Seriously, FUCK onions. Fuck the smell, fuck the taste, fuck the texture. Feels like eating razor blades...

Seriously, FUCK onions. Fuck the smell, fuck the taste, fuck the texture. Feels like eating razor blades. They smell bad and people who eat them smell bad. There is no way someone could like something that literally tastes like armpit sweat. Stop deluding yourself and join the onion hate.

fascinating. were you dropped as a child? are you a child?

>Exposure, plain and simple. Scientists tell us that aversions fade away when we eat moderate doses of the hated foods at moderate intervals, especially if the food is complex and new to us. (Don't try this with allergies, but don't cheat either: few of us have genuine food allergies.) Exposure works by overcoming our innate neophobia, the omnivore's fear of new foods that balances the biological urge to explore for them. Did you know that babies who are breast-fed will later have less trouble with novel foods than those who are given formula? The variety of flavors that make their way into breast milk from the mother's diet prepares the infant for the culinary surprises that lie ahead. Most parents give up trying novel foods on their weanlings after two or three attempts and then complain to the pediatrician; this may be the most common cause of fussy eaters and finicky adults--of omnivores manqués. Most babies will accept nearly anything after eight or ten tries.

i knew jeremy had the yellow fever

>By closing ourselves off from the bounties of nature, we become failed omnivores. We let down the omnivore team. God tells us in the Book of Genesis, right after Noah's flood, to eat everything under the sun. Those who ignore his instructions are no better than godless heathens.

feels like eating razor blades?

>The more I contemplated food phobias, the more I became convinced that people who habitually avoid certifiably delicious foods are at least as troubled as people who avoid sex, or take no pleasure from it, except that the latter will probably seek psychiatric help, while food phobics rationalize their problem in the name of genetic inheritance, allergy, vegetarianism, matters of taste, nutrition, food safety, obesity, or a sensitive nature.

It's a pretty ubiquitous ingredient OP. Maybe you're just a giant child with the palette of a toddler.

I think the taste and smell of onions are fine, but I cannot get over the texture. It's very unpleasant, raw or cooked. Only time I can really handle onion is either in powder form or after I leave it in the blender for a bit.

But would you eat leeks or scallions? How about garlic (which is even more pungent, especially when raw)?

man, onions give me the shits and i still love them. stay salty nigga.

>leeks or scallions

Can't remember ever eating that. I hate chives though.

>How about garlic

Garlic sauce is fine, but the whole raw thing? probably not.

Scallions are also called green onions, or spring onions. Have you really never had them before? Leeks are only common in certain parts of the world, but it seems like scallions are about as ubiquitous as onion or garlic.

I put onions on literally everything I cook
Onion is the king of the kitchen, garlic is queen

They can improve anything. I put raw onion in my tuna salad; gives it a good crunch when I don't have celery.

I'd put em both in but i almost never buy celery unless I'm doing a soup.

My friend's family roasts big fucking blades of onion in with their roast veggies and are surprised when I eat everything else and leave them on the plate. Onions are meant to flavor other ingredients during cooking, and then to either be artfully disguised or discarded.

Okay, but you're wrong.

Actually I take it back I kind of like the texture of raw onion. On sandwiches, bagels, salads, etc. My mom makes a salad with red onion, strawberries and goat cheese that's fucking awesome

Onions are the best thing ever

There's really nothing I'd specifically buy celery for, except for chicken and dumplings.

>blades of onion
>blades
Are they sharp? Can you cut things with them?

>mfw someone says that he dislikes onions

A world without onions or a world with tomatoes?

I don't know which is worse.

The best way to learn to appreciate Onion is in a nice authentic Chicago Style Pizza. The sauce drink in the pizza pairs quite well with the onion.

People that don't like onions are subhuman and shouldn't be able to vote.

I'm not really fond of regular onions but I do love red onions

no sandwich feels complete without a few slices

Use a grinder

Think again, retardo.

How are you supposed to eat your cochinita pibil (pork) tacos without some delicious purple onion?