Why are their donuts so bad?

Why are their donuts so bad?

cuz they keep dunkin em in shit!!

because dunkin donuts doesn't give two fucks about donuts, its a coffee shop.

Murican.

But their coffee is terrible too

they cook them at a regional supply center then ship them in to the regular and smaller stores. go to the local supplier, it's a regular store with a big kitchen in the back. their donuts are pretty good when they're fresh.

I'm anaphylactic allergic to hazelnuts and I can drink their hazelnut coffee. perhaps that suggests something about their regular coffee.

my old room mate was a yankee and when he moved to the south he was dismayed about his inability to find a duncan donuts

I passed by one day and i decided to see what the hype was all about

>order iced coffee with some gimmicky name
>they pour regular stregnth coffee over an entire cupfull of ice cubes
>they add the sugar to the coffee when the ice cubes are already in it
>gritty sugar crystals sink to the bottom of the coffee
>coffee is basically watered down

my room mate then gets home all excited to see I found a duncan donuts, i told him they fucked up the coffee

he gets all excited and says that the sugar sinking to the bottom is part of the nostalgia factor for him...go figure
>i have never returned to duncan donuts

I've only really had Dunkin Donuts and I think they're pretty good. But if everyone says they are terrible, where is a better chain to get donuts at?

Krispy Kreme is awesome, but a lot of them shut down...

Damn really? I go to one near my university sometimes and I was pretty sure they had cold brew.

Go fuck yourself

>duncan
>duncan
>duncan

kys

it is pretty nasty
it can depend on the day though

but I try to avoid it as much as possible
way too fucking expensive for such shit coffee

What the fuck are you talking about OP?

I could eat 2 dozen chocolate frosted every morning, they're the best!

>donuts

fat people deserve nothing short of death

>I'm anaphylactic allergic
>go around ordering hazelnut flavored coffee

You are so full of shit, or you are a huge retard.

Obviously you have never gone through the hell that is taking an epi-pen injection and then spending the next 12-24 hours in the hospital taking heavy doses of anti-histamines and stuff to reduce the massive swelling in your body.

They aren't bad but they aren't good.

I have two in town but I'd rather drive 20 mins to a nearby local shop that makes donuts. They're god-tier and they actually have more than 3 flavors.

I didn't order it. they gave it to me by accident.

you can also look on their website. their hazelnut flavoring is artificial and contains no hazelnuts. youve obviously never had an anaphylactic reaction if you don't check the website before ordering something.

There is a reason I am Veeky Forums
There are very few places I will actually eat, due to fears of cross contamination. It saying it on a sheet is one thing, but retard workers working there are your problem.

the little Vietnamese donut shops here in California make the best, imo.

Because it's a chain

Still better than Krispy Kreme.

I dunno where you live, but here dunkin donuts is about as cheap as coffee gets here. And for cheap coffee, it's good. Never tried their flavored crap though. Or their sandwiches or weird stuff. If they weren't making it in 1985, don't get it there.

People don't go to dunkin donuts cause they're the best, they go there because if you live in the northeast, there's one on the way no matter where you are or where you're going.

pretty much. that's why I hate when I go on a website to see what their allergens are and it has that dumb guide that says "what are the allergens you want to avoid?" then shows you what items don't have it. I want to know what does have my allergens on their menu so I can judge whether or not to eat there.

>Still better than Krispy Kreme.

This is false.

From working at DD's for a few months: only go at 5am for bakery shit, that is when it is good, all other times it is absolute trash

also the coffee is over glorified water and the espresso sucks compared to what you can make with a bialetti

Because theyre fucking frozen. I worked at Dunkin Donuts after high school for a few months and it was shit. The coffee is mediocre, only because I was able to make my own, otherwise its shit. The only decent donuts were the sour cream and the boston kreme. The fucking food is atrocious save for the sausage/croissants and those are mediocre at best. The fucking muffins though, I miss those delicious bastards.

no, they aren't frozen at every location.

They're way better than Krispy Kreme. That's not a very high hurdle though.

