>feeling overworked
>rude customers
>asshole coworkers

Etc.

Can't start because I'm not a cook.

It's your own fault for working a low pay no skill job, dumbass

Read the post again you thick fucking clod

I did and you're still a dumb fuck

I don't work in the industry, so your first post doesn't apply to me. Third times a charm you faggot cockjockey

>First order of dinner comes up
>Steak, well done (chef sighs)
>And a green salad
>mod: no dressing
>no dressing
>a green salad with no dressing and a well done steak

I don't know why we thought it was that funny. The dumb fucker was paying 15 bucks for a handful of greens. You could goto the store and buy two of the organic triple washed greens and get more of the same thing. I just kept joking with my chef

>Just give me the call chef
>it'll take some time chef but I think I can handle it, just tell me when you want me to put it up
>Chef when do you need that pffffttt... salad with... NO FUCKING DRESSING

Yeah it was ok

You're still a dumb piece of shit

God that was a shitty story.
>Fire gnocchi with the set that changed two weeks ago.
>After talking with retarded server, fire gnocchi with completely different set from current set.
>Gnocchi comes back because lol no cheese.

Don't even understand why any of the front house people have jobs.

You're supposed to report trolls, not feed them.

You're supposed to kill yourself, not leach off of your family

>Am the pastry chef at a hotel restaurant
>Person on the oven station is out smoking, leaving the culinary student/intern with me
>Order comes up for halibut dish
>Ask him to get the halibut while I get the vegetables in the oven
>"is this the halibut?" while he's holding a salmon steak
tfw the pastry chef cooks better than the garbage produced by culinary school

>be me
>work in a kitchen for a while
>get eczema so bad it causes a lymphatic infection
>get hospitalized on iv antibiotics
>decide to go back to school
>kill myself

the last part hasn't happened yet

>low pay no skill job

I don't know why that stereotype persists in the US. Yeah sure, ratholes don't give a fuck but any respectable restaurant cares who they hire and chef will get your ass fired very quickly. You're not there to do manual shit because that's what kitchen help is for.

I remember my first month as a dishwasher I would always come in coming down off some meth I used for schoolwork the night before. Was hell on really busy nights like weddings but the chefs always treated the dishwashers well so I stayed. After I was done with school for the year and I wasn't coming in tired as fuck every day the job got much easier.

> managing small restaurant
>kitchen is mostly Hispanic women
>They're all pretty funny and chill, they all surprisingly get along
>but they do weird shit, like, home remedy weirdness
>someone calls me to the back, Rita has cut herself, deep.
>tell the dishwasher to take her to the med clinic
>nooooo, Rita goes out back to the employee rest area and starts rubbing cigarette ashes into her wound
>tell her to stop and go to the med clinic
>pretends like she can't understand me and keeps rubbing ashtray leavings into her wound.
>another day:
>before opening, kitchen doing prep, walk in and see them chopping onions with the cut stem ends on top of their heads, "to keep the tears away"

There's more, but I'm tired...

>with the cut stem ends on top of their heads
wut?

>Been cooking for 6 years
>Got all the stations down
>Clean and organized
>Variety of culinary styles, plus I can do pastries/desserts
>Can order shit directly through suppliers
>Former co-worker says he can get me an interview for an executive position
>I've never even been a fucking lead or a sous

D-d-do I go for it and hope I don't fuck up?

Of course mate, nothing to lose.

>plus I can do pastries/desserts
that's what the guys on top chef professionals think too, and they literally fuck up everything they touch

but you should definitely go for it

>Clean and organized
That's really all that matters.
More than that matters, but really, I just want people to work clean. You should be able to pull up the mat you're standing on and sweep it in one swipe.
If you're able to do that, then I would imagine that you're able to produce great food.
If not, I could train you pretty quickly.

Ash tray cut was serious cringe but the onion thing was hilarious

I heard of the onion thing before.

Theory was that it prevents you from bending right over the onions, making you less exposed.

Thursday lunch, triggered, but mostly just funny

Come on man, I worked in the industry and I can tell you, it's a low skill job. It takes the least skill of any trade. There's reason ex-cons and Mexicans who barely speak English can do it, and why chefs make like 30k a year. You guys need to get it through your heads that you're failures, not fucking artists or whatever you think you are. You're doing this because you're not good enough to do anything else.

My sous chef is probably the biggest asshole Ive ever met.

>work 7th day in a row because coworker is dealing with a death
>the hired a new chick to work so I come in an open at 5 am and get both stations mise en place together for brunch
>time comes around when we agreed Id be out because of overtime
>is asking me to do 45 minutes worth of shit on top of just being an overall dick

Why do I even try?

Former cook here, unless you are working towards a star, own your own place or are an "innovator" youre low skilled labor. Cooking is fucking easy, stressful and shitty but easy.

>former cook here
Its low skilled labor if its a shit restaurant or a chain were everything is done for you except actually putting it on a plate

The litmus test for if youre at a place thats low skilled labor is if they have mostly house equipment like knives and shit.

t. McDonald's """cook"""