I've been thinking about trying this, has anyone here lived off it for an extended period of time? How was it...

I've been thinking about trying this, has anyone here lived off it for an extended period of time? How was it? How does it taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/717930/a-short-list-of-things-soylent-tastes-like/
blendrunner.com/
u.pomf.is/wanyfs.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

N-nobody?

Veeky Forums would know better

>board for people with an interest in food and cooking
>ask a question that basically amounts to saying that you have no interest in food and never want to bother with cooking again

It can't legally be sold if it lies about the nutrient facts, so obviously you can live off of it. Try it and report back before killing yourself due to bland sludge induced despair.

I did it for a solid month last year!
Good shit on a poor poor poorfag budget, I had loads of energy and have never had such healthy shits.
If you're poor or want to stick to a rigid and somewhat healthy diet for a definite period of time, definitely would recommend. If you buy the powder (which is cheapest) it tastes like a peanut-butter-ish protein shake.

Do they make a version that meets nutritional requirements, but at lower calories?

>"""""consuming""""" essentially liquified shit

My ex drinks the liquid shake version. He's lived off it for about a half a year now and he's perfectly content with it but he never cared about food, just kind of sees it as an inconvenience, so there's that. I tried it once and it tasted like drinking pancake mix. Consistency and the taste of water and flour. I can not imagine living off that. Also made his spunk kind of unpleasant if you care about that.

qz.com/717930/a-short-list-of-things-soylent-tastes-like/

Unpleasant h-how

It made it taste less good, nothing major.

It's PEEEEOOOPPPLLEEEEEEE

>spunk
>less good
Ignoring your lack of common grammar, what would you say good spunk would taste like? Fucking strawberries or some shit?
Please use his cum as an example.

I'm also really interested in it and started talking to some friends of friends who did it long term. Just as you'd expect, they got sick of it after a while. Specifically, one person really missed having some texture.

I may try it soon but only as a lunch replacement. What good comes out of drinking the same shit morning noon and night? Yeah, you can survive, but why?

I was a little put off by the mold on the bottles a while ago, but I've been considering the powder stuff. I didn't notice it was cheaper.

Did you ever play with the consistency? Like, using half the water for a thick "soup" or pudding? Might be totally gross, but I'm curious.

Why do you want to know the intricate details of anons boyfriends cum? Are you gay?

Brand-name Soylent makes you fart a lot.
Also, it's very expensive. $300 for a one-month supply if you drink it for all your meals, 3 times a day. That's the kind of money I spent eating fast food once per day five days a week.

You can also do the DIY Soylent. There's some very good recipes that are very cheap over time, but you still have to drop decent money buying ingredients upfront because a lot of it comes in bulk.

>only as a lunch replacement
Get Body Fortress for $15 a can from Wally World. Two scoops, a cup of milk, and a banana. Enjoy your 75% savings over the $300-per-month Liquid Jew.

Since when is $300 for a months supply of food considered expensive? What are you budgeting per week on normal food?

Eating is a little inconvenient sometimes. You do it three times a day or more, there's time, there's dishes, you don't find it tiring?

I'd probably never replace breakfast with it, cereal is easy already, but throughout the workweek, it'd be great to just eat lunch and dinner in minutes.

Then have some fancy home cookings on the weekend.

nah, just curious at what they meant. I mean, there's a cook book on how to cook with cum, so might as well see what all the hub bub is about.

You'd be missing so many micro-nutrients.

why do they they put so much fat in these.

Fat takes longer to digest, which is why you feel hungry later after drinking whole milk than if you had 2%.

but it goes against the chart they printed -right- below it. how do you goof that up.

>around 1/3 of the fat you need daily
so drink it 3 times a day, idiot
You're still getting less that 1500 calories so you wouldn't gain any weight

>eating is inconvenient
>literally
>...LITERALLY
>one of 3-5 things you MUST do - on something usually like a daily basis - to survive
>eating is inconvenient

kys my man. U weren't meant 4 dis world u only drag it down...

not everyone has tons of time to shitpost on Veeky Forums and do whatever they want

I haven't done it on soylent but was on a liquid diet for a while. Might not be the same because of the nutritional differences but here you go:

Drink a ton of water. like a liter between each meal. It is easier to get dehydrated which lead to a lot of leg cramps etc at night when not drinking enough.

Start taking a stool softener. Once you system is cleared out of previous waste the shits you get from it will become very dense/hard. It sucks struggling to shit for 20mins feeling like you are being raped and then it's not even a huge shit just a small super dense golf ball size turd.

It's also common to get irritable during the onboaring process. First 3 days to like a week

You guys how most startups mission statements are always some form of "We're changing the world/we're doing good to help the world?"

Same typical shit like from Salesforce, their SaaS is going to help someone in like the Congo.

