Why do people pour drinks into a glass instead of drinking from the bottle or can...

Why do people pour drinks into a glass instead of drinking from the bottle or can? I can understand with wine where the smell might affect the taste so you want it in a more open container for easier smelling. But why do people pour soda, juice, beer, etc. from a single serving bottle or can into a glass? What is the porpoise behind it?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10598286
beeradvocate.com/beer/101/glassware/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't like drinking from the bottle. it creates suction/pressure issues for me and my lips. I drink it straight from the can if I get cans. I prefer cans if I can get my preferred beer in cans.

>porpoise

well, with beer you can enjoy the head, as you have pictured

>I cna understand with wine where the smell might affect the taste so you want it in a more open container for easier smelling
>craft beer doesn't exist to you for some reason
Take a guess, genius

I drink from the bottle. The smaller opening concentrates the liquid more into my mouth rather than a veritable wave when using a glass.

Plus no need to wash a glass. :3

I love head. I don't like beer fizz if it can be avoided.

It does, but the smell of beer doesn't do anything for me as far as taste goes.

because it's annoying to drink from a bottle, you either pour it into your mouth or keep suction on it, drinking it from the bottle is purely for convenience, if you are at home there is no reason not to pour it, it allows you to take the drink in at the pace you want easily.

>those flames

made it funnier when there should be none.

What are you guys going on about? I've never experienced anything related to suction when drinking from a bottle. I drink from it like I do with a glass. I don't suck on it or anything.

it doesn't matter, a glass is easier to drink from and better to drink from and it takes 5 seconds to pour, so there's no reason not to at home.

probably a drinking technique thing that i don't want to get into since I can always just buy glassses if i'm going somewher that I'm not sure if they have them. maybe my lips unconsciously function a bit different, i'm a professional trombone player? idk.

>i'm a professional trombone player? idk.
That might be it. I used to play the recorder, so I understand.

The way I drink now is I put my bottom lip under the rim of the bottle and basically angle the bottle back and pour/let it flow into my mouth to enjoy the deliciousness.

you probably wouldnt know the levels of autism some people have without actually being autistic if you weren't me. i teach several "whole foods kids" theyre pretty much give the presence of donald trumps kids or someone that might someday commit a mass shooting. theyre two ends of the same thing. I only actually like one of them.

but yea, that's what I think it is with glass bottles. I would rather just drink from the glass since I have beer glasses at home and can buy some new if i'm going over to someone's house that I assume is poor.

Now that we're on the subject of bottles, how do you guys hold your bottles?

strawpoll.me/10598286

I usually do 1 but if I'm drunk I sometimes do 3, it feels lazier and more relaxed somehow.

That beer is really good

I put a coozie on mine if I don't pour it into a glass.

I'm not in college anymore and I don't honestly remember how I did back when I had to drink it straight. i think I was similar to # 3 but with only my phalages 1, 2 and 3.

so pretty much exactlly #3. sorry I wasnt' looking at the picture and ive been enjoying the subject of this thread.

Glasses are more armoatic

I can confirm. I am drinking it right now and it is really good.

Either you're drinking shit beer or you don't know what you're talking about.

Taste is 80% smell. Putting your beer into an open container so it can breathe and expel more smell helps round out the flavor.

The last sentence.

3 because i have warm hands and i like cold drinks

>But why do people pour soda, juice, beer, etc. from a single serving bottle or can into a glass?

Same reason why you're supposed to decant red wine, but to a much lesser. You don't do it for hours of course, but it has to "breath" for a while so full richness of flavor can be felt.

3 usually, my hands are biggish and they warm up cold things
If I'm not resting it on anything and not drinking at that moment, I'll usually support the bottle with a couple of fingers of my left hand on the bottle. Also lets me tap it, not sure why I do but I tend to gently tap things I'm holding

It's our right as Americans to be wasteful. If you do this and you aren't an American you are being watched and your days are numbered.

>2016
>not drinking literally everything out of your superior teku glass, so that you can truly experience the nuances your beverage

shiggy diggy my friends

Beer in glass for presentation and flavor

Beer in bottle if you are swigging piss beer at a backyard party

I'm not much of a soda drinker, but the smell of cola is probably the best part.

Smell is 85 or 90% of taste, so the easier it is to get a good whiff of what you're drinking, the better it will taste usually

Smell effects how everything tastes.

Smell affects the taste of literally every food and beverage.

>this isn't flavortown anymore

For beers it depends of how strong its aroma is and head that you want.
Here are some examples of the types of glass. There are others glasses like the curahzy glass that the Belgian Kwak has.
beeradvocate.com/beer/101/glassware/

if the bottle is small, 3, but normally 1