Lobster bisque

Try to name a better soup.

Pro tip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lentil-sausage-soup-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The blood of my employees

Callalloo soup with crab gundy and dumplings.

Cream of crab

Seafood gumbo

Chicken Chilli

French Canadian pea and ham

>chicken noodle
>vichyssoise
>French onion
>minestrone
That was easy

CLAM CHOWDAH
IN A SOURDOUGH BREAD BOWL

And of course, bouillabaisse

Pho

You're not fond of the 'ton, user?

yeah no

>yeah no
Explain to the class in detail how a flavorless shit stew made out the parts of sea bugs is better than any of those classics. We'll wait.

>yeah no
Why do millenials say this?

I'm not sure what your point is. You're against bottom-feeders and lobster? That makes no sense given you like viccisouse.

Your silly hyperbole about "sea bugs"? One could easily call any of the soups you listed "a stew of dead carcass" given that they are all based on a stock of some kind. That's just dumbass semantics.

>>Classics
You know lobster bisque is indeed a classic, right?

>Why do millennials say this?
Why do baby boomers say this?

Because they fell asleep in English and pretend that they have ideas of their own.

You have not made the case why this particular classic is the best, other than "prove me wrong" and "yeah no" so other than an empty unsubstantiated declarative sentence, what's your point? You've been given a list of soups that are superior to your shit shell and cream shit basket, so... Balls in your court. Prove ME wrong. Make your case, fuckwit.

DO WANT

You were supposed to prove him wrong, and you made a list with an unsubstantiated declarative statement at the end.
The ball has been in your court this entire time.
Still waiting on you.

Also, chicken noodle is the tendies of the soup world. Fucking grow up, man.

>chicken noodle
5 year olds are not allowed to post here

K. Chicken noodle is classic comfort food. Vichyssiose is delightful in its simple elegance of two ingredients. As is French onion, nothing but onions, broth, and cognac that develops a richness and depth that warms the soul. Minestrone is not only nutritious, but versatile and complex in its layers of flavors. And finally, boullebaise, that wonderful dish of multiple fish and its regional differences made by fisherman and the daily catch combined with the lovely rouille is far superior than some shit bisque made out of ground up lobster shells. Happy?

Have you guys had she-crab soup? It's a super flavorful crab bisque that they add sherry to right before serving. Sooooo fucking good

Mmmmmnnyesss I daresay I only enjoy soup made from only the finest local seafood cooked with raw cream and fresh grown greens

Only a cretin would find their palette appeased by beef and chicken diluted with dross such as rice and noodles and other such plebian fare but I digress I'm certain that Veeky Forums is already aware of this

>Happy?

Nope. You're just using loaded language--choosing nice-sounding ways to describe the soups you like, while using less desirable terms to describe the bisque you don't. Nothing about what you stated is objective.

Suit yourself. Lobster bisque is nothing more than tomato soup with cream and ground up shells. It's something people with little money and no taste order to be "fancy." It's shit.

potato

And it's a way for the restaurateur to use up all the stuff (not a bad thing mind) and get you to pay top dollar for it, OTH all those homely soups I listed above can be made for under $15US

chicken noodle all the way

I like hot broth soups like miso, they get me warmed up and feeling good

>miso

any gumbo

i'll be honest sea bug shitposts really do make me fucking angry, bugs don't fucking have meat in them, they aren't giant aquatic animals they are bugs.

>
image.jpg

Every fucking time.

>ground up shells
>in a soup/bisque

mad cuz bad

the most delicious and comfy soup

Tomato with a grilled cheese

best soup ever invented

>Tfw never had it

Do you have to make your own, or does somewhere in Canada make it good?

Jesus fuck you really trigger my shit you twat, fucking amerifats. Fuck you and your sea bug bullshit you cocksucker

Bisques are French in origin, user.

>Say Vichyssiose is good because it's simple
>Say lobster bisque is bad because it's simple
Retard

they are sea bugs though. both are in the arthopoda family, and, unlike what said, bugs do have meat (muscular tissue) in them. while the language may be seen as distasteful to people who don't like bugs, it is not by any means an "hyperbole"

lol fucking mad

>Lelel ebin triggered meme XD XD :^)

Camrawfish Bisque

Crawfish Bisque I mean

I am in the process of making this right now

Why is there a chopped wang in that soup?

chestnut

Why not?

These are not soups, they are stews

Lobster bisque is delicious but not healthy, it is literally just going to make you shit your brains out from all of the cream and Plugra.

French onion soup is a bowl full of stewed caramelized onions. I mean carm onions are nice but it is bistro/pub food and I would never want that as a main course.

Oh hey it's the soup autist again.

>2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

/thread

Indian poo?

