Kawell in the Kitchen - No-Fucks-Given Tortilla Soup Edition

Friday at last. Work has been especially brutal with a short notice 12 hour power outage planned for this weekend so I spent the better part of this week making sure everything was on the emergency outlets so people don't.. you know.. die and shit. This has left me drained, so for tonight's no-fucks-given tortilla soup, we're just going to throw a whole bunch of shit in a crock pot, walk away with a few beers, then come back to some food.

Posting live from the kitchen.

Joining us for tonight are the Widmer Brothers. Oh, and saffron. Cannot forget about saffron.

Been awful hot lately, trying to keep the little guy cool.

And we begin.

Onion and bell diced and in

Garlic, just a rough dice, not too interested in dicking around turning it into a paste

Three jalapeƱos.

De-seed? De-pulp? No, fuck it.

Missed pic but don't care, no fucks and all.

JalapeƱos in. That's it for vegetables.

Throw some of this junk in there too.

Chicken and a whole lime halved in. I'll dice the chicken when it's almost done.

Cranking it to high and walking away. Time to drink.

Looking good

Bump!

Good stuff OP

Following on my 3 hour commute.
Missed you op.

OP, we need some fucking update.

How's the garden doing?

Chugging along. My green beans took some damage due to high heat this past week, trying to mend them back to health.

Basil is really getting big, nearly time to prune.

Crazy behind on getting some of these others transplanted. Really have to get around to it soon, especially the Roma tomatoes.

Failed to prune my carrots in time, just going to let nature do its thing. Same for the radishes.

Soup is coming along, smelling like soup. Nearly done with my last beer, contemplating on a beer run.

Looks good.
Did you end up camping out the other week?

Nah the old man wanted to hang out. He's getting up there in years and at that age where he wants to spend more time together. I obliged and was reciprocated some nice medium cooked NY steaks. I feel a weekend outing on the horizon though, we could make a nice camp cookout thread provided service isn't too terrible.

Feel the soup is about another 45 minutes out. We'll get the chicken sliced up in the next half our or so.

What do you guys feel like seeing cooked this weekend?

Oh, I had the idea of a quail scotch egg the other day. Maybe we could try that to go along with something else.

I've had quail scotch egg, pretty tasty.

Chickens out. Gonna get it cut up, back into the soup and take care of some final touches. Then we'll bowl and enjoy.

Isn't tortilla soup usually shredded?

Usually. I might reference the thread title tough.

Soups ready. Going to cut up this tortilla and then we can see the final product.

Stripped tortilla, herb of soap, sour cream, light sprinkling of lemon juice and just a touch of fresh ground black pepper. Soups on. Tomorrow I'll get something more exciting on. Tonight was just fuck all, throwing shit in a slow cooker and walking away.

lime juice I meant

might have been a good idea i opted against that beer run

I lile your beer runs but only because we get to come along...

Hah, maybe I'll take you guys to bevmo tomorrow. Feeling like a cocktail. Not sure what yet, but that's what you guys are for.

>herb of soap

Yeah, a bit heavy on the cilantro.
Also sour cream.
And that chicken breast is dry as fuck Man, tortilla soup has corn tortillas, fried.
>but i said it's not official tortilla soup in the title, lol
Make something that you know how to make if you are going to trip. This is bad. It's not funny or cute. It's just wrong.
Sorry to be a hater. I like OC and post my own every so often. This is wrong, though. You can't throw a clam into a soup and call it chowder.

>Man, tortilla soup has corn tortillas, fried.

>i make it a different way so your way is wrong and you suck lolol

you sound like a child

Look forward to it, brother.

you sound like you've never had tortilla soup.
you sound like you don't know the difference between wheat and corn.
etc

You sound like a dick.