Cooking for vegan friends

I'm having a couple of friends over. Two of them are vegan. I'm not. I'm also not very creative. I'd be very thankful for an easy to prepare vegan recipe to cook for us all. I can't get my hands on any fancy meat-substitutes or US sauces, seeing I live in a small town in Europe. I also don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. Your help is very appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/165190/spicy-vegan-potato-curry/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just give them random grass and plants

Stir fried veggies over quinoa

They are already too scrawny. I want to feed them, not starve them.

Salad with nuts and fruits or vegetables
Stir fried veggies over rice
Pumpkin soup
Spaghetti
Coconut curry
It's not that fucking hard OP just google it for chrissake

Thank you, I like the curry idea. I guess bell pepper and carrots go well. Maybe tofu/tempeh. Any fancy twists to make it better?

some pita/wraps with falafel and hummus

>Fortified Dairy Substitutes 1-2 cups
>Fortified Dairy Substitutes
>Fortified
>muh superior vegan ways
>requires industrial processes to put in enough real nutrients to keep you alive
Cook steak.
Have a bowl of whole heads of cabbage for the vegans.
>always approach a vegan carefully to not spook it
>don't touch it, just hold out your hand and let it come to you
>offer cabbage, palms up
>befriend vegan

Okay, so this is the internet, where even intelligent people like to sound like troglodytes. Just let me tell you, I like and respect my two vegan friends, that's why I want them to feel at home. They never shoved their eating habits down my throat, they are kind and one of them happens to be smartest person I know. So just don't read the damn thread instead of insulting, people you don't know, people that are my friends! Personally, I don't think nutrition doesn't matter that much and there are bigger problems, but to each their own.

Pasta putanesca sans anchovies

Hors d'oeuvre:
Mushroom caps stuffed with chopped mushroom stems, breadcrumbs, nooch, parsley and garlic. Also various raw or blanched veg, especially fennel, with a citronette dressing and/or seasoned olive oil for dipping. IE crudité.
If you can't find nooch (nutritional yeast, which tastes cheesy), black volcanic salt works just as well or, if all else fails, omit it entirely and it'll still be pretty good.

First course:
Kale and white bean soup with sourdough toasts spread with margarine.

Second course:
Chickpea polenta. Side dishes of sautéed bitter peppers and tomato, bean croquettes and aubergines stewed in carrot sauce.

Salad:
mixed lettuces, large-leaf parsley and ribboned carrot and radish with garlic balsamic vinaigrette.

Dessert:
cherry cheesecake made with silken tofu topped with lemon marmalade glaze. Or various vegan biscuits/cookies. Also coffee or tea.

I served something similar recently, only it wasn't vegan. Also had tea sandwiches with cucumber, smoked salmon and cream cheese.

>one of them happens to be smartest person I know
probably an extremely low bar to hit

>Personally, I don't think nutrition doesn't matter that much
yep

Well, I'm not smart, I really struggled to get my MSc in a hard science. But I've attended the Lindau Meetings once. There where a few smart people there. And yes double negative, I feel dumb.

All of that sounds delicious. A bit much, but awesome.

If you aren't making preparations to force feed them meat then you aren't a friend at all and are more like a trained dog.

Strap them down and force-feed them all of the meat in your house. Then, all of the meat in your neighbors' houses. Keep going until they are dead or they will never so much as touch a plant again without vomiting, whichever happens first.

Serve a big bowl of vitamins and dietary supplements.

Make sure that the vitamin pills are coated in shellac (an animal byproduct), but don't tell them until the meal is finished. Make sure they also know what animal it's derived from ([spoiler]it's a resin secreted by beetles[/spoiler]).

Cook beef hot dogs say they are vegan hot dogs you made your self then after they eat them say they were made from vegans...

>vegan
>friends

kill them then yourself

Pesto pasta is a nice dish, just make sure you buy noodles without eggs and don't use any Parmesan in your pesto. Just google vegan pesto and use the simplest one. Vegan pesto is great without nutritional yeast, so if you find a recipe with it just pick a different recipe.

You can saute up some veggies and serve it over it, or diced tomatoes. If you want to serve a meat dish also, pasta is a good option because you can cook everything separately and combine on the plate. Just make sure you don't mix your utensils or oils.

Make Mexican food. Best vegan cuisine in the world. Thug Kitchen has some really good recipes. I recommend their peach salsa (I use canned peaches packed in water and it turns out awesome)

Mexican food is a good idea. If you buy canned stuff, just make sure to read the ingredients. Lots of refried beans are made with lard, and lots of beans are made with meat broths.

Rice, dal, a vegetable curry (cabbage and potato works well) and some greens cooked with genger and hot pepper. Pubjabi style doesn't require much more exotic spices than cumin, coriander seed and turmeric. You could throw that together in less than an hour. It will be satisfying, cheap and delicious. It's also a meal you can eat as a non-vegan and still enjoy.

