It's summer and hot as balls. How are you enjoying your watermelons?

It's summer and hot as balls. How are you enjoying your watermelons?

Other urls found in this thread:

wayback.archive-it.org/5923/20120110062904/http://ers.usda.gov/Briefing/Vegetables/vegpdf/WatermelonFactors.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eitsutpOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know how to cut it into cubs.

With a bottle of rum in it.

Just drank a fresh watermelon juice at my local Asian tea shop...man that shits good when I thirst

Watermelon, feta, honey, and arugula

Lime and chili powder

i like it by itself, cut into triangles. maybe a little sugar. im not too picky. i dont have it that often

here in jersey, we do better with our sweet corn and tomatoes. love the jersey produce

>honey

*tips fedora*

>Sugar
>Not Salt

like i said, im more on corn and tomatoes

like my women, chilled and in the cooler

Those things aren't comparable to watermelon at all.

maybe suggesting that they're in season

who /RainierCherries/ here

Had them. Pretty meh.

*high five* epic dude, epic for the win

>sugar on watermelon

>americans

>tfw live in Seattle

Feels fucking good, man.

>putting sugar on a watermelon
what the fuck? isn't it already sweet enough?

>tfw black and don't even love watermelons that much but like eating them during the summer since they're in season but if I go to the store and buy one people will say "oh yeah black people love watermelon haha" so i have to be careful when I buy them

Cubed with lime juice+zest and a little fresh mint.
It's glorious.

Also good with some basil or thyme

>buy one people will say "oh yeah black people love watermelon haha" so i have to be careful when I buy them

honestly you shouldn't care, white people will always make fun of you, they're just naturally hateful people. Anything black people enjoy will be turned into something for white "people" to make fun of, are you really going to let the opinions of people that eat mayonnaise sandwiches bother you?

wayback.archive-it.org/5923/20120110062904/http://ers.usda.gov/Briefing/Vegetables/vegpdf/WatermelonFactors.pdf

"Asian and Hispanic consumers were the strongest con-
sumers of watermelon. Compared with other consumers,
watermelon was discovered to be less important in the
diets of non-Hispanic black and white consumers"

"Black consumers represent nearly 13
percent of the U.S. population yet only accounted for 11
percent of watermelon consumption during the 1994-96 sur-
vey period"

Black people eat about .1 kg more watermelon than white people

>Shitskins are so butthurt they look up fruit buying statistics so they can dispell inconsequential stereotypes.

Now this is weapons grade autism

>white people will always make fun of you, they're just naturally hateful people
Everyone makes fun of everybody, dude. Asian and Mexican women are terrible, they'll talk shit about you in their language assuming you don't understand them then start kissing your ass when you call them out.

fucking americans

just ice cold chilled, cut in half and eaten with a SPOON scooping stuff out

Tfw you are allergic to watermellons but you eat them anyways

Beep beep
Better melon than watermelon coming through
Watermelonfags BTFO

Too sweet, can't enjoy.

>melon

My wife's son loves them with the seeds still inside.

>Everyone makes fun of everybody, dude.

ha ha dude it's just a joke xD

see pic

>Being a shitskin
White people will never see you as an equal

And whites complain why non whites don't act and assimilate like them.

Don't like whites? Want to act like a third world savage? Stay out of white countries.

Either as agua fresca, or with coarse salt.

Yeah right, you expect me to believe whites built pyramids when all they have is that shitty Stonehenge? Even the Mexicans had pyramids.

It's winter, not summer.

Not for people in civilized countries

>tossing that much of the watermelon away
For what purpose?

>implying there are no civilised countries south of the equator

I have a mild melon allergy, I'm also sometimes bothered by honeydew, cantaloupe and even cucumbers. Usually it's just a little tickle in the back of the mouth and throat, if anything at all. That said, I did have a bad stretch in my early twenties when eating any sweet melon would cause me to lose my voice for an hour or two and cucumbers caused some annoying tingling.

Luckily that has passed and I haven't really noticed any irritation at all in the last few years.

Yes, that is what I was implying. Good job.

Cut into steaks, vacuum pack together with marinade (rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and seaweed flakes, for example), and stick it in the freezer. Let it freeze, then thaw overnight in the fridge.

When done, it has a consistency similar to raw tuna, and can be used for poorfag sushi.

You can achieve a similar result (pic related) by just braising it (except uncovered) with the marinade for about 2 hours at 350.

I dont care about white acceptance

speed, quantity, people dont want to buy packaged pre-cut watermelon with any rind on it, idk man USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD

That company must go through tens of thousands of watermelons a year its an industrial process. Scraps in these kind of places will get turned into farm feed and other shit

With Tajin

I've got some Bradford melons growing in my garden, fingers crossed they'll fruit before September. Heard about them on NPR and hoping they end up as sweet as they claim.

Also got some Charleston Grays planted cus I love spitting out the seeds and no stores near me sell seeded melons anymore.

compared to unsatisfactory crops being thrown out outright and unsold products being thrown out, good food being lost during preparation is nothing in terms of food waste

Thanks

Watermelon makes me very thirsty, wat do?
I know it's to do with the sugars but it's the only thing apart from bananas that does this to me.
Thanks for reading my blog anons.

try drinking a hydrating fluid such as water

Nice, senpai but I have to wonder, is growing your own watermelons worth it. It's like 99 cents for 5lbs.

chop off the sides, quarter, cut off slices, cut them from the rind and then cut them horizontally so I end up with 3-4 sticks of melon, which I eat from outside to center slice.

Bought a juicer, been juicing watermelon.
P R I M E

are you thirst right now?

I eat watermelon with fried chicken and collard greens.

I enjoy it by throwing it in the trash
because watermelon is fuckin nasty

mint feta watermelon salad is the shit, freshest salad to have in summer

>all these faggots preferring watermelon to melon
Watermelon tastes like velvety water. Fuck watermelon. Melon's where it's at and where it's always been at.

Lime, salt and cayenne pepper mmm

Nice
I'll try it

Growing any produce yourself is worth it. The taste is massively better. I produce hundreds of pounds of watermelons, and I eat at least one a day when they're ripe. If I couldn't grow them, I would never buy one from a grocery store, because the quality is complete garbage.

I prefer a thirst-quenching ice cold cucumber on a stick in summer.

Sounds just like my reaction but i also puff up around the lips and anywhere i get juice. I just have to cube the melon instead of eating it like this m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eitsutpOc

Nice boyfriend you got there.

I is lobesin' dem waddymelons OP

I converted to weeb style and now eat them with a spoon after cutting the melon open. It's basically vegetable ice cream

you do have to be careful and get the right melons at the right time of year.

Florida melons come in early and are great in May, basically shit after that until later in the year. West coast melons come in next and are not that good, I'm not eating them.

Southern and midwest melons come in late July and August and they are primo, the absolute best. rest of the year, it's utter shit from central america and i won't touch them

>melon is a vegetable
Weebs are fucking stupid.

Are you high right now? What exactly do you think a watermelon is?

It's a berry, you inbred

It contains seeds you fool, therefore it's a type of fruit.