How do I make a tasty peanut and pumpkin soup?

Easy.
Sweat mirepoix, peanuts, and pumpkin chunks in a pot. When the onions are soft, pour in some chicken or vegetable stock. Simmer for a while. Puree while hot. Season to taste. Garnish with some crushed peanuts.

I don't have any blender type tools. Is there a way for me to puree?

Lentil Soup desu

Not easily. Back in the old days before blenders people used a mortar & pestle, then pressed the food through a fine screen called a tamis. Believe me, you don't want to have to do that. It's a massive pain in the ass. And you probably don't have a tamis anyway.

Why not get a blender? If you do any cooking at all they are super useful.

curry isn't soup.

Borrow a neighbor's blender. I do it all the time.

Mostly an issue of space.
I'm not very experienced with cooking, this sounds like an interesting thing to make though, might get some blender eventually. What would go well with this?

No you don't

Prove it

I think it would go great with some sausage.

I can't but I don't believe you

I've been using the Pings' (my Chinese neighbors) blender for months.

Aren't they bothered ?

Months? Fuck man. I can see borrowing it once or twice, but at this point don't you think you're taking advantage of the situation?

No. Jim and Ellen Ping. Nice people. Nice folks.

I'm sure they are bothered, they're just too polite to tell you. I hope you've been doing them favors in return.

Thanks user.
Those are strange names for chinesem sure they're not korean?

I think those are their Americanized names. Jim is probably named Jiang or something.

I can't believe you idiots are falling for bait this hard. Stop giving him attention, Jesus Christ

user... Y u ding the Pings like that?

There has yet to be an argument made for why sea bug exoskeleton milk stew is "the best."

It's really tasty

Borsch is still the best.

In a bread bowl, of course.

Why are normies almost universally terrible at soup?

i love you user. honestly do. stay the way you are, do it for me okay?

my favorites in order:

tonkotsu ramen, pho, tom yum goong, borscht, tuscany tomato soup, ginger and hokkaido, lentils, spätzle & hot sausage , a variation of a traditional swabian dish

>spätzle
Doesn't look like a soup

Tomato Basil is based as fuck.

if you go by the soup autists definition then it is not a soup. neither would be tonkotsu ramen, I believe? I am not sure.

the original dish is lentins, spätzle and wiener sausages together. it's not a soup. the variant I'm referring to is made with lots of broth and cooked hot sausages. the spätzle are cooked in the boiling soup and lentils. it's delicious, eaten best with some really crusty sourdough bread. you should make it some time :~)

Recipe or name of this dish pl0x?

Does this recipe + spätzle proximate it?
foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lentil-sausage-soup-recipe.html

I did not find a sufficient recipe online so I will just tell you how my family does it. You need.

Brown lentils, soaked overnight (or even from a can)
Eggs, Flour, Water for the Spätzle (very simple to make, just look up a recipe online)
Onion, Carrot, lots of Parsley
Diced ham
Veggie Stock
White wine vinegar
Spices for me are just ground pepper (a shitton), salt (not that much needed) and Caraway Seed, whole or powder
Spicy Sausage

I just sautee the onions and carrots, then add my ham and my lentils and cook them to release starch, giving me the desires thickness for the soup. Add your sausage, whole or chopped up. I prefer halfs, whatever. If you are at that point you can start to season. Then bring the soup up to a roiling boil, it has to be really hot. Drop in the Spätzle which should be cooked in about five to ten minutes. Add herbs, adjust seasoning.

Plate the soup and add just the slightest bit of vinegar. If you want you can eat it with sourdough bread with butter on it, that's how I do it.

Very rich soup which is just perfect for rainy days. With the sausage and the ham you get a strong broth even without using any bones or leftover meat.

Image are the sausages used normally, called Pfefferbeißer. You can also use Kabanos or any similiar polish, bohemian or czech sausage.

If there's nothing like that where you live then maybe try Chorizo :~)

My eternal nigga
>tfw get the consistency just right, the basil's taste is perfectly balanced with the other ingredients, and occasionally toasting up a few croutons for it

Yes, that recipe is quite similar indeed. If I am being honest though I really dislike her using chicken broth. Maybe pork broth could have been acceptable, but the taste of the sausage and the taste of the chicken broth just bite each other. It does not fit in the slightest.

Kielbasa are already pretty "meh" when it comes to packing a punch, but if you cut them in small pieces and cook them in chicken broth they are guaranteed to lose their flavour. I recommend cooking them whole or halfed and cutting them after plating. Otherwise her recipe seems very nice and I have no gripes with it.

Thank you very much user for taking the time for that post and sharing a family recipe. That meal is now on deck for this week.

most patrician soup

>being 40 years old

>classic image.jpg