Soylent has a real and viable product - why haven't they done anything in developing countries? They could actually be making the world a better place by selling/donating soylent so people in the Congo or Haiti don't starve to death. Is it because there's no ROI?

no, look close. It says it's based on a 2000 calorie diet (which is pretty average). each serving is 500 calories with 24g of fat. which multiplied by 4 is way over the 65g daily limit they put in the chart.

they don't even come close to meeting their own fibre requirements either.

My roommate has an eating disorder and the doctor had him start with it to ensure he actually gets adequate nutrition. These days the only time he eats actual food in any significant quantity is when he's got the munchies.

I'm actually using it at lunch. I still eat "normally" at diner though. It's kinda practical if you don't feel like having a pause and continue working through the day to be honest.

>no, look close
user I saw
those aren't limits, those are suggestions
those show what you need at the base level
most human adults over the height of 5'7 wouldn't need a 2000 calorie diet
and again, 3 servings is only 1500 calories so you can supplement whatever else you need because you still have 500 calories left at the base level

if it's a base level, why does it say "less than" and not "at least"

I'm subscribed to the 56 packs a month plan. During the week I eat soylent twice a day and focus all my cooking effort into ridiculous breakfasts
>more $$$ since grocery/market trips aren't a weekly occurence anymore
>more time to work on hobbies because I'm not in the kitchen cooking/cleaning near as much
>everything I eat is something delicious, cooking is fun again because I'm not doing it all the time
>counting calories is way easier when you know an exact count for 2/3 of all your meals with zero effort

would recommend 2 meals of soylent and only cooking your favorite meal of the day, to pretty much anyone.

What sorts of things do you eat for breakfast?

I've done some research into the matter.
The "warehouses" that distribute the product are less-than clean, because it's considered a supplement, so there's little regulation on health matters.
The owner and founder of the product doesn't even adhere to the product any longer.
Most doctors do not suggest supplementing your entire nutrition with these types of drinks.
The idea, in theory, is good, but it just isn't ready yet.

per 2000 calories, you dingus.

Your body needs fat to survive, and you're burning a lot, considering you're essentially a vegan now.

Yes, you're talking about America here.
I watched a documentary on the creators of this shit, and one of the guys specifically said, "I'm thrilled to finally have a product that Americans will pay me for."

my brother was used soylent and now he is die
habby?

that sounds pre fucking gay

Well, who else would he sell it to? The guy's based in america, and he's clearly a small-time producer without the ability to get the legal approvals needed to sell it overseas. The rest of the world isn't even a potential customer.

Soylent is basically a fleshlight for your stomach

be a weiner if you want to

The OP asked why he wasn't a philanthropist, helping shit-ass Africa.

I do the same thing. I make my own using a recipe i found online. I have been using it for about 4 months now for breakfast and lunch and lazy dinners if i don't feel like cooking.

Great alternative to giving up and getting fast food or going out to eat. On weekends i eat whatever i want though, I usually end up still eating it for breakfast and going out saturdays and cooking something delicious on Sundays.

It isn't about not wanting to cook for me, more about just wanting to maintain a good diet and save some money instead of buying lunch every day at work.

the dipshit is typing this crap from a script

It tastes like flour in water, works decent for replacing a single meal or two, feels kinda miserable if you're only drinking it for EVERY meal.

but...

Tastes like the milk from a bowl of Cheerios

I'm turned on now.
Honey nut cheerios?

It was fun for a while but it's seriously bland. I mixed it with this stuff often.

I kind of wish they sold variety packs and used flavours like most protein powders do.

Just experiment with your own m8. Eat pineapple for a few days straight and see how it affects it. Then don't drink a lot of water for a few days straight and take notes on the change. Then binge on 'go 'za. For science.

Which formula is this

Normal cheerios

Add some honey and I'd assume a tiny pack of peanut butter powder if you want honey nut

You can buy protein pack flavoring online. And the neutral flavor lends itself to being flavored easily, even with shit like MIO water enhances

It was more an observation. Salesforce, Dropbox, Mulesoft all have SaaS products that can't possibly help anyone in developing nations. But they do have all the same type of vision/mission statements in changing the world for the better. Obviously with their products, they can't and won't.

Soylent at least is a real product that can do it.

>powdered peanut butter

That is... that is genius holy fuck

>Body Fortress
No...not really. Eat two pieces of fruit if you're so afraid about your "micros"

Or add a hand full of nuts or oats or greek yogurt or chia seeds or a chewable flintstones vitamin etc etc

Have you actually read what's in soylant? It's sugar water with some soy protein.

Yum Yum my malto and soy protein super snack tastes like paste is so much better then just buying a blender and a tub of whey. Why spend 30 seconds blending my own shake when i can pay 300% more for something even less nutritious.