>rice
Make flatbread. It's easy. And more impressive

>dal
this. make sambar dhal with naan bread shit is cash

which country are you in?
what ethnicity are the friends?
what country are the friends from?

That went downhill rather quickly
Faster than a vegan descending Mt. Everest.

That wouldn't really offend me. I like cabbage. Especially in soup. It's not winter without cabbage soup.

Why don't you just ask them what ingredients you should buy and let them cook for everyone? I'm sure they have vegan cooking methods they'd be happy to share. And it could be a bonding experience. I think this is a more reasonable approach to cooking for people with a dietary restriction that you don't know how to cook for. Lazier, maybe. I think I'd have more fun watching somebody cook something I don't know how to than struggling to make it up.

Mediterranean food.

> Hummus, Babaghanoush, Muhammara, Tashi
> Falafel
> Tempeh souvlaki with tzatziki (you can use fresh cashew cream or non-dairy sour cream/soy yogurt like Follow Your Heart). Fresh cashew cream works great if you have a good blender. Just boil cashews for like 20 minutes, strain, and blend with some added soy milk or water, lemon juice, salt.
> Pita bread/chips
> Pita sandwiches (all of the above + cucumber/tomato/olive/etc)
> Tabbouleh (I like to make it with quinoa for added protein)
> Dolma (with crumbled tempeh if you want)
> Sarma

Also, pseudo-indian food.

> Spicy chickpea and roasted red pepper curry over coconut jasmine rice
> Chana masala

You can also toss chickpeas with oil and bake until crispy, then toss again with a spice blend to make a neat crunchy snack or to throw into a salad.

Other random ideas:

> Fried polenta strips
> King oyster mushroom 'scallops' - you chop the stems to look like scallops, marinade in white wine/lemon juice/whatever, then fry them until golden on both sides
> Avocado and cashew-cream-based coleslaw
> Black bean enchiladas
> Goddamn spaghetti with lentil balls
> Literally anything made with ground beef, but using lentils instead
> Tacos with lentils fried up with onion/garlic/minced mushroom and taco seasoning

I eat a lot of lentils and chickpeas.

Or just search through minimalistbaker.com for something that looks tasty

Sounds like Noma

You could try Ratatouille, OP. You just have to make tomato sauce and put the veggies on top of it, then cook it in the oven.

Anything with yeast is not vegan. Do not use bread that has yeast.

Yeast is classified as fungi. It's vegan.

Yeast is alive and you have to kill it for that bread to rise. Do not feed a vegan yeast without them knowing it's in your dish.

If they are really vegan they will not eat yeast.

Plants are also alive. Fungi are not animals. Vegans do not want to eat animals.

A vegan should not eat or use anything from a source of a living thing.

Go redefine the word, then.

>being this bored and wanting to argue
Summer? Summer.

Fuck off poser vegans.
Oh I just noticed it's 'straya shit post time. Have fun, cunts I'm heading out.

Looks like something you'd plant a bonsai tree in.

>Noma
I dare you to google image this

You can easily make a veggie "bolognese" pasta dish.

Olive oil
Onion
carrot
celery
mushroom
garlic
Tomato paste
oregano/rosemary
crushed tomatoes
vegetable stock
parsley

Play with it as you will

underrated post

Plants are alive. You could argue that virus aren't alive though.

Pasta is really easy. Lots of options for vegan food these days

How the fuck do you make sarma without meat?
Ground meat and pieces of cured meat are an essential part of it. Without that it's just some garbage vegetable cabbage rolls, not sarma.

Make new friends

Really makes you think...

Crumbled, marinaded and fried tempeh.

>force-feed them all of the meat
>will never so much as touch a plant again without vomiting
That's not how it works, you retard. You'd have to forcibly stuff them with every vegetable possible, in every hole possible.

Being vegan, the best advice I can give for this is to basically not make 'vegan food' and make food that has been around a long time and happens to be vegan.

This has vegan in the name of the recipe, but the point is it doesn't use any uniquely vegan or specialty health food ingredients.

allrecipes.com/recipe/165190/spicy-vegan-potato-curry/

>two of them are vegan
Stopped reading there.

>make food that has been around a long time and happens to be vegan.

This. Though I might make an exception for non-dairy substitutions like plant milk, cashew cream, or mayonnaise (especially if aquafaba).

All the vegans I know love semen since it's the only animal product they can ethically eat. Why not make a homemade salad dressing?

Bisexual here, ironically my past gay partners have eaten *tons* of meat, which makes a bit of sense when you think about it. Trying to prove masculinity and whatnot.

Ironically, I went vegan while in my first heterosexual relationship. But it cured my ED, so I guess that's a plus.

Jesus, anti-vegans are the worst.

Maybe you're not gay but just gullible and the woman/man cured your ED