>ask for change
>"oh sorry i dont have change"
>"oh that's alright then"
>call up pizza place and ask for my change back
>they make the pizza boy drive all the way back to give me $3.69 in change

Entitled little fucks.

I can already tell, this thread is gonna be epic

kek

I work in food service myself, and it's really offensive to not give people their change back even if you're expecting a tip.

>order pizza
>30 and some change
>pizza bitch shows up, I hand him two twentys
>he hand me my pizza, he starts to walk off
>yobitchwheresmychange.webm
>oh sorry, I thought it was a tip.

Who the fuck is going to tip a driver 33 percent.

Checked.

The minimum acceptable tip is 20% now, so it's not too far fetched.

I order pizza from the same place. they have three different drivers, one is a 50 something fat guy, another is a 20 something regular white guy probably a college kid and the third is some teenage blonde white chick. when I pay cash the first two are the only ones that ask if I want change, the chick just says thanks and leaves. I don't actually want change, but it's still pretty funny.

not taking this bait

>minimum acceptable tip

I tip $1 if i get my pizza before 45 minutes, otherwise i round up to the nearest 50 cents

Enjoy your spit.

That's funny, i was staying at the Westin NY on W43rd last night and ordered from a dollar slice joint, a lot of food.
>two beefs with cheese
>buffalo chix medium pie
and I tipped the guy $5 on a $20 bill, since security made him wait in the lobby like a chump.

i was hammered at the time
>6PM fuck yeah
but the next day i went to the shop and asked for a receipt
>expense account fuck yeah
and not only did they recognize my order, but the wop behind the counter wrote me a receipt with no total, so i wrote it in and expensed a pizza meal for $75.

tipping is the best

I once tipped 50% because I didn't want to do math. granted I was told the pizza would take about an hour and the guy showed up 10 minutes later

Your neighbors already hate you and consider you garbage. You know this, right?

I have a shitty teaching job that pays 3k a month. I live in a shit $430 a month apartment to try to save for a nice house. I can't go giving 20% tips every time i eat out

and i dont give a fuck what my nigger neighbors think

Lucky 7 man, I always pay 20s and dont ask for change. if my bill is $23, the drivers getting a $17 tip. if it's $18 the driver gets a $2 tip.

or if i pay with a card, which I usually do, I give a $10 tip since the math is easy. that's usually over 33%.

Based quads

i am glad i live in canada and we don't have mandatory tipping wages for our customer service people.

must suck eating nigger spit all day in usa?

I live in vermont, we don't have any black people here. the blacks are mostly concentrated from our days of legalized segregation.

but i'm not that guy. I always tip well.

You're just a cheap ass nigger jew because I make around that much and pay that much in rent and I always make sure to tip

>I can't go giving 20% tips every time i eat out
if you're so pinched for money perhaps you shouldn't eat out as much, or at all

Drunk people will tip drivers absurd amounts.

>tfw I once tipped 115%
Debit-at-your-door is a deadly weapon for drunk people.

$430 a month? what state are you in? I can't even imagine that shit.

i always go to the actual place just to avoid giving any fag a tip. just order the pizza and go drive to pick it up. it takes half the time and your not tipping some beaner or faggot stoner

Not that user but I live in central Texas and pay 440 a month in a nice suburb with no niggers

You make 600 more than I do per month, I pay 665 for rent, have a car note, and I still manage to save nearly a grand a month and tip appropriately, though 20% is not some stupid minimum for restaurant service. Anyone who bitches about getting 15% needs to go sit in the corner and think about their life.

What is the point of that?

wow. I pay 2 grand a month in northern ny but that's on the upper end around here. no nigs in my town.

Yea and I make a little more than 2 grand a month depending on how much over time I work so I'm just stacking money in the bank

good for you (no sarcasm). sounds like a good setup, especially if youre in your 20s.

i'm 23 and retired, so i dont really give a shit personally. I'll pay whatever to not have to deal with owning a place. I went that route twice, it was more than I wanted to deal with.

>order pizza online
>pay with credit card
>go to pick it up
>take it home and eat it
fucking assholes didn't even tip me.

I can't fathom living in a third world country that doesn't have minimum wage standards.

I'm Australia we order pizza and pay with credit card and I don't think there is even an option to enter a tip.

K

That was the highlight of your day?

How are they going to spit in your pizza if it's right fucking there at the door

I don't feel like tipping ever because I should only pay the purchase price.
>enjoy your spit :^)
This is the most retarded shit ever. Your job is to deliver the food to my table or house and abide by the health and basic decency standards, mine is to pay for the product and service for the amount that says on the receipt. The one crossing the line is the one spitting on the food, not the customer for not tipping even if the bill is $10 or $100 or $1000+.

