Flavortown General

Post your location. Share your favorite local restaurant/bar and tell us about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mattsbar.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chicago, Flyover USA. Famous for our 'go 'za

Some of you coastfags may have heard of Portillo's. Amazing Italian beefs with sweet peppesr, cheese fries, chicago dogs. Try the "Combo" - a italian beef with an italian sausage tossed in.

>shitposting this transparently

forgot pic

>not realizing i'm getting the thread started
>double bumping the thread this transparently

As much as I want to steer clear of the 'go 'za memes, Moose's Tooth in Anchorage just got ranked #3 pizza place in the US by TripAdvisor. Everyone in town was shitting bricks over it.
I think it's good, but overpriced. I'd rather wolf down a $8 pizza from Sam's Club or order from Great Alaska Pizza Company.
Stay away from Sicily's though. Awful awful awful. The only reason they stay in business is because they're the only 24hr pizza chain in the state.

Despite blatantly samefagging, that was probably the most informed goza shitpost I've ever seen. Most people have no clue what they're talking about, but OP actually named a popular Chicago chain, along with some of their most popular items.

The thread should nonetheless be deleted and OP banned, but at least he put in a little bit of effort.

I wasn't trying to hide it. But is it really a shitpost when it's truly where I'm from?

You should have posted a pic.

Let's share some good spots.

Moose's Tooth is the GOAT at lunch for a slice and a brew.

far superior though

>Montana cherry

I mean they sell a ton of them every year in Lake County but the huckleberry is much more famous here.

I ate at the Moose's Tooth with my family and the owner kept trying to kiss me "European style". I'm a 34 year old out of shape Samoan guy and it made me super uncomfortable. That said the food was excellent when I got a break in between the kisses

Contrary to the beliefs of city cucks, we flyovers have the best regional foods. Pic very related if you have good taste and don't base what you eat off of memes.

>Ohio
>Cincinnati chili
I have never seen it offered here. Don't apply it for the whole state if it's just served in one shithole city.

Buckeyes or our steak salads would be a better representation. They also wouldn't taste like shit.

>idaho
>potato

>nevada
>buffet

howling

>Buckeyes
>It's a fucking ball of peanut butter

>pizza
>not buffalo wings

new york needs to become two states.

Blueberry muffin for Minnesota?

Matt's Bar is probably the most "popular" food attraction other than the state fair
mattsbar.com/

It's just a really greasy bar burger with cheese inside, you can get a burger and tons of fries for like $8 and they have cheap taps too, but lines are usually insane because of the popularity

The state fair is the biggest attraction, iirc the biggest state fair by overall attendance and food-wise it just boasts a retarded number of things being served on a stick.

Montclair, NJ

Fascino's an old favorite. I remember going there after graduating high school and having some fantastic duck. The menu's changed since then, but I haven't had the right excuse (or wallet) to go there.

>tfw Blu is kill

NJ, Rutts Hut

Half of that has nothing to do with the culinary wasteland known as America.

Minnesotan here. So many amazing choices - I have favorites for every genre. Jasmine Deli for Pho. Wakame for Sushi. Manny's for steak. Monte Carlo for eggs Benedict and bloody Mary's. Broders pasta bar for Italian. St. Genevieve for French. Spoon and Stable for amazing foodie deliciousness. But my favorite is the creative Travail in Robbinsdale.

I've wanted to go there for years.

I've lived in Boston for ten years but I'm from NH. I can't limit it to one state but if you're near the coast in MA, NH or ME during the summer you need to get some fried clams.

My favorite are from the clam shack in Kennebunk, ME. Thy have amazing lobster rolls to boot (pic related). I also love Woodman's in Essex, MA. I've never been to the Clambox in Ipswich but I've heard good things, I think they also let you pick the size of the belly too. JT Farnham's in Essex has a great reputation also.

>Illinois Horseshoe Sandwich
this is seriously a specialty in a shitty town that happens to be our capital (nobody lives there)

You can get it all over Central Illinois (AKA the part of the state that isn't complete shit)

"okay"

>look up best cities in Illinois
>no central illinois cities even in top 15
ey b0ss

I bet you faggots live in fucking Schaumburg or Naperville and tell people you're "from Chicago"

Suburbs douchebags are the absolute scum of the earth.

>Colorado not green chili

Shit graphic desu

It was obviously made in 30 minutes by someone who did no research and just went off state stereotypes, or looked up state foods on Wikipedia and just went with the first think listed.

I find it funny that half the map is produce while the other half is highly processed junk food.

>cinnamon in chili
Absolutely disgusting

Always stupid pictures because barring places like RI, states are too fucking large to attribute one item to them as a specialty.

RI actually has more distinctive regional dishes than many larger states. For some reason they always choose frozen lemonade or coffee milk, which are kiddie drinks.

