Why is Walmart such a haven for the criminally obese?

Why is Walmart such a haven for the criminally obese?

I go in there for some chips and can barely make my way through the obstacle course of motorized carts and landwhales blocking each aisle. I just want to get my food and get out.

because poor people

I am glad there is no walmart in my city

I feel sorry for people who only have walmart

The chip isle is always packed too! Fuck Walmart

because you can get a lot of high fat food for cheap.

fat people are the majority of people who bargain shop for food. I mean "oh wow they have eggs on sale here for $0.89 a dozen, they have eggs for $0.99 a dozen at walmart" type conversations I sometimes hear at the checkout at the grocery. theyre always fat people buying shit like canned vegetables and the biggest pack of hotdogs they have in the store.

Yeah, It is Walmart's fault dumb (and therefore poor) people and make bad decisions

For a long time, Wal-Mart only sold processed meat/cheese, soda, chips, cookies, etc. If you only had a Wal-Mart in your area that sold those things, you'll probably be fat.

The Wal-Mart in my area sells fresh bread, imported cheese, fresh fruits and vegetables, etc. though.

Are there really that any people that only have walmart?

i have two walmarts in my town (yea I know, it's trump country here in northern ny) and they both have a considerable amount of fresh vegetables and healthier options. I don't actually buy food there, but from what I've obviously been inside and that's how it looks. their produce section is probably the same size as the regular grocery.

>fresh fruits and vegetables

Imported from Mexico. I'd rather starve.

go ahead then. nobody's going to force feed you, this isn't guantanamo bay.

>Fat people
>Vegetables

Unless it's ketchup or pasta sauce, I don't think so.

i see it all the time. people riding through the grocery in those carts with the scooter attached with the basket part filled with canned corn and canned green beans.

They probably have sugar added, that's why. There's no other excuse to buy canned in this day and age.

it's cheaper and doesn't need to be kept cold.

Is keeping it cold really such a hassle? Who doesn't have a freezer? For price I'd rather pay the extra 30 cents and get a much better tasting vegetable.

maybe you don't want to use it right away?
It makes little sense to buy fresh unless you are buying for that night

Way out in rural areas this is the case. There's usually some super-overpriced - not out of maliciousness, they just have shit distribution and relations with suppliers - local grocery chain that pretty much only sells canned food and apples.

Then they build a Wal-Mart in some relatively central location and since you're already driving 30+ minutes to get groceries, why not go a bit further and find a place that sells lots of things? And hey, it's cheaper to boot!

Soon enough the local place can't compete by any metric - price, availability, variety, major brand names - so they go away. Now we live in Wal-Mart land!

yeah, but what percent of us actually live in such areas?

Basically every single place with more than 10,000 people but less than 50,000 people more than an hour from a major US city with atleast 200,000 people in the US has a wal-mart and only a wal-mart because it ran everywhere else out of business because the people there were poor

It happened to us all sometime in the past. Maybe it was our parents that dealt with it. But 's example is the tried-and-true method for how Walmart takes over. Some towns protest their building a Walmart because they don't want all the mom n pops to go under.

Places with more than 25,000 people typically support several grocery stores

Also, such places are a tiny fraction of the country

This. I'm living in a town of 25,500, we have a Wal-Mart, H-E-B, and two small Mexican grocers. I've only seen one or two towns with just a Wal-Mart.

Because everyone is fat and stupid except you. You're such a shining example of human excellence. I'm sure it's hard not to notice the inadequacies of others given your superiority.

Inb4 nerd rage

>isle

Walmart shopper detected

Fucking families and kids in the ice cream isles and just blocking everything.

No one cares or asked what you'd prefer.

I'm in a rural town of 12,000 and we at least have a Kroger and several smaller specialty stores besides a Walmart.
This town sucks but I feel we dodged the poverty bullet here.

EBT
Section 8
Wellfare
Food Stamps

>corn and green beans
I don't even consider those vegetables, given their relatively high caloric content.

well then youre an idiot.

>in there for some chips
If you can't beat em join em amirite