>i'm 23 and retired

I need details

If you order pizza regularly, they'll recognize your address and spit in the pizza beforehand because you didn't tip well enough last time.

well I'm not some dumbass who orders pizza every day

Enjoy spit in your food next time you order. You havent ordered twice from the same place without tipping right? I wrote down their addresses to remember the non tippers. Not only would they get their order last, because why would I take the extra effort to get there in a timely manner that you want a free delivery but yes, i fucked with the food of people that didnt tip. some of them I was able to add a larger delivery fee that automatically went on their ticket no matter who took the order so I couldnt LOSE MONEY on a delivery anymore. Gas costs money and if its a mom and pop place, a 0-1 dollar fee isnt enough to cover gas to your place and back to the store. Sorry, I dont do this job as a public service where I have to pay part of my wages to deliver to you.
What youre saying is just because you arent being FORCED to pay extra, you will take a free delivery and take it out on the pizza guy and expect him to not do anything. Youre a fucking moron.

Im going to take it out of you one way or another. Deal with it.

that's a lot of text. i can't believe i considered reading more than a line of it.

i hope you enjoy your life, buddy. money can't mean more than your dignity

wow what a pathetically entitled pizza delivery driver.

haha i'm not reading that shit. good thing youre drunk, right?

>hat youre saying is just because you arent being FORCED to pay extra, you will take a free delivery and take it out on the pizza guy and expect him to not do anything.
>and take it out on the pizza guy
>expect him to not do anything.
It's the other way around you humongous faggot, I'm not taking it out on anybody, I'm paying the amount that the receipt asks for just like I'm supposed to. Be glad that we're not legally allowed to shoot you on sight if we find out you fuck with our food.

>be me broke college student
>one week cant get paid at my shit job because of probably at their bank
>end up living on 50 cent cokes from campus vending machine
>walking home from class
>look to my left
>fucking $10 and $5 bill in a bush
>grab that shit
>get home and find my pizza coupons
>order me up cheapest pizza I can get
>pizza's here
>total is $14 something
>hand the delivery girl my newly found cash
>she looks at me and gives me a scowl
>says "you're welcome" in a bitchy tone and stomps off
Last time I ordered from there

*problem at bank
fucks sake

parents were plastic engineers with over 50 current patents that they get royalties for. some of their plastics have been used in the sensors in blu-ray players and on the roof and hood of the prius for example. They gave me a seven figure trust fund, I met the right people that knew how to make financial investments and now i'm good. i'll also inherit their money.

you should go to school and learn to make things that other people will use to make things if you want to go that route. you don't have to go the ivy league route, especially these days with the internet. just have a good work ethic, which I don't but my parents did.

>the district feels that your pay should be 1k a month from now on
b-b-but why?
>we're saving up for a nice school

>order pizza
>pick up pizza myself
>entitled pizza driver doesn't get my money
feels good man

Retired- having left one's job and ceased to work.

You're not retired, you're a NEET.

No, you didn't do your job well enough last time. That's on you. You have an issue with your wage? Take it up with your boss. You're not my employee. The customer is the last person you should be passive-aggressive like a woman at.

And don't fucking start with the "hurr I only make $2 an hour" that's a fucking lie, if you didn't make over $10 through tips, you'd quit and find a different minimum wage job. You tip fucks have it made in the shade and you'll be the first in the ovens.

The local driver for my Dominoes is happy. Startlingly happy. 100% full pure joy at 11PM on a Friday delivering fucking pizzas in the humidity and cicada buzzes. It really amazes me. His attitude is inspirational.

he's stoned

Then he would quit.

An expense account will reimburse him for whatever he had to pay for. Turning in the receipt with a higher amount than he paid will allow him to make even more money off the company.

Pizza was $20, tip was $5 =$25 spent. user writes $75 and the company gives him that money, often without question.

not a neet, i'm going for a phd with no actual interest in getting a job. I may go into politics, I'm related through marriage to george soros. you may hear my name one day.

name related. youll know it when you hear it.

If you can't live without begging money from customers to supplement your paycheck, perhaps you should get a better job.

>cutting my pay by two-thirds is the same as me not giving delivery drivers a tip for doing shit at their job

this is how stupid you sound

having been a delivery boy, you should always tip at least 2 bucks and then apply normal tipping prices for orders above 20 bucks. Your case certainly sounds like an entitled piece of shit.

>implying servants are tipped because of begging and not because of social norms.

>with no interest of a job
Basically NEET status. The idea is never making anything of yourself. You're getting educated but really to no end.

you're right, sorry

>>the district feels that we don't have to pay you this month
b-b-but why?
>by our subjective metrics, you're shit at your job
ok

Why so aggressive? I don't work with tip wage, I never said that I did. I was just explaining how shitty pizza guys will fuck with your food if you don't tip well enough. I hate tipping more than anyone.

I was born into something greater than you will probably ever be.

also, not cooking related, Veeky Forums has endorsed donald trump, who was at one point in his life the same thing that I am. go ahead and be mad, mr "I get paid by the hour"

>being such a lazy shit you can't drive your fat ass to the store to pick it up so you don't have to worry about the delivery guy being late or not giving him a tip

Don't live in a country where the social norm is to fuck over the customer even harder for profit so their employees can earn a decent living wage but still get away with paying them next to nothing.

>worrying about giving some fucking college faggot/failed adult a tip

wut

Tipping stemmed from bribery.