Yeah we could drop powdered milk, a tub of whey and tub of peanut butter and save world hunger that way too, but seriously who gives a fuck ain't nobody got time for that.

>Good shit on a poor poor poorfag budget,
It's really not, you can eat far cheaper and get enough nutrition. It's far more "I'm not quite a poorfag and really care about hitting my PDV".

its fucking trash

Why?

it tastes like sand

It's 4 meals a day, not 3. They're 500 calories each.
I average about $55 a week and I could cut that by quite a bit if I dropped some of the meat and my sweet tea.

>chicken
>carrots
>bell peppers
>potatoes
>onions
>rice
>broccoli
>kiwis
>bananas
>eggs
>bread
>mushrooms
>misc. shit like cooking oil, salt, spices, etc
That's pretty much what I live off of. If anyone can see a glaring deficiency I'd appreciate it.

You didn't try eating it out of the jar, did you?

nope i tried in many ways and it was always shit.

Maybe you got a bad jar.

Veeky Forums here. Soylent is garbage macros. 20 grams of protein for 500 cals is shit tier supplement. If you are on a 2000 calorie diet and you only are getting 80 grams of protein, your muscles wI'll wither in your skinnyfat frame. Covers most of your micronutrients but so does just taking a multivitamin daily. Also, what's enjoyable about eating paste?

This is the board for food and cooking.

It tastes like watery pancake batter. I would never live off it but it's a very nice convenience to have around.

Doesn't it leave you hungry? I can't imagine something liquid being very filling.

I've been living off it for the past few days and it seems fine so far. Really convenient time-saver. Doesn't really taste like much. I've found that the water you use (tap, filtered, distilled) has a surprisingly significant effect on the little bit of taste that it has, but I usually just chug it and don't really care.

It somehow doesn't. I keep expecting to feel unsatisfied after a "meal" of it but never do. Trying to drink more than a meal's worth makes me feel overstuffed, even though it's probably less mass than I'd normally consume from a normal solid meal.
It does leave me really urging to chew something though. I've heard a lot of people on soylent have taken to chewing gum just to have something to chew on.

do you flavour yours at all?

No, I just chug it straight. The little bit of flavor that it has isn't really unpleasant, and after it's all you've eaten for a day or two, it tastes completely and utterly neutral.
I have mixed it with fruit before just to see how well it takes on the flavor, but only once.

There are quite a few diy recipes on their site, but is there anywhere I can find the recipe for the official version, or something very similar? It seems ridiculous to buy something premade that would take almost no work to make yourself after buying the ingredients.

Do you ever mix it up much to include cooking something new? Or do you try to get creative with those things?

Also, I'm new to budgeting food but you seem like you're well set man

>it tastes completely and utterly neutral.

sounds miserable.

Maybe to some kind of lardass who's constantly miserable whenever he's not eating something. Eating something that's entirely neutral is no more unpleasant than simply not eating, which is something I hope you spend the majority of your time doing anyway.

I bought some when I was in a "tired of all food" phase and it's nice to have on hand when you just wanna get a meal in you. I've pretty much given up on fast food because I'd rather chug a glass of soylent than eat another shitty burger.

Fuck off you fat whore, show tits or get the fuck out.

>willingly eating estrogen laced trash that will make you into a gyno at best and a full on degen tranny at worst

lol

>not wanting tits

this

I'm literally praying thanks every day that I got to live in the xenoestrogen innoculated world of boyish numales and 10/10 quality traps in an age of deviancy and also thick thighs and asses and watermelon tits on girls by the time they graduate 7th grade

>estrogen laced
Where do you fags come up with this shit? It's not even made of soy.

You're on the wrong board.

Actually, powder 1.6 will be rolling out soon, it uses soy protein. 2.0 (the drink) already does.

Soy doesn't even have human estrogen in it, it has plant estrogen. Humans don't use plant estrogen.

Part of the definition of estrogen is that it specifically promotes female characteristics in humans. If it doesn't mimic the effect of human estrogen in humans, it's not estrogen.

>Humans don't use plant estrogen
Soy contains phytoestrogens, which have the same effect on humans as human-produced estrogen

That being said, the amount it has is negligible compared to the amount normally produced by the human body

Fat is good for you, numbnuts.

Joylent >> Soylent

blendrunner.com/

their website hurts my eyes. fucking cyan on white, are you serious.

Here is an example of someone that has consumed soylent for too long.

u.pomf.is/wanyfs.webm

Total ripoff. It's nothing you can't make yourself under more sanitary conditions than the rat invested NY warehouse that they mix it in.

Is it made out of people?

summer soylent shills
posting scripted tales
I'd rather eat
50 egg
no one can eat 50 egg!

Soylent turns you into an AGP tranny

>spunk
In what sort of savage land do people use that word?

Why are there so fucking many?