I lived blocks away from one and the local DD donuts still sucked.

They just suck.

>yankee

Thanks for your valuable input, Cletus.

I've got much better reasons to kill myself than my inability to spell a shit donut joint that ive only been to once.

If you think their donuts are bad, you should try shoprite brand donuts. they're soggy and melt before you can even get home

because they aren't donuts they are donut shaped dinner rolls with sugar

>tfw my local donut place sells boxes of day-old donuts for $2
shit's cash

I feel you, DD is decent if they make the drink the way they're supposed to, but the pajeet managers are shitty and the teenagers making the food don't give a shit. They're supposed to use double-brewed coffee so the ice waters it down to regular strength, but nobody ever makes a fresh batch once the first batch of the day runs out, they just brew regular coffee and make your drink around the corner and hope you don't see. Same with the sugar. They have simple syrup for the cold drinks, but the store manager is inevitably stingy with it and never orders enough, so 90% of the customers end up with white sugar in their cold drinks.

But you saw it spelled correctly in the OP. Do you have the memory of a goldfish?

I brew like 6 iced coffee container things between 4 and 12 and people can ask to have the sugar melted if they please or ask for a swirl. They may not want the simple syrup because it has preservatives

Here in northern Virginia... DUCK DONUTS. BROS... Shit is so good. Like cake donuts. You have to try them. Look them up.

It's the fucking McDonalds of coffee and donuts, it exists only to cram enough caffeine and sugar into overweight cops and construction workers so they can get through their day. The real question is, why would you have any expectation that they would be good?

I think their donuts were decent back when this guy was making them. Now they don't give a fuck. I guess they realized profit margin is higher on coffee so they'd rather not bother to sell donuts?

Their coffee is also pretty terrible.

7-11

krispy kreme is fucking disgusting, they totally changed their donuts from ~5-10 years ago, they are much smaller and taste different

maybe their glazed are the same, but their specialty ones are ass + tiny.

>Buying anything other than glazed
>ever

kys

Does anyone else get the shakes when they drink coffee from this place

I don't know if my boss is screwing around with my order but every time I get an iced coffee it makes me really jittery and this never happens with the coffee I make at home

>drink 32 oz coffee
What's with the jitters guys?

Round Rock donuts are the best donuts I've ever had. Dunkin's are shit and Voodoo donuts are overated.

I just go to Shipley's for my donuts. Good thing they're mostly here in Texas

The dough has no flavor

Austinites are the Texans of Texas. You know what I mean?

Asian donut shops are (becoming?) a thing in NYC. I don't trust non-semites with my doughy snacks, however. I've been slighted by the poo in loos at DD far too many times.

Fuck Dunkin Donuts employees. I went there the other day and ordered a bacon/egg/cheese bagel, and the Indian dude working there asked me if I wanted butter on it. I couldn't understand what he was saying cuz he was far away and the place was loud as hell, so I said "excuse me?" He took offense to that for some reason and responded back saying "excuse me?" to me. I was kinda taken aback by it, and I said "what" to which he responded in a "what" mocking me. Then he started making fun of me for not being able to hear, asking me if theres something wrong with my ears. I figured he was just taking the piss but he went pretty far with it, telling me that I look liked I just crawled out of some alley. I thought he was bantering so I threw some back at him and told him hes a middle aged sand snake working at Dunkin Donuts so he doesn't really have room to insult me. He got super pissed off and started telling me to leave, then his manager came in and sent him off and gave me my sandwich. The dude got fired but still thats some severe disrespect to the customer, I'm never going back to Dunkin Donuts.

new england runs on dunkin, not america. a dunkin donuts opened in my town in california and they have such poor business that it is almost sad. west coasters prefer authentic donut shops (run by asian families of course). actually, portland is the exception. they are into that weird hipster donut shit.

Where do I get donuts in New Jersey aside from Dunkin?

Any local bakery will do you right.
I've got two close by, and they rival each other in terms of having the better doughnut.
Regardless, both are a-fucking-mazing with coffee I grind myself.