No need to be salty. Some people are just born with more privileges than others, so what?
Good for that user if he gets to enjoy life doing whatever he wants. It's his choice if he doesn't want to work, who are you to judge him for it? And don't give me that "contributing to society" bullshit, especially considering that if you could, you wouldn't work either.

>Eating fast food
>Not having the money to eat at a proper restaurant every day.
Fucking plebs lmao

I'm glad my pizza place is a 5 minute walk away so I don't have to deal with this faggotry

>walk
haha this faggot doesnt use a car like a normal person.

I'm not judging him for it. He should live his life how he wants. I'm not even the original dude calling him a NEET. He isn't retired, he just has no interest in getting a job.

And he's right. He was born into something greater than me. Plenty of people are born into shit way worse than me. Such is life and the world. No need to spread hatred.

Tip culture is getting out of hand.

Just today, I was at a Taco Del Mar, and when I paid for my order, there was a tip option on the debit machine.

Goddamn. Tipping makes *some* sense in actual restaurants with waitstaff, or in food services where deliveries are common.

I was asked to tip in what was essentially a pseudo-Mexican equivalent of a Subway.

And I don't even live in the US.

My friend who hadn't slept in 5 days tipped a hairdresser $100

>this is a minimum wage cuck power fantasy

why would they not put the tip option on the paper they give you to sign? it might get their workers some more money and it doesn't cost them anything.

I think the POS systems all have the tip option built in. I live in a country that doesn't even have tipping but because we're kinda English-speaking and the US is the biggest POS system market there's always an option to tip on the receipt. I assume they build them all to US specifications.

Why didn't you just get carryout. God if you guys are so poor you can't afford to tip then just save the money on delivery fee too and go pick it up yourself

Tip from a former pizza driver here, they ALWAYS carry change. They have to deliver like 3-4 pizzas to different people. Personally I always said I didn't have change as in coins, but I always had a ton of dollars. That person straight up lied to you, and good for you for calling them and demanding your change.

Oh and just to add, the manager gives several ones and sometimes fives at the start of your shift. So that person was just trying to be sneaky and greedy.

As far as coin change goes, everyone can fuck off about that. Gas money is involved since you get only a small amount of money per delivery, you do somewhat rely on tips even if you make minimum wage. Wear and tear on the car adds up.

That's because you're doing it for yourself, retard. Would you deliver someone's pizza for free?

Bernie's out of the race, bud. Just end it now.

that's why I ask when I make the order how much it's going to cost, that way, by the time the driver arrives, i'll be there waiting with exact change to give them.

>order pizzas
>estimated time 40 minutes
>takes 50 minutes
>driver throws in a bunch of free dips even though the order time wasn't guaranteed because of the deal I got

My local pizzapizza is pretty based sometime

>order take out
>realize they have been charging me a delivery fee
>never tip a penny again
i know the delivery fee its supposed to cover gas and shit and the delivery guy doesnt make anything out of it but fuck it, charge me a fee and tips go away

>delivery driver doesn't fulfill his job properly

Why is it the responsibility of the customer to pick up where the pizza delivery slacker clearly failed.

I used to deliver pizza in my late teens, and most of us who did so ha collaborated lists of adresses who usually ordered pizza.
The tippers would always get their pizza first, no matter if there were other deliveries on that Route. The non-tippers would get their pizza last.

did you ever wonder why people treat your profession with zero respect?

>don't pay for your delivery
>get worse service

welcome to the free market

I'm not even a yank but that's pretty fucking petty.

We don't tip in bongland but I'll round it up to the nearest quid.
Occasionally they get an extra 1 or 2 quid tip but that's because I know it's a shitty job.

I paid your boss for my food.

Any problems you have with renumeration for your services is something you'll need to take up with your employer.

A trained dog could do your job so don't act like you have any value to society by ferrying low-quality food a few miles down the road.

trained dogs can't drive, idiot.

I dont really care what cheapskates like you who cant give a 2 dollar tip to kids trying to make aliving for themselves. There were sometimes deliveries made to people like you, who feel the pathetic need to trashtalk to working teens. Know that we laughed just as much at you as you probably did at us.
And if you claim to be so much smarter than pizza deliveries, you should know not to mess with those who make and deliver your food.

You strike me as one of those people who went apeshit when they wanted to charge you 5 cents for bags at the grocery store.

Lousy cheapskates.

you paid the boss for food, not the driver for delivery

better hurry up and pick your tendies up, your good boy points weren't enough to cover a tip this time!

When did I say I was smarter than a pizza delivery boy?

I'm not trash talking anybody. I'm addressing the bizarre belief you seem to have that I owe you something. You think I pay your place of business to interact some stoned, acne-faced child. I pay for pizza.

Your existence on my doorstep is an unfortunate side-effect I need to deal with in order to have my food come to me. I don't care in the slightest that you think you don't earn enough.

Get a new job, kill yourself. I don't care.

what the fuck are you talking about? tendies? good boy points?

do pizza delivery drivers only make tips? no, they get paid hourly. if thats too low they need to negotiate wiht their boss.

This doesnt happen in any other industry. If my mechanic asked for a tip i would laugh in his face. and his job actually matters.