I absolutely hate Montclair, and I agree blu is a shithole too, food ain't to bad tho, so glad I left the state

>Denver Omelette
Did this fool base his map on the Denny's menu er wat

someone call a vet that dog is fucked

I thought Washington would be salmon.

>Delaware
Lettie's broasted chicken is pretty good

Vancouver

Japadog

>tfw moving from Montclair to Boston
Feels adequate senpai.

Colorado doesn't really have a distinctive state food. There's green chile, but in all fairness NM has a better claim to it.

I'm in Colorado Springs, three good places to eat here are Brother Lucks (hipster gastronomy), Little Nepal (god-tier Indian food). and Monica's Taco Shop (cheap but excellent hole-in-the-wall burrito joint).

>North Dakota
>Not lutefisk or lefse

>Lutefisk
>literally fermented fish marinated in lye for days at a time
>North Dakota is so shitty that people literally eat soap in an attempt to get flavor with their food
Thank God I live in the South.

>'nois
>not 'go 'za

Walla Walla
Washington

Big Cheese Pizza

WHOEVER THINKS THAT THIS IS NOT THE WEST BEST PIZZA HAS AUTISM.

You cannot pay me to go to Walla Walla, the town so nice, they named it twice.

i do exactly this. wacha gon do about it you fucking faggot? ill wreck your shit m8 dont even try me blud

The Indians or something related named the place. I think it means "Water", or, "Water Water".

>chicago
>recommending a chain for combos

kill yourself
Johnnies Beef is the best place (although its technically a few blocks west of chicago id say it still counts as chicago)

fucking suburblets when will they learn

but the cincinnati metro has 2 million people. you need to try a bit harder with your shitposting

Canuck here. Why is Nevada known for its buffets? Or is the chart referring to a stripper buffet?

buffets became popular in los vegas. thats it really. i guess all you can eat gluttony ties into the whole sin and vice motif the city has

>Alaska
>king crab
whoever fucking made this is a hack
a hell of a lot more people eat salmon even in the center of the state then the aquatic bug meme

Why the fuck is deep dish not on Illinois? What the fuck is a horseshoe sandwich, an execution method?

I can't pick just one favorite, that's impossible.
Roseville CA

Plan B (French bistro, everything is always perfect here, every meal I've had has been fantastic, and their moules frites are goddamn amazing.)

Green Elephant (awesome Burmese food, my favorites are the tea leaf salad, laksa, and the mango pickled pork curry. So fucking good.)

KT Noodle (Vietnamese, your basic stuff, but they do it very well, the place has been around for ever)

Chaat House (Indian, mostly southern Indian food, super fresh. You can't go there for a quick lunch on your break, because they make everything fresh, so your order takes awhile, but it's so worth it. I usually just get their special Thali of the day, because you can't go wrong, but all their stuff is good. Now I'm craving a stuffed paratha.)

Umi Sushi (best sushi I've found yet, impeccable, and the owners hold a really high standard, plus are total bros and hand out soju shots and sake bombs if it's close to closing time.) Last time we were there, we had their weekend special, which was a three course lobster dish (we watched them kill the lobster right in front of us), with lobster miso soup (using the head and edible innards), sauteed lobster (using the legs and claws, tasted awesome), and lobster tail sashimi with caviar and gold leaf (very good and extravagant, but the other two had more flavor), and then we also had a bunch of sashimi and abalone. We usually just let them make us whatever they want, and it's always, always, fucking great.

There's other restaurants that should be on that list, but I don't frequent them as often because they're fine dining and rather expensive.

>implying people on the coasts realize that the vast majority of people live in cities, even in the interior of the country

Asheville, NC. Can't possibly pick a favorite, this town is known for it's top-tier restaurants and even better breweries.

I'll narrow it down to three in no particular order to make it easier.

>Urban Burrito
Looks like a cheap Mexican place, kind of is, totally delicious. I'm a semi-regular because it's cheap and tastes great, and you have a lot of options.

>Lexington Avenue Brewery (The L.A.B)
Kind of pricey bar and restaurant located downtown. Has a nice big open wall facing the street that lets in the breeze during the summer. They have excellent local beers and usually a seasonal brew or two, as well as pretty dank bar food that's kind of jazzed up. Worth every penny.

>Apollo Flame
This one is kind of out of the way of most tourists so it isn't too well known among outsiders. Still a very busy place because it's cheap and it's some of the best Greek food in a 100 mile radius. Their pizza is okay but the real attraction is the gyros.

Asheville as a whole is great for food though. I have yet to eat at a restaurant around here and be disappointed. Some are better than others, but all are good. It's also a major hippy town so there is an abundance of good food for vegans and vegetarians too. Coincidentally, this also makes Asheville a great town for people-watching and playing the "Homeless or Hipster?" game.

>Pennsylvania cheesesteak
>completely ignoring western and central PA
It's not even the best sandwich in Philly.

>Arizona
>chimichanga

we actually call it "cherrychanga" here.