Coffee Tastes Terrible and There Is No Difference Between Brands

It all tastes like the same bitter wet bean and if you want to disagree, watch these videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=5PeKcWCC-tw

youtube.com/watch?v=YFKT4jvN4OE

You're not a coffee expert (cause nobody is) and you certainly couldn't pick the difference between something filtered through your asshole or a piece of paper.

I disagree.
Every brand has different blends and they all taste differently, but yeah, you don't have to spend a lot of money to appreciate the differences in coffee.

Also, fuck you fedora eating loser for posting that shitty Penn show for the billionth fucking time.

>babby boy palate mad because he has shit taste

>If I don't like it then it just must mean it's shit! Obviously no one could like things I don't! It's really shit and they're just pretending to like it!

Just because you are a nontaster doesnt mean everyone else is.

You are absolutely deluded if you think there are millions of professionals in coffee and wine who are all faking it. It is incredibly easy to taste the difference between shitty coffee and good coffee.

>those videoes
Absolutely hilarious

>buy expired coffee
>complain about chalky taste
okay.

You say that but clearly you've never had cheap Vietnamese grounds from the 99Cent Store. Goddamn but that shit is awful

ALSO since this is a Coffee thread anyway, someone explain to me the difference between prebought grounds and grinding the beans myself because i'm not sensing a difference

Out of curiosity I had my local bookstore barista
grind some whole beans for me and... it taste actually a little less flavorful than the bag of grounds i'd get at Walmart

What am I missing?

I bought a bag of 99cent coffee once and it smelled like wet dirt.

I'm pretty sure it was actually dirt and I didn't feel like throwing up to verify.
This was literally the only bad coffee I've ever encountered.

anyone can easily tell the difference between different qualities of coffee / brewing methods

knowing the different varietals of equally quality coffee does indeed take training

but if i gave you some instant v. Folgers in a drip machine v. pour over I made with local whole beans v. pour over made by a professional with quality beans, you would easily be able to tell the difference between each cup, 100% of the time

yep and I was living off that shit for awhile. Those were bad times

I've had nothing but shit luck with grinding my own beans.

Everything tastes like shit and mildewy when i grind it myself, but pregrounds taste good, no matter how cheap the brand like folgers.

You can tell the difference between instant and brewed.

You cannot tell the difference between beans from different countries.

Where are you getting your beans? The hopper machines at the grocery store are poison. Nobody uses them so the coffee sits in there for God knows how long with improper storage.

Start with something like Eight O'clock or Peet's, or better yet, find a local roaster. There will be someone selling cheap enough product if you live in a mid-size city.

I literally bought a bag of eight o clock original preground and whole bean and the whole bean version tasted like trash.
I also tried another whole bean, (joses) and it tasted basically identical despite being a dark roast
Am I supposed to air it out or something?

caffeine is pretty terrible. if you feel like crap, don't rely on caffeine to give you a boost. improve your diet and sleep more and lose some weight. drinking skim milk as really improved my energy levels, for example.

You're the same fag telling people to avoid cheese

You really dont think people can easily disinguish a brazilian bourbon variety with a good ethiopian yirgacheffe? You are comepletely fucking delusional, they might as well be different drinks.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE DISTINGUISHING COFFEE YOU ARE BUYING OLD BEANS, CHARCOALED BEANS OR CHEAP INDUSTRIAL BEANS

The fact that different brands are giving you the same results means you should look at your other constants.

I think you are either storing it incorrectly, or grinding it incorrectly.

What's your brewing method of choice?

Fuck off.

I'm using a french press and im using the same brewing method for preground coffee and I even use the same amount of grounds and water.

Im using a blade grinder which I wash after every use.

You should never clean a grinder with water. I think that explains the mildew taste.

You clean a grinder by wiping it out with a paper towel, and maybe running raw white rice or these specialty tablets called Grindz (I think) or something like that through it if there is lots of buildup.

I recently got the feeling that all my coffee tasted pretty bad, so I looked up proper methods again and followed them exactly, using the same preground beans as always.

My pourover improved drastically, even without having a precise way to pour (mostly a convenience thing, I think) and my french press tastes a bit better, though I was pretty close to proper method with that. The biggest thing that I was missing was using enough coffee.

No water and dish soap?
I clean the french press the same way and it doesn't make the coffee taste like mildew.

>You're the same fag telling people to avoid cheese
correct-o-mundo

The press is made for liquids. The grinder is not made with liquid in mind. It probably can't dry properly. I would recommend cleaning it with one of the dry methods in the future.

The grinding chamber is removable I let it dry completely before using it again.