that kind of meat...you dont want char.)
carmalize onions
white wine if your feeling frisky.
take off heat but let that oniony goodness soak into the liver.

optional gravy if you want almost like a french onion kind of base

Demi glaze beef for the base and add carmalized onions and starch slurry to base and lay over top the cooked liver (THIS SHIT is good user Ive fed it to many and they all love it

Just realized that the character in Ulysses Burns his liver and gives the charred bit to his cat....low heat remember!

I don't think you understand what "patrician" means.

bump for the feet also.. fem user

I like eating liver with my rice vermicelli.

shameless self bumpo
Ive got a good one for Goat liver too if interested

Im Palestinian so eating liver is just something I did growing up no exceptions ...

My only liver experience is buying a can of liver pate to see what is was

It tasted like I shoved a handful of pocket change into my mouth

tastes and smells like fucking dog shit
fucking peasant food,id rather eat my own shoes

I'm not a footfag, but now I'm curious about what your feet look like.
Feet pls.

pleb

Tastes like the heart. I like it with onion plus it's high in iron and protein, almost no fat. I love it since I was little. It taste very different from other meats and the reason why it smells like dog meat it's because part of the dog's meat has liver as well as other organs all mixed and shattered together but live has a particularly strong scent. Try it for once with white onion, garlic and a little pepper.

Pretty gross considering you're eating the body's filter

You wouldn't sniff a dust filter and you shouldn't eat liver

bumping for feet

The only reason I learned about cow liver and chicken liver is because my mother made them.

Not that I'm a picky either any way, I eat pretty much anything that's supposed to be food.

Found the biology drop out.

Liver in rendang? Sounds great, I've got to try that sometimes. Never heard of it strangely. I'm a Dutchfag so maybe you Indonesianfags left some of the best shit at home out of spite.

post feetsies

Why do people like feet? They are just disfigured smelly hands

Calf liver is great.
>I've heard nothing but negative reviews of it
That's because Americans are retarded and only like deep fried butter.

yeah my mum used to make it about once a month, for obvious reasons. one of those foods you refuse as a kid and then grow up thinking you don't like it.

when i actually ate some it wasn't that bad. with some onions 'n mash. feels very healthy.

classic woman not getting it at all

it stops me from pooping for several days

never had lamb liver, but I know a few things about all the other liver I had. It needs to be fresh, like really really fresh then it doesn't have that offal taste. Add some caramelised onions a bit of toast. Also great with aged balsamic vinegar. I tend to drink a sweet white wine with it or a dark red.

Post feet & pls be my gf

Or maybe hands are just fucked up feet

>meme dish

Another fucking meme thread.

You people are fucking philistines. Good liver and onions is INCREDIBLE. It's even better with bacon.

I bet some of you think pork chops suck too.

I thought so myself until I actually had one that was cooked right and wasn't all dry and shit.

I murder rabbits just for their livers.

I'll eat the rest, sure, but it's about that liver for me.

I only eat liver if it is organic. Conventional ones scare me, they are distinctly different looking and tasting

It's the only thing I get autism over organic food

You're in every cum dumpster "LoL xD i'm not here for attention silly bois" thread spamming for feet. kys.

>look at meee I'm a womyn
neck yourself whore

post feet [spoiler]and anus[spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

my mother fries that shit up with tons of onions,garlic and ginger. It grew on me as i aged,not one of those things i'[d eat all the time but i find myself coming back to it time and time again.

Holy shit this sounds good. Can your mom make me some for my birthday please?

its an acquired taste. mostly texture wise

It's more that Americans don't know how to prepare offal or cook meat properly, for the most part.

I'm fortunate to be hispanic and to have come from a family that has eaten virtually every part of a cow at one point or another.